Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    thing is - amount of prep and knowledge ppl have nowadays is completely different. so no, i am not wrong. 15 years have gone by, hello.
    i get that you never played vanilla, so you dont know how different things actually were, but you are just making yourself look like an idiot. read all the patch notes between 1.1 and 1.12 and then come back and tell me nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i mean. look at how long it took to kill rag on launch. you are objectively, provably wrong.
    Players 15 years ago were chimps who used keyboard turning and clicked their spells on the spell book. Add the knowledge difference, the connection/computer differences...

I mean, look at how long it took to kill Rag on Classic launch, with half the raid not even level 60 and people in questing stuff. You are objectively, provably wrong.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-09-16 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is running on 1.12 balance while being time gated to early vanilla raids, and done by people that have 15 years of experience with it to boot.

Molten Core were never going to put up a massive challenge.

i get that you never played vanilla, so you dont know how different things actually were, but you are just making yourself look like an idiot. read all the patch notes between 1.1 and 1.12 and then come back and tell me nothing changed.
    Lolz. As i suspected - no matter how you please people who want Vanilla experience, they will find things wrong with it and try to make people believe that fairy tale. I played vanilla 3 months prior to BC release, got my priest to 60 and was an afk noob in MC one time while the guild cleared everything up to Rag ( my internet was pretty shit back then ). But - feel free to believe that 1.1 fairy tale and Classic being hard, you go girl

P.S. I am pretty sure if Blizz released 1.1 and people blasted through it, someone would find it not being *the classic no changes experience* once again

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Players 15 years ago were chimps who used keyboard turning and clicked their spells on the spell book. Add the knowledge difference, the connection/computer differences...

I mean, look at how long it took to kill Rag on Classic launch, with half the raid not even level 60 and people in questing stuff. You are objectively, provably wrong.
    by the time wow rolled around, i had 10+ years of MMO experience. i didnt keyboard turn or click spells, and neither did anyone i knew. this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard. again, rag was cleared in weeek 1 because of the balance changes between 1.1 and 1.12. nothing you have said changes that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Lolz. As i suspected - no matter how you please people who want Vanilla experience, they will find things wrong with it and try to make people believe that fairy tale. I played vanilla 3 months prior to BC release, got my priest to 60 and was an afk noob in MC one time while the guild cleared everything up to Rag ( my internet was pretty shit back then ). But - feel free to believe that 1.1 fairy tale and Classic being hard, you go girl

P.S. I am pretty sure if Blizz released 1.1 and people blasted through it, someone would find it not being *the classic no changes experience* once again
    3 months prior to bc release.. aka on the 1.12 patch. god the more you talk the dumber you make yourself look.

There was a pserver a few months ago that MASSIVELY increased the hp/damage of all bosses in the game. Players still breezed through it without an issue.

To make the game actually hard you would need to add new boss abilities.

by the time wow rolled around, i had 10+ years of MMO experience. i didnt keyboard turn or click spells, and neither did anyone i knew. this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard. again, rag was cleared in weeek 1 because of the balance changes between 1.1 and 1.12. nothing you have said changes that.

- - - Updated - - -

3 months prior to bc release.. aka on the 1.12 patch. god the more you talk the dumber you make yourself look.
    Have i even told you i that played your 1.1 patch? Nope, all i did was mention that i played vanilla. So go play your 1.1 on private servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    1. This is not a buff. This is a normalisation. There can be argued to have a net nerf because everyone got rid of the fast weapons because slower ones hit harder. And then they were normalised.
    Read closer. It's a significant buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    3. 1.3 Rag didnt die.
    4. 1.3 Rag didnt die.
    He did tho

What about buffs to +spell damage items in 1,4? Or new loot tables in high level dungeons, like strat and scholo? Or the fact that in strat 4 bosses on undead side started dropping blue items guaranteed in 1.4?
    It's ridiculous to think that game didn't became easier in 1.12.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I notice that split running with 20 people has become a thing. I could get behind that, but it's kinda odd to have to divide your guild into 2 teams like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I wait with baited breath for the non-existant parses from first time MC clears in late 04/early 05 that had pre-submerge Rag kills and 30 second kills on other bosses.

You're just blatantly wrong here.
    I mean you don't even need purses you can just talk to people that were there when they did it heck you had some tanks in molten core that chose not to wear some pieces of armor because they were so overgeared that they were still capped without pants

Molten core 2 defeats rag in about a minute if I believe so I might be wrong here was definitely possible and being done at the end of the expansion to think that is submerged was required is just imagining a raid full of people not doing decent DPS

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean you don't even need purses you can just talk to people that were there when they did it heck you had some tanks in molten core that chose not to wear some pieces of armor because they were so overgeared that they were still capped without pants

Molten core 2 defeats rag in about a minute if I believe so I might be wrong here was definitely possible and being done at the end of the expansion to think that is submerged was required is just imagining a raid full of people not doing decent DPS
    again the operative words being "at the end of the expansion" aka on the fucking 1.12 patch, which is what were talking about. AGAIN: these thigns never happened on 1.3 or earlier.

I mean good for you to be such a MMO expert, but how do you know how the 39 other players in your raid played the game 15 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It's common knowledge, especially talent buffs. I'm sorry you are not in the know. Feel free to look it up yourself. Ya lemme just spend an hour looking up and posting facts for a random person on the internet, only for him to just say they aren't real.
    If you are going to make a claim, you need to back it up. If this is the attitude you are going with, I can claim you assaulted me. Prove you didn’t, I don’t need to back up my claim since you don’t need to back up yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I mean good for you to be such a MMO expert, but how do you know how the 39 other players in your raid played the game 15 years ago?
    because we talked to eachother? what kind of idiot question is that? even back then if we saw someone keyboard turning, or clicking spells, or backpedaling in pvp, they would have been kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too late to do any buffs now to any of the raids we get. We're getting 1.12 raid difficulty.

In the future I won't be surprised if they release a classic+ server with increased mob difficulty. It should have been an option at first.

If the higher ups at Blizz wanted Classic to be a true success, we would have had that option from the start, it was always clearly obvious raids are going to be steamrolled with zero buffs.

I don't know what people were expecting to be honest. We've got way more complicated raid mechanics now on retail and people are clearing them fine.

Then you go back to a game that was 15 years ago with 15 years of knowledge that's 15 years less complicated than current day raids and people complain it's too easy. Well duh.

Just enjoy it for what it is. Get your gear, go PvP and decimate people in lower gear and have hour long AVs. That's what classic is about, not optimizing gear for that 1% advantage.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an average player (level 21 prot pally) who is considering pugging deadmines soon, the ease (or not) of MC seems rather elitist. Most players will not see MC so its ease is not an issue for 95% of the player base.

In short stop your complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people

because we talked to eachother? what kind of idiot question is that? even back then if we saw someone keyboard turning, or clicking spells, or backpedaling in pvp, they would have been kicked.
    Who said anything about pvp? I thought we were talking about early MC raids?

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanoAsh View Post
    As an average player (level 21 prot pally) who is considering pugging deadmines soon, the ease (or not) of MC seems rather elitist. Most players will not see MC so its ease is not an issue for 95% of the player base.

In short stop your complaining.
    Raids are much more accessible in Classic because they're WAY easier than anything in Modern. So claiming that 95% of the player base will never see MC is just not genuine.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Raids are much more accessible in Classic because they're WAY easier than anything in Modern. So claiming that 95% of the player base will never see MC is just not genuine.
    May be, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people

ye they should have definitely custom tuned the raids. Especially since we play a Naxx catchup patch but not naxx itself.

Stupid #nochanges like faceroll raid for the next probably 5Months and no BGs until p3 are the things that will kill the playerbase.

Just did a clear Pug yesterday and im disappointed