Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mages are gonna take FOREVER to get raid geared the way things are going. So many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i bet you were one of those "nochanges" people

when other told you that classes should be retuned youcried "nochanges"

well enjoy fruits of your hard work aka 3/4 of specs being unplayable
    I bet he was one of those people who never played classic. Cause if he actually did it, he wouldnt create this useless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    You sound like the guys who complain on retail because your ilvl isn't high enough to instantly get you into the LFG pugs.
    Form your own group and that way you can't be left out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more how the retail mind works.

On private servers, I never saw this demand for Mages in 5 mans. Classic WoW is filled with groups looking for Mages for aoe farm.

I'm playing a Mage, and the amount of whispers I get asking me to aoe farm a dungeon is actually annoying.

Jokerd did not invent anything, it's been normal for a Mage to play this way, since vanilla.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFG is full of "LF 3 mages ZF farm" and no one wants "normal" dps anymore, not really vanilla experience if you ask me since aoe wasn't thing back then.
    The only thing you managed to do here is confirm that you never played vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The only thing you managed to do here is confirm that you never played vanilla.
    Many people forming aoe groups to level in and farm dungeons in vanilla was not common at all. Not even on private servers (probably mainly because questing was better exp than dungeons, but it was discovered that dungeon farming was optimal in the beta, which no one expected).

Was it common for groups to ask for Mages in groups? Yes it was, mainly for sheep, and in ZF, a Mage certainly helps for the stairs event.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-11 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    He was just the most effective player that had a brother to lvl for him when sleeping.
    Why spread this garbage, it's not true.

LUL at everyone who say it was like that back then

did you really see 4 mages + priest farming cathedral?

aoe farmig 60k+xp/hour be good was never a thing before twitch bois plague

it's actually hard for "non meta" classes to find a group and you are retarded if you try to argue with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I watched his stream, he said, my bother is asking when he can play again.

Maybe he was trolling, I don't know, the fact is, he clearly stated the above.

Mage has not only the best AoE, but best CC as well (polymorph aka sheep) in vanilla. I don't blame people though. In MMOs, when everybody is just single-target attacking mobs things go much slower than when AoE'ing.

Do you have any evidence for that? I haven't seen any for either side of the case so far. Just some dodgy behavior where he would be mute for a while, then have a random DC and suddenly be all mr. chatty with his viewers. But that is hardly any proof for anything, as anyone can grow tired and not wanting to chat with their viewers. Or he could have someone play for him.

Most likely, we'll never know. All we do know, is that he have done this several times on pservers, holding records for /played leveling speed. And anyone can stay up a couple of nights if they want to push them selfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

This is 15years old.

The only thing "new" jokerD did was layerhopping. Wich wasnt possible in vanilla because there were no layers.

There are quite a bunch of amazing videos of vanilla on youtube.. Mages farming zul'gurub (20-man raid) solo. Pulling 20+crocodiles at the time and aoeing down.

I almost hope blizz removes drop from these in classic because this time around rather than one out a 100 mages doing it you will probobly see close to half of them doing it. It will flood the market with rep items and make repfarm with zandalari a joke.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The only gripe I have with AoE leveling is that some mages seem to think they have a monopoly on the "AoE farm places" in the open world. People should play the way they want, and make groups the way they want, but when people demand that I leave an area because my questing interferes with their efficiency they can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I watched his stream, he said, my bother is asking when he can play again.

Maybe he was trolling, I don't know, the fact is, he clearly stated the above.
    He was trolling, which he said after. He's on discord with his mates trolling idiots who thought he was account sharing.

This is long debunked.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was trolling, which he said after. He's on discord with his mates trolling idiots who thought he was account sharing.

This is long debunked.
    Easy to say you're trolling.

Hardly debunked.

Does it matter? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Do you have any evidence for that? I haven't seen any for either side of the case so far. Just some dodgy behavior where he would be mute for a while, then have a random DC and suddenly be all mr. chatty with his viewers. But that is hardly any proof for anything, as anyone can grow tired and not wanting to chat with their viewers. Or he could have someone play for him.

Most likely, we'll never know. All we do know, is that he have done this several times on pservers, holding records for /played leveling speed. And anyone can stay up a couple of nights if they want to push them selfs.
    He would talk consistently enough, and took 2 solid sleep breaks which is all anyone would need. As well as the fact he did this many times on private servers practicing. Muting isn't dodgy, expecting someone to talk for 24hrs straight is insane.

But at the end of the day, all things point to the fact he didn't account share and just did it legitimately. There is no reason to assume he did it illegitimately, all that does is take from his achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Easy to say you're trolling.

Hardly debunked.

Does it matter? No.
    What? Go ask him. He literally said it on stream many times. One of the casters on the method stream also saw this, and said on method stream that Jokerd was account sharing. Later that night the caster was messaged and told it was a joke, so he did a public apology for being stupid enough to fall for Jokerd's troll, on the method stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Go ask him. He literally said it on stream many times. One of the casters on the method stream also saw this, and said on method stream that Jokerd was account sharing. Later that night the caster was messaged and told it was a joke, so he did a public apology for being stupid enough to fall for Jokerd's troll, on the method stream.
    Easy to say that.

I could level to 60 with my brother, say my brother helped me, then say I was trolling. You've debunked nothing, only a 24/7 cam stream would.

But does it matter? No it doesn't.

Same as with every other of these threads. Start your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Having played on countless private servers in the last several years, I can tell you that the number of bad mages trying to AoE farm is at least 10 times higher now. Sometimes I just look at them failing 2 out of 3 pulls, which are small pulls anyway. Such a fucking waste of time lol
    oh my god someone forbid them to actually learn how to do it... must be a perfect 10/10 kite aoe rota from the very first round

what the hell is wrong with this shit generation

This is just another battle of who is more hardcore classic player. On one side is the OP who claims the game is not actually like it should be and classic is sh!t, and then you have all the true vanilla players who were there and claim that everyone aoe farmed dungeons back then, based on their superior knowledge about the game.

Either way, there are still groups doing dungeons normally and you can get into those as long as you're looking. Remember to join the LFG channel, it's visible everywhere, not just in cities, so that helps find groups.