Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Why do you need to hate retail to like classic or vice versa? Everytime i see people choosing one of the games, even tho it's the same game and the comparisons are annoying and full of hatred for retail or basically you have to hate classic because you want to play retail and everyone leaves retail to go play classic. Why can't we just agree to enjoy both but that retail ain't only fun enough this xpac and all and it's just decaying but retail has so many good stuff too and i will repeat IT'S STILL world of warcraft. With more 15 years in it, where lore was add and times change and evolution is part of it.

You can like both, no need to hate one or another. You can also love both and just wish they had some similarities. I would prefer old systems incorporated on a new lore (retail) without experience the same vanilla dungeons and raids once again. But you can still love the old dungeons and raids too.

Just do a bit of thinking, this game wasn't just good at vanilla era, and we all know it. Wotlk is even the most mentioned, cause it was actually in that era that subscribers got higher than ever. So don't make it seem like vanilla was the best of bests and retail suck, cause lore is actually amazing.
    I played during original WoW. I’m so excited for all of the people that are playing, trying to play, and who will continue to play the new Classic WoW.

But…I’ll never go back. I don’t have the time, my life has changed and I’m content with doing my own thing in retail. I wish everyone in Classic the best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DSmithz View Post
    I played during original WoW. I’m so excited for all of the people that are playing, trying to play, and who will continue to play the new Classic WoW.

But…I’ll never go back. I don’t have the time, my life has changed and I’m content with doing my own thing in retail. I wish everyone in Classic the best of luck!
    It's good to see people happy with classic. Many people had memories on it. So it's good to see that. And I'm like you. In fact I'm at lunch at work atm and I barely have time to play so I like retail better as well because of that. I'm not the best player there is. But I'm not looking to be either. I have my fun (I also enjoy alot trying to get mounts xD)

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Dude got emotional after an entire day of shitty human beings being shitty. Not defending the guy, but come on.

Honestly, I thought this was a shitty Photoshop the first time I saw it. Surprisingly, it wasn’t. Regardless, you still provided zero context. (Wilson was responding to an ex-Blizzard dev blasting his entire team’s project while smugly pretending like he was the whole reason it existed.) And, you know, you kind of left out the part where Wilson later apologized, but I mean why would you when you’re trying to make a compelling “devs are just power hungry assholes who hate their players” argument?
    Speaking of providing zero context, do you think when Blizzard devs snarked "Don't you all have phones?" last Blizzcon, that was ALSO aimed at ex-devs? Or are you lumping your statement in with everything I posted?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Because people like to shit on something to make the other thing look better. Tribalism. Low self esteem. Mental issues. You name it. I read the first reply of your post and there it is..... Sad, but these are gamers. Dota vs LoL bs, CoD vs BF and bla bla bla. It's in human nature. It's effect can be reduced greatly by intellect and self analysis tho. There are tons of people who are not negative about stuff which they don't enjoy. On these forums too! Retail forums, Reddit. Also it has been proven, that negative effects us more than positive and we are better are remembering it. Also human nature, better survival instincts, because not remembering that snakes are bad can kill you, remembering that apples are sweet won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I hated retail long before classic came out. Retail is a shallow game devoid of any heart or soul. Its not a MMO , its a single player action game and a poor one at that. Classic is a MMORPG , Retail has stripped away all the RPG elements

- - - Updated - - -

Or...Retail is just that terrible
    it has not stripped it away. Watered down? yes. All of it ? No. At least don't inflate your arguments using wrong words. Just makes whole argument, which might make some sense, to be without any actual value.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Because people like to shit on something to make the other thing look better. Tribalism. Low self esteem. Mental issues. You name it. I read the first reply of your post and there it is..... Sad, but these are gamers. Dota vs LoL bs, CoD vs BF and bla bla bla. It's in human nature. It's effect can be reduced greatly by intellect and self analysis tho. There are tons of people who are not negative about stuff which they don't enjoy. On these forums too! Retail forums, Reddit. Also it has been proven, that negative effects us more than positive and we are better are remembering it. Also human nature, better survival instincts, because not remembering that snakes are bad can kill you, remembering that apples are sweet won't.
    Dota and LoL have very little to none comparison, they are so different it hurts lol It's same style but the games are on a far distance to each other.

I'm maybe too positive for this world. I don't like to think negative as i don't appreciate it. I like a little chaos sometimes, but everyday is probably too much.

Dota and LoL have very little to none comparison, they are so different it hurts lol It's same style but the games are on a far distance to each other.

I'm maybe too positive for this world. I don't like to think negative as i don't appreciate it. I like a little chaos sometimes, but everyday is probably too much.
    mate, if you have not seen dota vs lol you have not been around too much

mate, if you have not seen dota vs lol you have not been around too much
    Maybe you're right tho lol i have not been much around for those games but for what i remember first dota ain't really like LoL in alot of aspects, unless it changed. If it changed then i'm really not much around lately

Maybe you're right tho lol i have not been much around for those games but for what i remember first dota ain't really like LoL in alot of aspects, unless it changed. If it changed then i'm really not much around lately
    it's same like classic vs retail just worse

it's same like classic vs retail just worse
    I played dota such a long time ago, it's crazy how i even stopped playing other games, i used to play everything that was playable back then in my 14's up to 20, i'm now 30 years old now. Time flies. I actually tried LoL when it came out and i felt a bit bored so i didn't play anymore. There's this time i even went to real-life events and stopped playing even wow for 2 years or so. actually more, between pandaria-wod i didn't play it. I'm still a bit sad i didn't get to play pandaria. I just wanted to be traveling all the time, man what a great feeling going waterfalls xD and then seeing them on wow and remembering the beautiful places. Ah, the world has some nice places.

It's good to see people happy with classic. Many people had memories on it. So it's good to see that. And I'm like you. In fact I'm at lunch at work atm and I barely have time to play so I like retail better as well because of that. I'm not the best player there is. But I'm not looking to be either. I have my fun (I also enjoy alot trying to get mounts xD)
    It is always good to see someone with similar character and yes great memories indeed!