Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Cater to your market, if your market are people that hate Trump then ban MAGA hats, or throw out anybody from his administration, if you hate liberals you make things like this. I am A OK with this kind of thing.

It's marketing and adults can make a conscious choice, I encourage this as much as possible. Including not serving, cops, teachers or anyone else. Let the market dictate the results.
    We have laws which say you can not deny service to anyone you want to if your establishment is open to the public. Personally I think it should extend to political views.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We have laws which say you can not deny service to anyone you want to if your establishment is open to the public. Personally I think it should extend to political views.
    Nah, I'd much rather support freedom of speech and freedom of association.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? You political views shouldn't even be relevant to whether you eat a restaurant, they aren't going to know what your political views are unless you're deliberately broadcasting them.

If you don't want people giving you shit for your political views, don't be stupid enough to announce them to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So what is “the wall”? Small salad?

Since political views are at the point of religion, I think they should be protected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    The things people choose to get offended by.

After checking out their menu, I want to go there. The "Outsourced" sounds really good.
    I think you are confusing 'offended' with 'disapproval'.

No one is offended by a badly named menu item. I will lose respect for an establishment that plays these games.

People love making themselves look like clowns.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What a smart business decision to use controversy to drum up business. I find it hilarious some triggered person feels this is hate speech.
    She’s right though that using these terms in jest, normalizes them.

Take for example the term ‘triggered’. It’s a very specific term used to describe things/sounds/situations that set of an episode in people with PTSD or other psychological trauma. It’s a very real and intense thing. Then someone used it instead of the proper term of ‘getting offended’ or ‘getting your feelings hurt’ and now it’s used as if it’s normal, diminishing the true meaning of the term. When someone with PTSD now writes they get triggered by something, a lot of people don’t take it seriously anymore, because they think it’s like getting your panties in a bunch.

You shouldn’t repeat anything Trump says, not even to make fun of it, because there are people out there taking it seriously, like gospel.

It's all fun and games until a burger flipper decides to put a "Wetback" with a side of "Cole Squaw" on the menu.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, here you are... defending and deflecting for him.
    And here you are again, using words you don't understand, while simultaneously misrepresenting my point.

Nobody buys the bullshit that you guys "totally don't even pay attention to him." If that were the case, then you wouldn't be in this conversation.
    I don't give a shit what anyone "buys". My initial comment was directed at a misuse of terms and has nothing to do with the half-wit running the country.

Lying over the internet is no way to go through life.
    Take your own advice, kid.

If people don't want to be called racist, they can stop supporting racists.
    And if people don't want to be labeled as idiots, they should stop using words they don't understand.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what exactly is the wall or lock her up anyway article doesn’t have any pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    So what exactly is the wall or lock her up anyway article doesn’t have any pictures
    https://www.urban-taqueria.com/

The Wall is a brisket burrito

Lock Her Up is a chicken tinga burrito

Pretty much all the names of menu items are political references on either side of the aisle, this is just SJWs bitching about nothing.

If I were to order the Wall, how long will it take to be made?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    How to make your business a perpetual target for pranksters, dine and dashers, and bored adolescents in four easy steps.

I mean this is cute and all but I think there's something rather sordid in naming your food the American equivalent of things like "Reichstag Flambe", "Dachau Delight" and "Burger Belsen".
    lol the worst about your thought is that you think people will attack this place for their transgressions, hell there's a little truth in there that people will overlook be amused like they should. Keep pinpointing your fucking spot on.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    https://www.urban-taqueria.com/

The Wall is a brisket burrito

Lock Her Up is a chicken tinga burrito

Pretty much all the names of menu items are political references on either side of the aisle, this is just SJWs bitching about nothing.
    agreed the menu looks great, political wise your in for some trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to admit those are funny names. Lock her up! Does anyone really care about these things when we're approaching elections again and America has a second chance to properly vote for Bernie Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean this is cute and all but I think there's something rather sordid in naming your food the American equivalent of things like "Reichstag Flambe", "Dachau Delight" and "Burger Belsen".
    Imagine actually believing this comparison fits. Ouch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You have to admit those are funny names. Lock her up! Does anyone really care about these things when we're approaching elections again and America has a second chance to properly vote for Bernie Sanders?
    I don't know, after his endorsement of an anti-semite I doubt people will see him the same, even less so vote for him.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think you are confusing 'offended' with 'disapproval'.

No one is offended by a badly named menu item. I will lose respect for an establishment that plays these games.

People love making themselves look like clowns.
    From the story:

"Critics say the terms are offensive to certain communities and perpetuate hate speech."

"It seems fun, it seems like you can make fun of this and maybe make it lighthearted, but you really can't, you're offending a whole community," Perea said."

Yep, offended.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I feel your tone is mocking, why so angry?
    Because of the glaring hypocrisy and double standards.

- - - Updated - - -

The ones who are easily triggered by such.
    Says the guy who got triggered by a razor commercial.

Conservatives have no right whatsoever to mock other people for being triggered. Conservatives are as much snowflakes as the fantasy Tumblr hard leftist feminazi they pretend about all the time.

Conservatives lost their shit over a dude kneeling during the national anthem, a razor commercial saying "hey, be nice," a cartoon about two male aardvarks getting married, and some of them are still trying to get Harry Potter banned for "promoting witchcraft."

So no, I don't wanna hear conservatives talk about how liberals are always triggered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So what is “the wall”? Small salad?
    An empty plate with some crumbs and a note saying "this is all the budget allowed."
    Putin khuliyo