Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Has leveling become nothing but dungeon cleave runs?

I don't know if it's just my server but it feels like nobody is playing the game normally anymore. I actually don't see that many people questing, but I see everyone constantly spamming LFG looking for warriors, mages and healers for cleave runs.

I know I don't need to participate, but it's honestly ruining my experience that people just don't seem to be able to stop this try-hard bullcrap and just enjoy the game. It's the exact same crap the ruined the community on retail.

Im not doing that dungeon cleave runs, but im more interested how do they ruin community?

40% xp bonus in 5 mans....

It was bugged and doing it with 10 mans

Assuming you're all gonna sit there and grind, doesn't get more efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand it, a big part of Classic's appeal is to enjoy getting to 60 in your own way.

If your way happens to be spamming dungeons like crazy, nothing wrong with that.
    If your way happens to be questing and exploring the world, nothing wrong with that.

Yucking someone else's yum because you don't like it seems problematic here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the "journey" is now the same "journey" as retail, give it a few months and the "community" will be just like retail's "community" as well.

Modern players, vintage game.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Yeah, the "journey" is now the same "journey" as retail, give it a few months and the "community" will be just like retail's "community" as well. Modern players, vintage game.
    why do people who never played p servers talk like they know? lol

go away

this is how the people who brought u classic do things. Laughably ignorant comment

Pro tip - if u didn't paly p servers. You have no idea how the people who wanted classic play teh game. Obviously

Slow leveling's only boon is you can semi afk for it. No1 does these terrible quests for the flavor lol

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I don't know if it's just my server but it feels like nobody is playing the game normally anymore. I actually don't see that many people questing, but I see everyone constantly spamming LFG looking for warriors, mages and healers for cleave runs.

I know I don't need to participate, but it's honestly ruining my experience that people just don't seem to be able to stop this try-hard bullcrap and just enjoy the game. It's the exact same crap the ruined the community on retail.
    "There's too many people questing there's no mobs to kill!!!!" - players week 1
    "Everyone's doing dngs and there's no one questing this sucks!!!" - players week 2

everyone's always crying no one's every happy, wow kids are funny

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post

Yucking someone else's yum because you don't like it seems problematic here.
    No, that only works when the two things aren’t influencing eachother. Like, if I love chocolate icecream and you like vanilla, that’s fine. But if your vanilla craving means there’s not enough milk to make my chocolate ice, so they use water instead, your preference influences mine, negatively. That’s not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, that only works when the two things aren’t influencing eachother. Like, if I love chocolate icecream and you like vanilla, that’s fine. But if your vanilla craving means there’s not enough milk to make my chocolate ice, so they use water instead, your preference influences mine, negatively. That’s not ok.
    yea but you guys never played p servers. You don't get to decide waht we wanted.

You're just retail plebs who fetishize terrible leving. What are you smoking? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    why do people who never played p servers talk like they know? lol

go away

this is how the people who brought u classic do things. Laughably ignorant comment

Pro tip - if u didn't paly p servers. You have no idea how the people who wanted classic play teh game. Obviously

Slow leveling's only boon is you can semi afk for it. No1 does these terrible quests for the flavor lol
    Why does everyone make it seem like private servers are all the same. They are not. I played on a few private servers B4 i joined retail back in TBC and they were all different. Different Rule sets, different items, and different players. Dont act like all private servers are straight vanilla and all Private server players are all of a sudden going to play classic.

Ignore it and do your thing, who cares what other people are doing? Be in control of your own emotions and don't let others dictate how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Why does everyone make it seem like private servers are all the same. They are not. I played on a few private servers B4 i joined retail back in TBC and they were all different. Different Rule sets, different items, and different players. Dont act like all private servers are straight vanilla and all Private server players are all of a sudden going to play classic.
    You found a lot of guys running around loving the kill quests did you on p servers?

hahaha

and people act like theyr'e teh same cuz there were only a handful of popular ones.

And they're all built on the same core. The vanilla ones anyawy. Calling a big BS this is absurd.

If you wanted vanilla for the quests, you have no taste you don't matter.

I must say the speed runners have crippled the classic experience. Dungeons were once about quest xp and loot, now they're just a fast track to 60 for the raid or die attitude.

I'll still play classic but the game is dead in the water.

How does one enjoy questing exactly? at least with dungeons you can stand out, contribute, play with others, be social, kill monsters that do something besides auto attack.

Hell if classic gameplay wasn't slow and boring af dungeon grinding would be super hype.

it always was that, we just didn't know how to play...

what's the point of running around in the barrens if you can get a good 5man group?

it has nothing to do with the patchnotes whether it is 1.0, 1.12 or 9.2 that's it, people change, people learn, people adapt

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Im not doing that dungeon cleave runs, but im more interested how do they ruin community?
    People are having fun doing things that OP doesn't like. That isn't allowed.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Why are people rushing max level anyway? What is there to do after this?

Like... leveling was majority of content for an average folk during vanilla and now people try really hard to skip that. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Why are people rushing max level anyway? What is there to do after this?

Like... leveling was majority of content for an average folk during vanilla and now people try really hard to skip that. What then?
    MC day one, so ur missing lockouts. Also need to build a bank for future raids

and you also have to prep for pvp ranking....So there is a lot to do in vanilla depending on ur plans

Can tell you it's the same on my server. Can't even find a normal group anymore, if you want to join for a sm dungeon, it's 5run minimum or they don't accept you.
    I'm lucky to be a warlock, because hunter and rogue are straight up refused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    yea but you guys never played p servers. You don't get to decide waht we wanted.
    No one cares what you wanted. Or what anyone who pirated software wanted for that matter. Your opinion on pretty much anything is worth less than trash.

Regardless, lots of people are still questing. Just because everyone isn't clumped up doing the exact same quest and have instead been able to get ahead/behind the curve as well as spreading out around the game world, that doesn't mean everyone's locked in a dungeon doing the more boring shit one can imagine in an MMO -- mindlessly grinding.