View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be fair, if I had been in his shoes and knew the mood Betell was entering the press conference into, I'd have run away, too. That was a diplomatic massacre. This guy pulls no punch for no one. This was a humiliation and it was meant to be one.
    Boris went boldly with courage deep into the heart of enemy territory and returned unscathed. Can you imagine the reception if Juncker dared to address a Brexit party conference? It's the same but reverse scenario, the difference is the EU chicken Juncker wouldn't dare turn up even after the usual swift cognac or ten.

The uncivil rudeness in the way the UK PM was treated is very welcome by brexiteers, in 5 minutes hundreds more UK voters convert to the clean, no deal Brexit cause washing their hands of the EU. Thank you Luxembourg!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dribbles View Post
    Boris went boldly with courage deep into the heart of enemy territory and returned unscathed. Can you imagine the reception if Juncker dared to address a Brexit party conference? It's the same but reverse scenario, the difference is the EU chicken Juncker wouldn't dare turn up even after the usual swift cognac or ten.

The uncivil rudeness in the way the UK PM was treated is very welcome by brexiteers, in 5 minutes hundreds more UK voters convert to the clean, no deal Brexit cause washing their hands of the EU. Thank you Luxembourg!
    What is clean about No Deal?

The uncivil rudeness in the way the UK PM was treated is very welcome by brexiteers...
    Indeed, today could not have played out better for Johnson if Cummings had planned it himself!
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-09-16 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    She suggested both Ken Clarke and Harriet Harman, who last time I looked was very much in the Labour Party, as potential leaders of a temporary government.
    Something Harman herself said no to, and which since Swinson has doubled down on Clarke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That's because Ken Clark is actually like by people on both sides. Jeremy Corbyn is not just hated he is dispised by people on the left, right and centre. Labour MPs don't want him there as he is a liability. The right don't want him there because he's too left for them. Many on the left don't want him there because he's a Brexiteer and a fucking anti semite piece of shit. (Sorry you don't write "This is a good book." forward to a repring of a book that is basically "The world is shit and it is the jews fault." and not be anti semitic. You can't hide behind "But I'm only anti israeli policies (Which is a fair stance to be) due to the book being written before WW1)
    He very obviously can, and honestly, with an openly homophobic, transphobic, racist, islamophobic PM, does he even need to?

Edit: Forgot sexist and xenophobic.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2019-09-16 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What is clean about No Deal?
    He just wants a no deal so he can start whining about how the evil EU won't let the UK trade deal happen without the UK signing what is effectively the WA. Dribbles, is after all, a professional crybaby.

Something Harman herself said no to, and which since Swinson has doubled down on Clarke.
    Swinson has not doubled down on Clarke - she mentioned both names in a Radio 4 interview on 16th August.

Every single time you get proved wrong you come out with more nonsense!

How long are you going to keep trying to lie your way out of your claim that the Lib Dems would go in to coalition with the Tories?

10+ Year Old Account
    Swinson has not doubled down on Clarke - she mentioned both names in a Radio 4 interview on 16th August.

Every single time you get proved wrong you come out with more nonsense!

How long are you going to keep trying to lie your way out of your claim that the Lib Dems would go in to coalition with the Tories?
    When they’re given the opportunity before the end of the year and choose not to.

... at this point, I'm honestly torn between continuing to believe you're actually a brexiteer, or you're now revealing yourself as a trollbot designed to rally together Remainers against Brexit altogether via playing a bombastic parody of a Brexiteer Stereotype. o_O

EDIT: as it has been pointed out, I fixed the title to be for the right person who it was quoted from. I haven't a CLUE how that happened! >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-09-16 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ... at this point, I'm honestly torn between continuing to believe you're actually a brexiteer, or you're now revealing yourself as a trollbot designed to rally together Remainers against Brexit altogether via playing a bombastic parody of a Brexiteer Stereotype. o_O
    To be honest I can understand your confusion seeing as you've quoted me but for some bizarre reason deleted anything I may have written and replaced it with something written by Dribbles who is actually a Brexiteer!

People in glass houses, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I can understand your confusion seeing as you've quoted me but for some bizarre reason deleted anything I may have written and replaced it with something written by Dribbles who is actually a Brexiteer!

Your post was agreeing with it, so I can see why.

It was agreeing with part of it - that the press conference played into Brexiteer's hands - which is why I clipped every other bit of Dribbles' post from the quote. But since you can see why the Cons and Lib Dems are going into coalition I can see why you believe that - I mean let's be honest what is written or said is unimportant to your beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was agreeing with part of it - that the press conference played into Brexiteer's hands - which is why I clipped every other bit of Dribbles' post from the quote. But since you can see why the Cons and Lib Dems are going into coalition I can see why you believe that - I mean let's be honest what is written or said is unimportant to your beliefs.
    Individual acts at face value are pretty meaningless. Lib Dems are not a centrist party, they’re right of centre, why would they form a coalition with Labour? They wouldn’t even bring themselves to do it over a single issue for a time limited agreement. Why? Because it’s Tory votes they’re most likely to pick up, and don’t want to compromise that. Again why? Because their wider policies are more closely aligned than with Labour and the SNP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, today could not have played out better for Johnson if Cummings had planned it himself!
    Now there's a thought, I wonder if Cummings paid the UK expat remainer agitators to be there. The EU keep falling into his traps if so...

Another potential big day tomorrow, could be the end of parliament, suspended until Nov 1st if the government wins at the supreme court.

So the Supreme Court will tomorrow hear arguments that even if the Government prorogued Parliament principally to deny Parliament the opportunity to debate Brexit was lawful...presumably if the Government wins Parliament could then be prorogued until after October 31st... Lord Ashcroft.

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/sta...46369913016321

Game over for remainers? Fingers X'd.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Individual acts at face value are pretty meaningless. Lib Dems are not a centrist party, they’re right of centre, why would they form a coalition with Labour? They wouldn’t even bring themselves to do it over a single issue for a time limited agreement. Why? Because it’s Tory votes they’re most likely to pick up, and don’t want to compromise that. Again why? Because their wider policies are more closely aligned than with Labour and the SNP.
    There is absolutely nothing to support what you are saying regarding a Con/LD coalition - it's little more than a conspiracy theory. Neither Johnson's Tories nor Swinson's LDs have said much on what their policies outside of Brexit are and it is more than a little ironic that you claim to know what either parties policies might be when you did not even know what Labour's policy on a second referendum was.

Seriously you've been pushing something which is not true for several hours and pretty much everything you've presented as evidence has been proven to be untrue and you still won't admit you were wrong.

But that wasn't the post nominally quoted!

The post that is linked as quoted was from the 9th - a week ago.

That makes it completely non-sensical, which is to expected when Brexit is discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now there's a thought, I wonder if Cummings paid the UK expat remainer agitators to be there. The EU keep falling into his traps if so...

Another potential big day tomorrow, could be the end of parliament, suspended until Nov 1st if the government wins at the supreme court.

So the Supreme Court will tomorrow hear arguments that even if the Government prorogued Parliament principally to deny Parliament the opportunity to debate Brexit was lawful...presumably if the Government wins Parliament could then be prorogued until after October 31st... Lord Ashcroft.

They can’t just insta-prorogue. That would give Parliament time to act against it, through VONC.

Furthermore, proroging through the deadline just makes your not very clean clean break even dirtier as you can’t pass legislation to say what will actually happen across the deadline.

I won't be falling into yours!

They would still have to contend with the Benn-Burt Bill even if parliament is prorogued until after the deadline.

...!!!

Good grief! Sorry, yeah - I actually thought I was quoting Dribbles (meaning I did, but somehow the name changed??)! >_<

My bad, will fix! >_<

EDIT: I haven't the foggiest in how that happened!?! I literally thought I was just quoting Dribbles... I didn't copy/paste anything! o_O

EDIT 2: Have now fixed. I'm genuinely perplexed as to how that happened as your name/post wasn't anywhere in that post I quoted! o_O
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-09-16 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...!!!
    Good grief! Sorry, yeah - I actually thought I was quoting Dribbles! >_<

My bad, will fix! >_<

EDIT: I haven't the foggiest in how that happened!?! I literally thought I was quoting Dribbles... I didn't copy/paste anything! o_O
    I believe you - thousands wouldn't.

But seriously, not to worry.

I believe you - thousands wouldn't.

But seriously, not to worry.
    Thx - yeah, I'm seriously baffled as to how that happened... I must've not paid attention when quoting or copying or something...??

I'm getting old... >_<