Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    because it's own frustration mechanics are doing their job and delaying people from burning through content, barring those who've spent the last decade perfecting the lvling grind for speed-runs.
    further more there are things that only classic have to offer, such as the pre-casualclysm world, old dungeons and raids(some still coming to classic atm), and to see just how bad the class design and competitive balancing was back then.
    Oh, so people enjoy the game and keep playing it because it takes time to finish all content? But you doomsayers said it'll die within a week because people would instantly realize how bad of a game it was and log off.

WoW Classic is Blizzards most successfully released game in years. And it has only a little to do with nostalgia. We played yesterday in a full party, my friends and my GF, did all the elite quests in Redridge. We had more fun gaming than we've had in a long time. Was almost as fun as our best D&D sessions. Even if we died, even if mobs didn't drop their quest items much. Even if other players tagged our mobs.

We had fun as hell. And that kind of real fun that neither of us have felt in retail since WLK. Except for GF, she loved them pandas and MoP as well. Even if Legion was a good expansion, the world is DEAD. Classic is a true living MMORPG were the social contact, guilds, community is the actual game and it's just set in an amazing world. That's what makes vanilla great.

WoW Classic is Blizzards most successfully released game in years. And it has only a little to do with nostalgia. We played yesterday in a full party, my friends and my GF, did all the elite quests in Redridge. We had more fun gaming than we've had in a long time. Was almost as fun as our best D&D sessions. Even if we died, even if mobs didn't drop their quest items much. Even if other players tagged our mobs.
    Overwatch says hi.

I don't know why people are fighting so much between classic and retail. Wow as a whole will be dead in 2-4 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Overwatch says hi.
    And hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I don't know why people are fighting so much between classic and retail. Wow as a whole will be dead in 2-4 years

- - - Updated - - -

So it begins. Now we can proclaim wow to die TWICE! But who will die first? Classic? Retail? Who knows? MMO-Champion forum knows!

Give me a break. "wow will die" has been said ever since bc was announced. people have moaned and moaned about wow dying for years. Yet here we are, 15 years down the road with Blizzard actually releasing the first version of wow because of popular demand.

Hate to break it to you, but wow is gonna be around for many more years. Sure, they prob wont have 12+ million active subs, but it wont die. its doing just fin, with our without you doomsayers.

The game might be dead for you, but its still there. And no matter how much you scream and cry for it, it will be around.

Its awesome that Blizzard released classic. Its a totally different beast compared to retail in many aspects. Im level 31 on my Paladin right now and yeah its going slowly, but I have had a nice time so far. Its feels much more like a oldschool MMORPG(even though it was considered casual back in 04).

Retail is much more high paced action styled with much more flaire. Thats allright enough and I will 100% return when a new patch/xpac hits.

its GREAT having these two versions in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So it begins. Now we can proclaim wow to die TWICE! But who will die first? Classic? Retail? Who knows? MMO-Champion forum knows!

Give me a break. "wow will die" has been said ever since bc was announced. people have moaned and moaned about wow dying for years. Yet here we are, 15 years down the road with Blizzard actually releasing the first version of wow because of popular demand.

Hate to break it to you, but wow is gonna be around for many more years. Sure, they prob wont have 12+ million active subs, but it wont die. its doing just fin, with our without you doomsayers.

The game might be dead for you, but its still there. And no matter how much you scream and cry for it, it will be around.

Its awesome that Blizzard released classic. Its a totally different beast compared to retail in many aspects. Im level 31 on my Paladin right now and yeah its going slowly, but I have had a nice time so far. Its feels much more like a oldschool MMORPG(even though it was considered casual back in 04).

Retail is much more high paced action styled with much more flaire. Thats allright enough and I will 100% return when a new patch/xpac hits.

its GREAT having these two versions in the game.
    Nope, it will die and retail and classic will die together, even faster if they bring out tbc and wotlk further splitting down the community.

In the past I hae never said wow will die from any external mmo that came along.

This is different.

There's no financial choice for the players to make between the two.

And you covered why wow will die in the last part of your reply, You plan like most to flip flop. Ghost crawler once did an interview where he revealed the #1 reason people quit games from the data he's seen is because there freinds quit or went on breaks. And that's something we have mostly all seen at some point in playing wow, the game always bleeds a few subs each time a community or guild collapses or goes on hiatus, my old guild lost 8 members just last Christmas's break that never came back to wow at all.

And that's what's going to happen over time. Classic community's will be thrown into chaos every major content drop in retail and the player shortage issues in retail will be exasperated by people flopping back to classic.

People will eventualy get sick of guilds having to go on hiatus or go backwards in progression to catch up new members or flopping back and forth only to find they no longer have a raid spot and slowly people will start quitting wow altogether.

Then at some point actiblizz will deem the ip not worth it and shut the lot down.

That's my prediction.

Wether people belive me or not is irrelevent though, the difference between doomsayer and prophet is hindsight.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-09-06 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm pretty sure a lot of mob have actually more than 5 mn respawn.
    I'm pretty sure the Defias Messenger just "wasn't dead yet"

Maybe its my server but that guy repops within a minute of being killed, if he is murdered at Moonbrook he'll calmly step over his own dead body to head to Gold Coast quarry.

Legit having a totally different in game experience to others here, I don't know how to explain it. As Dal Bloodclaw is in a slightly higher zone, maybe the timers return to the more normal (5+ mins) and they artificially upped the rate in the early non-contested zones to prevent bottlenecks idk. But it did make taking peoples complaints of "waiting 10 mins for a quest mob to respawn" seriously hard, figured they were just being whiny.

Particularly, the interactable objects that I remember taking ages to respawn (Felix things in the gnome/dwarf starting area for example, or the Emerald dreamcatcher in the Nelf one) are respawning almost instantly, which I'm pretty sure they shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Nope, it will die and retail and classic will die together, even faster if they bring out tbc and wotlk further splitting down the community.

In the past I hae never said wow will die from any external mmo that came along.

This is different.

There's no financial choice for the players to make between the two.

And you covered why wow will die in the last part of your reply, You plan like most to flip flop. Ghost crawler once did an interview where he revealed the #1 reason people quit games from the data he's seen is because there freinds quit or went on breaks. And that's something we have mostly all seen at some point in playing wow, the game always bleeds a few subs each time a community or guild collapses or goes on hiatus, my old guild lost 8 members just last Christmas's break that never came back to wow at all.

And that's what's going to happen over time. Classic community's will be thrown into chaos every major content drop in retail and the player shortage issues in retail will be exasperated by people flopping back to classic.

People will eventualy get sick of guilds having to go on hiatus or go backwards in progression to catch up new members or flopping back and forth only to find they no longer have a raid spot and slowly people will start quitting wow altogether.

Then at some point actiblizz will deem the ip not worth it and shut the lot down.

That's my prediction.

Wether people belive me or not is irrelevent though, the difference between doomsayer and prophet is hindsight.
    So your predicition is that sometime in the future(you have no idea when), a computer game will fade off and stop being focused on and somewhere down the road be shut down?

My god who could predict that? You really have some amazing insight here. of course games are shut down, it will happen with any game ever created sometime. Thats a given. But I doubt it will happen within any reasonable time between your doomsayer post here on this forum and the day Blizzard decides wow is over.

So your predicition is that sometime in the future(you have no idea when), a computer game will fade off and stop being focused on and somewhere down the road be shut down?

My god who could predict that? You really have some amazing insight here. of course games are shut down, it will happen with any game ever created sometime. Thats a given. But I doubt it will happen within any reasonable time between your doomsayer post here on this forum and the day Blizzard decides wow is over.
    Read my post, my prediction is how it will end up dieing.

Wow will die one day every one knows that, the question has always been when, how and why.

And this my prediction for how and why.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Overwatch says hi.
    So, how envious is Overwatch?

Retail is definetly harder Classic just has more soul

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Maybe its my server but that guy repops within a minute of being killed, if he is murdered at Moonbrook he'll calmly step over his own dead body to head to Gold Coast quarry.
    You lucky guy. I wish he did the same when I had to do the quest

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You lucky guy. I wish he did the same when I had to do the quest
    I'll admit that for the first time ever since playing WoW I saw him elsewhere than "on the road up from Moonbrook" I did a double take when I was clearing Gold Road quarry for pillagers/looters and gnoll paws and he strolled in I was like "Aren't you meant to be dead already??"

So maybe RP servers are weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    So, how envious is Overwatch?
    Probably not very, considering the nostalgia fad of Classic will die pretty quick.

Man, imagine a world where people just played the version of WoW they enjoyed the most- and were quiet about it.

Having a great time in Classic, feelin that nostalgia? Awesome, have fun!

Enjoy running high keys and difficult raids on modern/retail/whatever? Awesome, have fun!

Read my post, my prediction is how it will end up dieing.

Wow will die one day every one knows that, the question has always been when, how and why.

And this my prediction for how and why.
    Your arguments are as old as the game itself. People have been saying what you wrote for a decade now.

Yeah, people come and go. Yeah, guilds break up. Yeah, peoples gaming pattern has changed between 2004 and 2019.

When wow eventually fades away it will be because of many reasons. Sure, maybe some of those you mention. But theres no reason to go cry about how and when on forums when you dont really have the answer to any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Man, imagine a world where people just played the version of WoW they enjoyed the most- and were quiet about it.

Having a great time in Classic, feelin that nostalgia? Awesome, have fun!

Enjoy running high keys and difficult raids on modern/retail/whatever? Awesome, have fun!
    I think anyone dumb enough to think everyone was going to love Classic is also dumb enough to post stuff like the progenitor of this post did. The two games are completely different. Play what you like and recognize the two games now feed into each other. Classic can boost retail sub numbers and make the game feel less uncertain and retail can fund and drive players to future Classic content. Why people have to 'reee' in posts like this is unfathomable to me as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't buy this guys supposed hype for Classic. I see posts complaining about personal loot not being implemented into Classic and chatter about why Classic will fail. Seems like a stir the pot troll to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I never said the game was bad or that it needed any big changes.
    I simply stated that forcing players to do nothing and wait for ridiculous amount of time for a quest mob (not for random mobs or rarespawn or bosses, specifically for quest mobs that you need to inorder to progress through the content) is bad design, because it is. It's bad design for this one thing alone, does not mean in any way shape or form that the whole game is shit.
    I find it great. For me it is a good design. See what i did there? Can we please by all means stop discussing these things as it is completly pointless? Its just sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    nice ive been playing since the very first beta. whats your point again ?
    I'm not sure your original comment to me didn't make any sense.

Your arguments are as old as the game itself. People have been saying what you wrote for a decade now.

Yeah, people come and go. Yeah, guilds break up. Yeah, peoples gaming pattern has changed between 2004 and 2019.

When wow eventually fades away it will be because of many reasons. Sure, maybe some of those you mention. But theres no reason to go cry about how and when on forums when you dont really have the answer to any of it.
    People have been saying that the turmoil caused on a cyclical basis due to flip flopping between retail and classic will eventualy kill of the last vestige of wows community for decades?

WoW they have some forethought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    Depends on what you're trying to say. If you're trying to say that "Getting to a point where your gear is close to the best gear a character in the game can achieve" is hard in classic and easy in retail, you're wrong. Which is what I believe the person I responded to was alluding to.
    That's exactly the case in BFA. Look at world quest gear, bethnic gear, etc. Sorry but you are dead wrong on this. It takes more time and commitment to get gear in classic because they are 40man raids that drop 2-3 epics per boss. Not only will gearing take longer, it plays a bigger role in BGs. I'd like to see you go against me in full Naxx gear and you in blues from dungeons and see how that goes.