Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. I don't think that the throne actually belongs to Alleria. I realize that the people would reject her, since she has been missing for so long. She is a beloved hero, but that alone usually doesn't secure the absolute loyalty of the people and the nobility. However, I do believe that the Void Lords' statement that Alleria is the rightful queen is half true. Or possible just one of the countless truths they've seen; but meaningless truths, things that are true only if separated from any context. It is not actually true, because, much like the Light, the Void never shows actual, full truths. But I do believe there is some logic behind their statement. And it is interesting that Blizzard would put that line in the comic.

(I still hope there is a Silvermoon warfront by the way, though I know it won't happen.)
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I mean you are making the case for a dictator, not a king. A monarchy needs the notion of a divine blood right to persist, dictatorships and empires do not, which is often why after the person that ruled them dies they topple. Charismatic leader rising to power doesn't necessarily equate the rise of a new monarchy. I would say that as of late happens a lot less.

And Lor'themar himself IS a dictator, and a beloved one at that. Even if he technically just happened to end up in that position, he's still a dictator, he wasn't chosen.

So really, in absence of any charismatic opposition, there are no issues for Lor'themar's rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm sure Blizzard will dig up a distant cousin to humiliate and kill off at some point. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of Lor'themar's dialogue lines if you click on him is along the lines of "no king shall rule Quel'thelas again" so as far as he's concerned it doesn't matter.
    found it:
    Never again shall a king reign in Silvermoon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    One of Lor'themar's dialogue lines if you click on him is along the lines of "no king shall rule Quel'thelas again" so as far as he's concerned it doesn't matter.
    found it:
    That brings forth the question of where do those strong feelings against a monarchy come from. I mean, I would have never thought of Bob as a hardliner Jacobin.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Unless Lor'themar becomes Warchief to get killed the next expansion, he'll be Silvermoon's leader for life, simply because he's done a pretty good job at keeping them alive
    This. In the short stories, Halduron has even pushed for Lor'themar to establish a new dynasty. The blood elves seem content with the regency and the small council of advisors, so if anything we'll probably see the Convocation (sp?) reestablished, headed up by Lor'themar. Make the current government more permanent than a regency protecting the throne in lieu of a Sunstrider heir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That brings forth the question of where do those strong feelings against a monarchy come from. I mean, I would have never thought of Bob as a hardliner Jacobin.
    May not be antimonarchic so much as honoring the decree that Anasterian is the last king. Lor'themar seems to agree that's how it should be.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    What happened to Lyandra Sunstrider? I remember that she's part of some mage questline in Legion (and is undead because I guess Arthas killed her), but I'm not sure what her current status is. She might still be undead, unless it's canon that she died and stayed dead from the mage questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    found it:
    I can already imagine what cheesy line Blizzard's writers would have Alleria say:

"Yes. No king shall ever reign in Silvermoon again... but I am no king!"
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    What happened to Lyandra Sunstrider? I remember that she's part of some mage questline in Legion (and is undead because I guess Arthas killed her), but I'm not sure what her current status is. She might still be undead, unless it's canon that she died and stayed dead from the mage questline.
    Killed by the Fire Mage champion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Killed by the Fire Mage champion
    This does open up the fact that there are elves who do wish to take the throne. Maybe a rival for Lor'Themar will arise in the future, if he doesn't already ascend within the next hundred years.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    This does open up the fact that there are elves who do wish to take the throne. Maybe a rival for Lor'Themar will arise in the future, if he doesn't already ascend within the next hundred years.
    Considering Felo'melorn was necessary for even a distant relative to the Sunstrider dynasty to even hold a claim to the throne, I do not even know what other elves can do about it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Felo'melorn was necessary for even a distant relative to the Sunstrider dynasty to even hold a claim to the throne, I do not even know what other elves can do about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

Good points.

I do feel like the matter can be on hold for now but probably not for too long is the thing.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Theron is still only the regent of Quel'thalas. He did not found the "Theron dinasty". Therefore, the throne is technically still waiting for a new king -- or queen. And since House Sunstrider is extinct, House Windrunner is the second most prestigious and influential family in Quel'thalas, giving Alleria a greater claim than Theron has.
    Probably Vereesa since Alleria is sort of banned from Silvermoon now. Vereesa does have two sons, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I was hoping they would have used the heritage quest lines to progress storylines; it would have been great if the Blood Elf Champion was called by Theron to help him reconvene the Convocation of Silvermoon (and maybe given a seat there as the voice of the people).
    I agree it would've been nice to have the Convocation officially reconvened, but I'm not sure about the PC being given a seat. The closest we've gotten so far to a PC being a racial leader was in the goblin starter zone when you were preparing for a bid to replace Gallywix as Trade Prince, but even that was short-lived. Politicking would take up way too much of a PC's time for that to be feasible.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean it would be funny if Alleria gave in to the Void and conquered Silvermoon for them and corrupted the Sunwell.

Don't think it would make a lot of people happy, but I'd lol
    I mean why not.

1.) Blood Elves would get back to their BC characterization
    2.) Alliance would finaly fuck up
    3.) We get to kill Alleria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Probably Vereesa since Alleria is sort of banned from Silvermoon now. Vereesa does have two sons, too.
    Problem: Vereesa is firmly with The Alliance. Also, I'm pretty sure she's not on good terms with Lorthe'mar either and that kinda matters.

The only reason Lorthe'mar let Alleria in Silvermoon to meet with him is out of sentamentality first and she didn't know the details of what happened after the Scourge attacked second. Actually I'm not sure she really understands after the fact. LOL. I'm sure Vereesa told her SOMETHING plus we know she saw Sylvanas during the Three Sisters Comic. She really can't buy a clue >.>;

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

There was a topic about resurrection of Kael back in February I think with lot of ideas. Here is mine(from that topic): https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50907419

I thought about that topic for a while.
    I came up with not-quite-ressurection scenario which would not ruin character so much. But I need to read chronicles vol. 3 to see what they said about TBC lore to see if it is even possible.

Main idea is that Legion used some new type of magic to 'recreate' identical copy of him and be put in his stead during some time in TBC (or whatever) and that 'real' Kael was abducted and imprisoned or something like that. That puppet copy of him would explain sudden turn to Legion. And since it was not actually him and we killed a puppet, the character would not be ruined. And then quest to find real Kael begins.

They don't even need to get him back alive in current Warcraft story. For example they could make him like that he died after he escaped his prison during some time in the past and we didn't even know it. It could be like some 'detective' questline to uncover his true fate and would be known to small group of ppl (us players and questgivers). We could've get to know that magic through some clues about something completely different and get into research and research which would lead us to Kael. And they could even do it with Illidari. Since Illidari cleaned up old Legion footholds of higher legion officers, they uncovered some new and secret legion's spells/magic/whatever that they implemented on Kael - Kil'jaeden is the deceiver after all...and wouldn't it be a smart deception that almost got him through Sunwell?

Imagination is endless.
    With that in mind, they could make him dead or alive, but at very least redeemed in our hearts
    Last edited by rydix; 2019-09-05 at 10:21 AM.

Shouldn't the Convocation of Silvermoon make a comeback in absence of a royal house?

Another way to bring back the Sunstriders could be Kael'thas is revealed to have had an illegitimate child with a blood elf out of wedlock before The Third War. Make it a blood elf male who would be an adult now even in elven years and you have the Sunstrider family back. Kael simply didn't know of the child's existence because the no name mother kept it a secret, or she died during the Scourge invasion before she could tell Kael, so the young orphaned bastard Sunstrider was raised by a random blood elf couple. How the child finds his identity as a Sunstrider could be a quest unto itself.

what? It's not any worse than half the shit they've written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Another way to bring back the Sunstriders could be Kael'thas is revealed to have had an illegitimate child with a blood elf out of wedlock before The Third War. Make it a blood elf male who would be an adult now even in elven years and you have the Sunstrider family back. Kael simply didn't know of the child's existence because the no name mother kept it a secret, or she died during the Scourge invasion before she could tell Kael, so the young orphaned bastard Sunstrider was raised by a random blood elf couple. How the child finds his identity as a Sunstrider could be a quest unto itself.

what? It's not any worse than half the shit they've written.
    ...Check my OP (very first post in this thread). That was one of the scenarios I mentioned.

The liklihood of Kael'Thas having a bastard would depend on when and where we're talking about. If it was before he went to Dalaran to study then yeah I'd say the chances are pretty high he could have had kids, likely with another Sindorei on that note. It's unlikely he made time while he was in Dalaran since his only implied love interest--Jaina--wasn't interested and was also an unofficial rival student of his, too. It's unlikely it was immediately after the Scourge invasion since we know what he was doing from then until he went to Outland. That would be the most likely time Kael'Thas could have had to get someone--likely another Sindorei pregnant with his child and him not knowing about it before he died and was Fel Rezzed. By the time Silvermoon branded him a traitor, anyone who happened to have his child or was pregnant with his child would have likely gone into hiding.

Agewise, a child born after the Scourge Invasion would be 12 to 14 years old now. If they were born before the Third War, they could be of age now though. As you said though, their father's identity could be kept a closely guarded secret off the bat to protect their lives. Usually something to the effect "Your father died before you were born" or "He died when you were a baby." Kael'Thas was a Mage of considerable skill even before he went to Dalaran. Any kids of his would have a strong magical affinity to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Shouldn't the Convocation of Silvermoon make a comeback in absence of a royal house?
    Good question and you'd think the best time for that would have been right after Kael'Thas' betrayal. House Windrunner was part of the Convocation but given the current status of The Three Sisters, they probably don't have a seat on the Convocation now. It would have to be rebuilt from scratch if I had to hazard a guess given it's likely most of the members were killed during the Scourge Invasion and there just hasn't been time made on the matter since.