Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You people are really, I mean REALLY obsessed with who should or should not be banned for what might or might not have been bug abuse. Do you sleep with your pitchforks under your pillows too?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We’ve recently become aware of a bug that could be exploited to allow instanced encounters to be completed repeatedly. We have developed a fix for the issue, and we are in the process of deploying it worldwide.

Realm restarts are scheduled for 3:00 a.m. PDT (6:00 a.m. EDT) in order to apply this fix.

As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures.

As a reminder, Blizzard’s End User License Agreement defines cheats as “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.”

As always, thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Just interested in thoughts on this - Action being taken against accounts who "exploited" this "bug", however, to the best of my knowledge, no action was taken against the accounts that spammed 10man dungeons, despite blizzard using the exact same language (exploiting a bug).

Thoughts? What is the difference? Why take action in this scenario, but not the other? Could it have something to do with bassically every single "popular" streamer taking advantage of the 10man dungeon exploit?
    From what I understand is that, yes the exploit of the 10 man dungeon grinding was not punished but that is because they did not know that it was a bug, so in turn they were not exploiting it maliciously, just accidentally.

As with the reset bug, the players knew it was a bug to begin with and exploited it anyway, which is a highly bannable offense.

The number of people saying that nobody should be banned for exploiting this bug on various threads is absolutely revolting. People sign the ToS which clearly states that using exploits will get you banned. So to justify their shitty actions they say things like "It's just an intelligent use of mechanics" and act like Blizzard should be the one to blame for not testing things or whatever. I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is this bug?
    Does it bypass the "maximum dungeons per time allowed" ??
    Or did i misunderstand something?

Whatever the bug, punishing the exploiters for releasing a faulty product only shows you as buthurt and little.

Roll back any gains, fix your product, apologise to any law-abiding players, and move on like a big company,
    dont show the people that your ego got hurt and you're just taking heads.

Thoughts? What is the difference? Why take action in this scenario, but not the other? Could it have something to do with bassically every single "popular" streamer taking advantage of the 10man dungeon exploit?
    Come on dude, stop with that conspiracy nonsense. Blizzard has banned content creators in the past.

That's an apples to oranges comparison. People who srsly think that these cases are comparable are either trolling or salty af and it's just "Whataboutism".

The "10 man xp bug" was a case where nobody knew that it was a bug at all, your gained XP simply wasn't nerfed as much as it should've been. How could anybody even really prove that it was too high? Also it was just normal gameplay.
    The latest exploit is a clear and cut case of layering abuse where you have to do specific things. It isn't something you'd "naturally" do.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-09-16 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Asmongold banned?

Yes, please, blizzard.

I wonder if his followers would do bomb threats.
    He'd just make a new account and get just as much (if not, more) support while leveling again. It wouldn't even be a minor setback. I imagine other high profile streamers would do the same.

Unless Blizzard decides to go Tyler1 on somebody, I doubt any negative consequences will be felt longterm.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except again, they banned people and took away items
    they banned people and took away AP
    they banned people and took away honor
    they took away peoples azerite.

you keep saying "nuh blizzard never does this, they so bad" then i show you literal examples and you say "nuh uh they never do that"

- - - Updated - - -

except those bugs that people said existed didnt, and those ones they reported were fixed, this was a new find, are you serious?
    They ban yes, they might remove something like conquest but that is it. They don't roll your character back. When I get home I can have a 3 year old draw a picture and maybe 2 like minded people will understand each other.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

Whatever the bug, punishing the exploiters for releasing a faulty product only shows you as buthurt and little.

Roll back any gains, fix your product, apologise to any law-abiding players, and move on like a big company,
    I don't think we're allowed to discuss specific details on how to do it here, so I'm not gonna go there, but as far as how the bug works...it allows players to repeatedly reset/farm the same boss over and over, without having to re-clear the instance. So you want Blackstone Ring from Maraudon, for example. Clear to Princess, down her. Ring didn't drop? No problem. Just reset her (and only her) without having to clear again. Same thing with other dungeons. So repeatedly down final bosses in a short amount of time and get stuff like pre-raid BiS, Rivendare's mount, etc. Not to mention tons of gold and probably stuff to sell.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    He'd just make a new account and get just as much (if not, more) support while leveling again. It wouldn't even be a minor setback. I imagine other high profile streamers would do the same.

Unless Blizzard decides to go Tyler1 on somebody, I doubt any negative consequences will be felt longterm.
    Yeah, well, i think it is pretty useless to ban high profile streamers. They will just return and their followers will send them love presents.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    So is the bug when groups do SM Cath farms? Like go outside the dungeon and reset the dungeon and do it like 8 times or? What is the bug exactly?
    no, and that's restricted to 5 times per hour and has always been taht way

these people are bypassing that restriction and killing the boss 20+ times per hour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I don't think we're allowed to discuss specific details on how to do it here, so I'm not gonna go there, but as far as how the bug works...it allows players to repeatedly reset/farm the same boss over and over, without having to re-clear the instance. So you want Blackstone Ring from Maraudon, for example. Clear to Princess, down her. Ring didn't drop? No problem. Just reset her (and only her) without having to clear again. Same thing with other dungeons. So repeatedly down final bosses in a short amount of time and get stuff like pre-raid BiS, Rivendare's mount, etc. Not to mention tons of gold and probably stuff to sell.

At least, that's the way I understand it.
    what they were doing was doing the dungeon in a full raid, 1 person would drop group after the first boss kill and then they'd be put into a new layer with a new boss instead of kicked out of the instance in 30 seconds. they'd then invite all the people from the raid they were just in and now EVERYONE gets to kill the boss again. rinse repeat once per person, run out, reset the instance, start it all again

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    blizzard implements layering
    community tells blizzard layering has bugs and it's bad
    blizzard makes a post most layering exploits have been investigated and are exaggerated
    blizzard makes some layering fixes
    someone makes a video about layering exploit.
    blizzard gets all mad and starts banning

so basically they chose not to do anything, even with repeated bug reports that it was being exploited until they saw the video. How are people supposed to get bugs fixed without the risk of getting accounts banned since the only way it seems for blizzard to care is to post a video.
    The difference is when you find a big or potential exploit you report it and do repeat it. People used to purposely wipe on fights if it bugged and the bug meant they would kill it. One of my own guilds did this while doing progression on mythic Archimonde. The tank got stuck on a rock Archi couldn't hit him and they would have gotten their first kill. Instead they had the tank alt f4 and they wiped and reported it. People that played through things like the saronite grenade band in ICC aren't going to risk stuff like that hitting them. If nothing else I know I want to play the game and beat content the correct way. I wouldn't want to be carried in content, cheat or have to wait for nerds to beat things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

Well for example, you get to the last boss of a dungeon that drop good loot.
    You kill him and loot.
    Then you somehow change layer inside the dungeon or something like that, this cause the boss to respawn right in front of you. You kill it again without having to reclear the whole dungeon. And you can repeat that over and over again to farm rare loot and rare recipes to sell.

Apparently this even worked in raid so you could kill Ragnaros 10 times in a row for example.

I honestly don't care about people who exploit anymore. It's just a game. I think everything should just be allowed. Even if it destroys such useless things as the world first race. Sounds like a win win situation.

I think the difference is how obvious it was that it was a bug. I don't doubt that some people realized they were getting more experience than they should with the 10man bug, but other people probably just went "oh wow, this is an efficient way of leveling!" In other words, it's not clear from a system standpoint who knew they were exploiting a bug and who was just taking advantage of what seemed like a good way to gain XP. The average person does not know how much XP is appropriate for a task, they only know what they receive.

There's no ambiguity in the other bug. You go out of your way to exploit it, and it is very obviously something that was not intentional.

While the text would allow you to ding either group, they're different situations.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Being able to 10 man Classic dungeons is intended. Being able to farm the bosses over and over is not.

Blizz probably forgot why they put 5 lockouts per hour on normal dungeons in vanilla.
    Hint: We got like 5 or 7 Quel'Serrar books for the guild in a week with rogues before that fix, but here we go again...
    and they managed to fuck up majorly this time.

This is just idiotic and absolutely false in every possible way. It gave a HUGE advantage to those exploiting the bug Vs those not exploiting it. The world first mage does not factor into this discussion at all, in any way. How do i know this to be true? Blizzard immediately hotfixed the bug out of the game to stop people exploiting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect gear and gold would be the main concerns.
    Was the 10 man experience bug an obvious bug though

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I honestly don't care about people who exploit anymore. It's just a game. I think everything should just be allowed. Even if it destroys such useless things as the world first race. Sounds like a win win situation.
    Some people would go really far without any consequences. Many exploiters dont even like the game nor do they expect to stay for long.

Look at PvP only players in retail, many on the 4. or 5. WoW account allready, because they don't care about their character, they don't care about fair competition and they sure don't care about other players or how they might affect them in a negative way.

The lack of ban waves in classic means just that blizzard does not care. And why should they? Classic is basicly LFR-Vanilla with the pre-TBC-1.12 easy mode patch, there is nothing to salvage at this point.
    -

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    not very Vanilla'ish, alongside layering abuse. That didn't happen at all because there wasn't layering in vanilla. Lol. I will have to put this one in the "no changes" scrapbook for the years ahead when I need a laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, bassicly you would go to last boss, then everyone leaves group and joins another person groiup, which if they were on another layer, would hop you to their layer, which for some reason reset some dungeons.

meaning you could do the boss again, and aparently this could be repeated, allowing you to do the boss infinitly, but i doubt that, no evidance+ it doesent make sense why going back to your original layer would respawn the boss, or even how this would work as lyaers are not world.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectNeighborlyAnteaterAliens

"No evidence."