View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I can't think of an argument for why a rogue should roll Need.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain why.
    Because the group can't open the chest without the rogue. Its the same thing as a mining node being a miner's property, you don't ask miners to roll for the ores they get inside a dungeon right?

Lockboxes are portable, everyone rolls greed and whomever wins can get a rogue to open them (do tip them, its nice), either in the instance or outside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any form of chest or lockbox should be rolled for. As a rogue myself, ill always unlock locked chests to the winner and if someone gets a lockbox, provided I can open it, ill open it for them. Thats the perk they get for bringing me. Just like how bringing a class with a buff can buff us as their perk, or hand out free food and water.

I did see one rogue need on a lockbox and said he needed so he could level it up. Noone bought his shit and called him out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    sure, I'm rolling then on all herbs, minerals, skins and enchanting shards acquired by the group
    So the expectation is for other classes to provide their perks to the group but Rogues don't have to share literally the one extra thing that they can possibly bring to the group?

sure, I'm rolling then on all herbs, minerals, skins and enchanting shards acquired by the group

i dont care, if you want warrior over rogue for dps thats fine with me, its your party your rules, i had no problems getting into groups tho
    I dont mind having rogues in my grp, because on my realm they are mature enough to share So Im also quite fine with that thanks sir.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No, everyone rolls for it.

Lockboxes and locked chests are not the Rogue's property, unlocking them is a service they provide to the group, like a Mage giving out water/food or portals after the instance is over (which costs the mage 40s so be grateful when they do it).
    Wrong. Locked chests either belong to the rogue or to an engineer whom can open them, same thing as mining nodes or herbs, they belong to whomever can open them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Because the group can't open the chest without the rogue. Its the same thing as a mining node being a miner's property, you don't ask miners to roll for the ores they get inside a dungeon right?
    Yes actually, i've had two miners roll for the nodes. Skinning on the other hand always seems to be a ffa.

Wrong. Locked chests either belong to the rogue or to an engineer whom can open them, same thing as mining nodes or herbs, they belong to whomever can open them.
    So a blacksmith isnt allowed with his skeleton key? Fail logic bro.

¤Note for myself¤ Dont give out free water and food, remember they have to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    Yes actually, i've had two miners roll for the nodes. Skinning on the other hand always seems to be a ffa.
    Because skins are less valuable.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    But the rogue is entitled to my healing? The Mage's food? The Warlock's summon? The Paladin's Buff? Rogues bring NOTHING of utility to a raid except lock picking. The least they can do is provide something of value.
    Rogues bring damage and CC.

Clearly you dislike rogues and feel that their lockpicking skill is really the group's lockpicking skill, its not, it's theirs.

PS: I am not and never was a rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    they belong to whomever can open them.
    whomever

Fail at reading comprehension, "bro"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeywikey View Post
    Miners roll between themselves. If you have two rogues they also need to roll between themselves.

My point, which you certainly understood but are trying to throw a curve ball, is that non miners don't roll for mining nodes, just treat the locked chest as a resource node, because its just what it is.

Should enchanters roll need on items that no one needs and keep the shards/crystals and not distribute them at the end based on rolls?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

7+ Year Old Account

¤Note for myself¤ Dont give out free water and food, remember they have to pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because skins are less valuable.
    and yet it makes the most money, at least while leveling

Eh. If the rogue treats it as his, just kick him from the group. He isn't entitled to the shared xp of the dungeon.

Clearly you dislike rogues and feel that their lockpicking skill is really the group's lockpicking skill, its not, it's theirs.

when you come into group all your skills and abilities are party skills

simple

Mages bring damage and CC. They also bring a buff, consumables and portals. Bringing a Mage along lets the group have access to these fun perks.

Rogues have exactly one fun perk. They should share it with the rest of the group too.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I cant carry a skeleton key to the dungeon?
    Yes. Why shouldn't you? What do you mean?

EDIT: Oh I get it, you were talking about the locked chests there. Fair enough.

Player reputation in Classic WoW matters. The people you group with are all on your server. If you want to earn a reputation as the rogue that thinks all locked chests belong to him...don't be surprised when your LFG calls go unanswered.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too many entitled teenagers playing classic. All locked chest have always been rolled on for the 10 years I've played wow, and not once did a rogue ever claim that it should be theres alone. Why is this a question all of a sudden? Rogues are supposed to feel good that they can help the group and unlock things.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    So the expectation is for other classes to provide their perks to the group but Rogues don't have to share literally the one extra thing that they can possibly bring to the group?
    if i have to share my perk then you have to share yours

just ask finear what is his server and name, so we could avoid him

if i have to share my perk then you have to share yours
    Yes. This is why Mages share food/water and offer portals, Warlocks hand out health stones, those that can buff offer buffs, etc... These classes have perks that they can share other than just role related stuff. The perk that Rogues bring the group is the ability to open locked things.

Everyone should roll, atleast thats how we used to do it.

Same as if a blue BoP drops and no one needs it - if you have an enchanter the enchanter de's it and everyone rolls for the shard.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate