Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm skipping the spectres for this exact reason, the damage is already over the top and managing specters is a pain in the ass. I'd rather manually spam SRS.
    My Specters are Host and CArnage Chieftains so I can get a constant supply of Endurance and Power charges. I did at one time use the Slave Driver and man is it FAST moving and fast casting. but I have little ot no spell damage in my build now so I dont get much out of them.

I have been trying to think of something I can make use of to replace the specters for defensive thought. I was thinking CoDT> Steelskin but that is the only defensive I know of I am more a urn n churn player so I never did think bout defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    It's 40% of max HP per second as fire damage, so depending on your minions' fire resistance or such, they can last a lot longer.

With enough resists + damage reduction and life regen I'm sure you can have permanent minions like zombies/spectres with Infernal Legion that regen more life than they lose, which is something I'd like to go for with my current build. But as I'm not running Vitality, I think I need to get a Skullhead for its 2% minion regen (I currently have Wraithlord with its 1% regen and it's not quite enough; they can last for a minute or two though). I should probably just trade for Skullhead, they're incredibly cheap..
    Yeah, that was my idea - to see if i can get them sustainable enough to keep them up basically indefinitely. Just leveling now, have yet to inish act 2 but im planning stuff ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    My Specters are Host and CArnage Chieftains so I can get a constant supply of Endurance and Power charges. I did at one time use the Slave Driver and man is it FAST moving and fast casting. but I have little ot no spell damage in my build now so I dont get much out of them.

I have been trying to think of something I can make use of to replace the specters for defensive thought. I was thinking CoDT> Steelskin but that is the only defensive I know of I am more a urn n churn player so I never did think bout defense.
    Are they really manadatory? If yes then im gonna hunt them. If "not really", then i'm focusing on my skeletor army. EDIT: i was planning to get the carrion golem aswell with the node that lets me summon two of them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

EDIT: aoe from infernal legion doesn't stack so while more minions cover more things, it's not actually needed to have too many of them. Anyway they last 2 seconds top so you're gonna replace them continously anyway (it's 40%hp/sec on the minions affected by IL).
    My Skellies have an uptime of 8 to 11 seconds. Infernal Legion has a Quality of reducing Fire Damage taken by 1% per quality. So the more Resistance on the gem the more the Skellies survive. And on the Skill Tree some of the Minion Life Passives have ele resist too.

The Indomitable Army node area has a +10% and +15% to Ele Resistances. Grave intentions give +8 to Chaos and +8 to Ele resistance twice and Sacrifice gives another 10%

So they get 66% Ele resistance with 16% Chaos and all my Minion Life nodes gives 149% Increased Life and that is not counting regen(does not matter really) All this gives them the up time of about 10 seconds.

It is so quick to pop them again and I do it about every 5 seconds so they are constantly up unless I m in the middle of a big zerg push of a map.

Combustion supports Infernal Legion I am pretty sure so that extra fire damge from combustion gets added to Infernal which gives a bigger fire damage output.

Here is my skill tree to see all teh life nodes I grabbed. On my Tabula I added a Minion Life node to give that extra bit of uptime but I switched out to a Rare 5link for more Shield and Life.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2019-09-13 at 03:05 PM.

Fuck it, found some hilarious looking semi-selfcast volatile dead build...kinda want to invest a bit into it to see how it works. It's garbage with level 1 gems right now, but hot-damn was it funny to just watch that shit spam cast and all the little orbs murder everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck it, found some hilarious looking semi-selfcast volatile dead build...kinda want to invest a bit into it to see how it works. It's garbage with level 1 gems right now, but hot-damn was it funny to just watch that shit spam cast and all the little orbs murder everything.
    When I first started playing back at the start of Synthesis League Volatile Dead was my FAVE skill. I took it into Delving and just watching 15 or so Orbs barreling down on trash with my zombies in their wake was sooo much fun. I have seen quite a few Desecrate/Unearth> Volitile dead builds where there is about 30 or so orbs that wreck the screen. I never bothers with it because of the leveling up time it takes to get them lol.

Yeah, that was my idea - to see if i can get them sustainable enough to keep them up basically indefinitely. Just leveling now, have yet to inish act 2 but im planning stuff ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Are they really manadatory? If yes then im gonna hunt them. If "not really", then i'm focusing on my skeletor army. EDIT: i was planning to get the carrion golem aswell with the node that lets me summon two of them.
    Note I heard that Carrion golem's aura doesn't stack. Donno how much truth there is to that and hard to test but just something to keep in mind.

What does your spell damage matter?
    Minions don't scale with your spell damage regardless.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Note I heard that Carrion golem's aura doesn't stack. Donno how much truth there is to that and hard to test but just something to keep in mind.
    I dont think they do either. So I went Carrion and Ice. I do 2 Carrion on the Blight nodes because that spike aoe is KRAZY wide. and it is like every 3 seconds. I may switch to fire or Chaos just not sure which one yet. I may just spec out of the second golem entierly but that is a huge minion damage loss from that node.
    What does your spell damage matter?
    Minions don't scale with your spell damage regardless.
    EXACTLY why I have so little of it. The Slave Driver specter is a Lightning Damage minion and can benefit from Lightning Gems. But since my specters are Frenzy Damage and something else, I have little use for them. So I stacked Chieftians instead.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2019-09-13 at 04:44 PM.

I dont think they do either. So I went Carrion and Ice. I do 2 Carrion on the Blight nodes because that spike aoe is KRAZY wide. and it is like every 3 seconds. I may switch to fire or Chaos just not sure which one yet. I may just spec out of the second golem entierly but that is a huge minion damage loss from that node.

EXACTLY why I have so little of it. The Slave Driver specter is a Lightning Damage minion and can benefit from Lightning Gems. But since my specters are Frenzy Damage and something else, I have little use for them. So I stacked Chieftians instead.
    Feeding Frenzy, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction.

Sorry, I really don't understand what your on about.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2019-09-13 at 05:22 PM.

Question on Resistance. I know the cap is at 75% but does it really matter if you go over? I try not to but wondering if there is a benefit in stacking a bit more.

Question on Resistance. I know the cap is at 75% but does it really matter if you go over? I try not to but wondering if there is a benefit in stacking a bit more.
    You mean increasing the cap? If so, yes...but not if you have to invest a ton in it. It's still more resistance which means less damage. Being way over cap is usually not great since that's a lot of wasted stat points, but it can still provide some benefits when you have resist debuffs.

Going over the cap in theory does nothing, in practice there is the 'Elemental Weakness' map modifier which lowers your resists and can push you back under the cap.

Going over the cap in theory does nothing, in practice there is the 'Elemental Weakness' map modifier which lowers your resists and can push you back under the cap.
    Thats where extra resists come into play. Either you overcap on resists (around 100ish) or you play with an anti-curse flask (which you should be doing anyways) since the Map Modifier is a curse.

There are only a small amount of builds that use certain mechanics to become immune to self-igniting for example (Chieftain is a prime example for fire based builds with 100% fire conversion and resistance).
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Yeah i assume it doesn't stack but Carrion+Minion Damage+Feeding Frenzy x2 is insane. The golem itself does a lot of damage and having another pet to make the buff stronger is still good. Anyway i can just put another golem in a 4link and go with that. Probably Flame instead of Ice.

EDIT: i never ever played meta. Now i understand why everyone plays meta. Start of act 6 to shavronne kill in less than 10 minutes. It's insane. I think i'm gonna roll this build for every single league until huge nerfs that break it because it's super safe, extremely powerful and gearing is literally a non-issue. Perfect league starter/farmer.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-09-16 at 07:24 AM.

EDIT: i never ever played meta. Now i understand why everyone plays meta.
    Yep, and I wonder how somehow nobody believed me when I'm saying there's a massively noticable power gap between "top builds of the season" and off-builds. You'll notice it the most during levelling and gearing up because most off-builds can be fixed and viable after enough correct gear was obtained. Meanwhile "meta" builds don't need that and just steamroll everything with little investment.

Before this season necromancers were forced to lvl up with either SRS or some caster builds because low level minions were few and weak. Now they're beasts.

P.S. If you wanna try another strong build of the season, Saboteurs man. Mines are deleting everything. I don't know why so few people play them in comparison to Necros. I expected more even split when the rework of both was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, and I wonder how somehow nobody believed me when I'm saying there's a massively noticable power gap between "top builds of the season" and off-builds. You'll notice it the most during levelling and gearing up because most off-builds can be fixed and viable after enough correct gear was obtained. Meanwhile "meta" builds don't need that and just steamroll everything with little investment.

Before this season necromancers were forced to lvl up with either SRS or some caster builds because low level minions were few and weak. Now they're beasts.

P.S. If you wanna try another strong build of the season, Saboteurs man. Mines are deleting everything. I don't know why so few people play them in comparison to Necros. I expected more even split when the rework of both was announced.
    Mostly because mine play takes some getting used to and not a lot of people dig it. If they made mines into grenades you’d see more people play them.

I however am ducking loving it. Icicles for map clear and pyro for boss deletion on weapon swap. It’s gross.

I'm playing a Vortex Trapper. I tested it a little last season, now i'm using it when i play with a friend every once in a while. I rolled the necro as alt and i was "what the hell is happening".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm skipping the spectres for this exact reason, the damage is already over the top and managing specters is a pain in the ass. I'd rather manually spam SRS.

As for damage scaling, i checked and minion damage works, but it's just it. Until it's specifically tied to minions, all other damage nodes have zero effect. Which also means it's cheap as hell to build on. Just a couple of minion damage essence weapons and you're already fine.
    I use 2 Host and 2 Carnage Chieftains and they are easy to manage. They don't really die. If for some odd reason you lose them, you can just resummon them with Desecrate. Managing Specters really isn't a big deal anymore.

Gameplay is really boring though, which is odd, as I used to be a massive fan of Necros in Diablo 2 but something just doesn't click with me in PoE. I'm actually contemplating on going ED Trickster again instead.

Personally I played Minions since I started the game and I have never had a problem with the zombies after I would say act 3. That is enough lvling to get them the + minion damage where they just plow through everything but bosses. I played minion allthrough Synth league this way. Though I did have SRS they were more point men than my bread and butter builds.

And I am noticing a hella hard time with my Brand Heiro this league. I cant even clear the Blobs now in act 5 and up. The mobs have a huge health pool that my brands just cannot soak through. Totems are no better either, at least for now. I would get some decent gear but no currency since I used it all on the Necro beast lol.

I have been looking at some of the melee people and they are not fairing all that well either. This league is definately about side damage of supports and not melee or magic. I am sticking it out with my Brand Heiro though because I love a challenge. I am trying to get to endgame and see if after getting some better gear I will be able to do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Gameplay is really boring though, which is odd, as I used to be a massive fan of Necros in Diablo 2 but something just doesn't click with me in PoE. I'm actually contemplating on going ED Trickster again instead.
    This time around I can agree with this. Minions just rush everything both on and off the map that I spend my time chasing after them than anything else. That is why I put her on a timeout lol. I want to ry some other builds and just use her as a farming tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    My minion build is my first SSF character ever. I am currently running MI Infernal Legion Skeletons, with Zombies and Carrion Doge. Holy hell its easy. I am making it my goal to kill shaper in SSF for the first time this league and i think it will be limited only on map drops. Hell, my gear really sucks (my weapon legit does nothing for my minions), i just have the blight minion damage gloves Triad Grip, and Sidhebreath neck, the minions just do so much damage.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My minion build is my first SSF character ever. I am currently running MI Infernal Legion Skeletons, with Zombies and Carrion Doge. Holy hell its easy.
    I am running Infernal Skellies too. Infernal Legion, Feeding Frenzy, Minion Damage, Combustion Support, and man, they just run up to mobs and disintegrate them. so much fun and so.... boring lol. 2 Carrion and Skellies clear the map before the zombies even close range. This will be my first shaper kill as well cannot wait to get it down.