Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    In classic it's possible to get broke by learning new spells
    Tell me about it man haha yesterday I had 12g then went to the class trainer boom only 1g remained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy the game.
    The man in the mirror is watching. Study hard and work harder! Always be civil and care about others!

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Did you even bother reading my topic and how I specifically said this is not about one game is more superior than the other? Yup I guess you didn't "again with another brain damage can't read person".
    I didn´t mention any other game. Guess it´s you who needs reading lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Except you could easily kite and kill a warrior if you were 110 and he was 120. Nice try though

It's not like your friend is a great player because he can kill a warrior higher than his level, the warrior simply just doesn't have any abilties to retaliate
    pretty sure you couldnt.

warriors have like 4 times the mobility on live.

and the hp difference between a level 110 and a level 120 is like quadruple at least.

whereas on classic they have like an extra 500-700 life maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I didn´t mention any other game. Guess it´s you who needs reading lessons.
    I didn't mention any superiorty toward one game toward the others all I said in the topic a question about stuff that used to happen in Classic no longer possible in retail and wanted to share my experience with you folks and everyone else sharing his/her experience and instead what I got from some of you? calling me a liar and bullshiting me and downplay my friend capabilities so yeah I guess some of you either very young and have a brain of an ant or mentally damaged or trolling me to derail the topic no further explanation for such behavior really.

One person creates a thread that were supposed to be a bit of fun. Thread derails into a decent shitshow. Oh mmochampion!

Id say the feeling of accomplishing something in classic is not possible in retail, when leveling. In retail most stuff just fall over quickly. Does not happen if you try the more challenging quests(red/elite or both). team up with friends or others in zone and complete it feels good.

Classic pvp is much easier to follow, while in retail its often a complete clusterfuck on whats going on.

And oh yea - getting hyped when a awesome two handed sword drops, you run into the dangerous world with it only to realise your sword skill is 1. then you die. lol

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It would be interesting, if 40 level warrior would kill 55 level mage.
    Would be more likely than this made up scenario of a lvl 40 mage killing a 55 warrior tbh.

Thing is there's no way a caster can kill a mob 15 levels higher than it, if op (and half the posters here) understood how resistance worked there wouldn't be a need to even consider this.

In reality a lvl 40 mage casting a spell on a 55 warrior will resist most of the time, even if by some miracle they don't resist then comes partial resistance which lower the damage a spell can do based on how big the level difference is, at most the spells that the mage lands will tickle the warrior. Soon enough he'd be oom loooooooooong before the warrior is even close to half hp.

Not to mention you can't kite if you don't slow, if your novas don't land you're a dead mage. Most likely either the mage lied to his buddy and he believed him, or the warrior was afk and the mage + some random passerbys attacked the poor afk warrior for like 10 mins straight to kill him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    Wow everyone jumped down your throat for what was a completely rational example of what you meant in this thread.

In retail what you described is not possible unless the warrior is afk it retarded...

Anyone disagree with you is just hating on classic really amazing how the hyenas are just waiting is this subforum to hate on anything.

I mean wouldn’t a level 55 warrior resist like every other cast from a lvl 40 mage? I am a little curious how he was a aware of the lvl 55 though doesn’t that qualify as ‘??’
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    One person creates a thread that were supposed to be a bit of fun. Thread derails into a decent shitshow. Oh mmochampion!

Id say the feeling of accomplishing something in classic is not possible in retail, when leveling. In retail most stuff just fall over quickly. Does not happen if you try the more challenging quests(red/elite or both). team up with friends or others in zone and complete it feels good.

Classic pvp is much easier to follow, while in retail its often a complete clusterfuck on whats going on.

And oh yea - getting hyped when a awesome two handed sword drops, you run into the dangerous world with it only to realise your sword skill is 1. then you die. lol
    Yeah man I remember the first time in Classic when I got the Whirlwind Axe after finishing that long chain quest back in the days for the first time damn it was an epic feeling and to make things even better that damn axe carries you over 5 to 10 levels beyond that is how powerful it was haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Would be more likely than this made up scenario of a lvl 40 mage killing a 55 warrior tbh.

Thing is there's no way a caster can kill a mob 15 levels higher than it, if op (and half the posters here) understood how resistance worked there wouldn't be a need to even consider this.

In reality a lvl 40 mage casting a spell on a 55 warrior will resist most of the time, even if by some miracle they don't resist then comes partial resistance which lower the damage a spell can do based on how big the level difference is, at most the spells that the mage lands will tickle the warrior. Soon enough he'd be oom loooooooooong before the warrior is even close to half hp.

Not to mention you can't kite if you don't slow, if your novas don't land you're a dead mage. Most likely either the mage lied to his buddy and he believed him, or the warrior was afk and the mage + some random passerbys attacked the poor afk warrior for like 10 mins straight to kill him.
    Oh I do understand how resistance work and how hit rating works but yeah go on call me a liar you too as well another brain damage who love to jump to conclusion I am not surprised anymore who else wanna jump at me guys? come. The mage lied to me? I guess you missed the part where I said I witnessed the second fight eh? yup brain damag person who can't read confirmed indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Wow everyone jumped down your throat for what was a completely rational example of what you meant in this thread.

In retail what you described is not possible unless the warrior is afk it retarded...

Anyone disagree with you is just hating on classic really amazing how the hyenas are just waiting is this subforum to hate on anything.

I mean wouldn’t a level 55 warrior resist like every other cast from a lvl 40 mage? I am a little curious how he was a aware of the lvl 55 though doesn’t that qualify as ‘??’
    Yup it was ?? for him but for me it was 55 since I am higher level and we were together in a group but I was far away from him and couldnt' rescue him the first time he died from the warrior but yeah I can confirm he was lvl 55 since I am 53 myself and my friend mage is 40

Just wanted to chime in - yes, when mobs are higher level then you get severe penalties to chance to hit and a lot of resists. But this mechanic does not apply to pvp. The level difference when attacking players does not matter for spells, only the resistance gear. So as level 10 you can attack level 60 player and most of your spells will be hitting without problems.

edit: just think about it - if player higher by 5 or more levels resisted all your spells, like mobs do, then what sense would 10-levels-wide (where you have level x1 players fighting with x9) brackets in battlegrounds make?

This is inaccurate
    Last edited by procne; 2019-09-07 at 08:21 AM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    pretty sure you couldnt.

warriors have like 4 times the mobility on live.

and the hp difference between a level 110 and a level 120 is like quadruple at least.

whereas on classic they have like an extra 500-700 life maybe
    Except you could.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It would be interesting, if 40 level warrior would kill 55 level mage.
    That's incredibly easy to do in classic, just wait until the mage is finished killing a mob and then he'll be oom / completely defenseless.

Oh I do understand how resistance work and how hit rating works but yeah go on call me a liar you too as well another brain damage who love to jump to conclusion I am not surprised anymore who else wanna jump at me guys? come.
    Thing is, I'm not arguing with your point, I'm enjoying classic too. But this story you gave to prove that point doesn't fit properly, now you might believe that story probably because you're missing some fact but I can assure you , any caster in classic knows the struggles of even killing a mob 3-4 lvls higher with all the resists that happen, 15 levels is just not possible, I'm not saying it is possible but i dont believe it, it's NOT possible mathematically speaking.

https://classic-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Spell_Hit_Chance .

Pvp hit chance drops off by 7% for each level above the 3rd, so when fighting a level 43 they have a 87% chance of landing a spell, 44 has an 80% of landing a spell, 44 has 73%... 55 has a 3% chance of landing.... your mage friend will resist 97% of his spells and I'm not even talking about the partial resistance calculations which mitigate the spells that actually land, at best your mage friend will empty his entire mana into resists and that 1 spell that does land will hit the warrior for like 20.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

@procne

where the hell are you getting that info from ? the united ignorant's society ?
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-09-07 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, I'm not arguing with your point, I'm enjoying classic too. But this story you gave to prove that point doesn't fit properly, now you might believe that story probably because you're missing some fact but I can assure you , any caster in classic knows the struggles of even killing a mob 3-4 lvls higher with all the resists that happen, 15 levels is just not possible, I'm not saying it is possible but i dont believe it, it's NOT possible mathematically speaking.

https://classic-wow.fandom.com/wiki/Spell_Hit_Chance .

Pvp hit chance drops off by 7% for each level above the 3rd, so when fighting a level 43 they have a 87% chance of landing a spell, 44 has an 80% of landing a spell, 44 has 73%... 55 has a 3% chance of landing.... your mage friend will resist 97% of his spells and I'm not even talking about the partial resistance calculations which mitigate the spells that actually land, at best your mage friend will empty his entire mana into resists and that 1 spell that does land will hit the warrior for like 20.

The more you know...

- - - Updated - - -

@procne

Listen man I know all about the reiestance and hit rating and spell hiting that more higher lvl your enemy the harder you hit them but the fight happened front of my eyes (taking about the second fight when the mage won after kiting like hell) but yeah now I regret that I didn't record videos about it I usually do record but yeah. And did I ever say the fight was short? I never said anything about short I said the mage kited him like hell that phrase alone can give you the idea how long it went really or do I need to explain word to word again?

No, my own memories, but now I read that blizzard changed it sometime during Vanilla to 7% chance to miss per level difference.
    Still, the penalty is not as severe as for mobs.

Sorry for misinformation
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Listen man I know all about the reiestance and hit rating and spell hiting that more higher lvl your enemy the harder you hit them but the fight happened front of my eyes (taking about the second fight when the mage won after kiting like hell) but yeah now I regret that I didn't record videos about it I usually do record but yeah.
    Earlier you said you didn't make it in time, now you are saying you saw it with your own eyes. Lies stacking too high you can't remember your original story anymore ? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier you said you didn't make it in time, now you are saying you saw it with your own eyes. Lies stacking too high you can't remember your original story anymore ? ^^
    it is you who are either high or blind man read the topic again.

I said it was two fights the first one he got ambushed by the warrior and got killed (which was the one I didn't make it in time until too late)

the fucking second game I was there the entire time! cant you fucking read for fuck sake?

Holy shit now it is confirmed I am either arguing with brain dead or really kids who are between 6 or 10 years old really.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sense of exploration and wonder.

Typical classic "fan" - completely obsessed with retail in every way. This could have been an ok thread talking about cool pvp moments in classic. But instead it had to be forced into a game vs game thread. Op is attacking everone who is pointing out the obvious issues with this made up story, and generally just being abusive towards everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Classic or Vanilla worked as class/counter class concept.

Pitch the same mage against a warlock with a felpup he will get owned non stop. No DR on fear + constant spell lock = dead mage. Put that lock against a rogue = dead lock etc.

Your friend did nothing spectacular. He just kited and killed a class he is a hard counter for.
    Fear had a DR in Vanilla. Everything had a DR in Vanilla. I don’t get where these things keep coming from.