Poll: Should Thunderfury go to the MT or Rogue?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Main tank for sure.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    MT. Tank threat is the single best RDPS multiplier factor in Classic and BC. If you give a threat increasing weapon to one of your DPS first instead of a maintank, then you are beyond help.

Tank, so rogues can remove feint from their action bars

The way classic is going, it should probably go to mages at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Rogue. It's a fact that offense is the best defense. In WoW that means kill it before it kills you. That's why dps should get the legendaries to kill stuff faster.
    But the raid will be able to do more dps if the tank can generate more aggro. That’s why you give TF to the tank. It will increase the overall raid damage much more than giving it to a Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    MT then OT. Then rogues.

Any guild that gives it to a rogue over the Mt needs to just disband in shame
    Given that tanks have a lot of options for tanking (there is even a really good dagger called alcazors sunrazor for example), that isn't really true. Spending so much just because tf is the optimal tanking item, isn't worth it in my eyes. My guilds main tank said tf goes to the highest performing rogue or fury warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Only if your MT is a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    The way classic is going, it should probably go to mages at this point
    amen, things are being turned so trivial and easy. I'd sooner give it to a Hunter and call the tank a noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    How it used to work until 1.8 is that with a typical Combat SS spec (and indeed most rogue specs) you'd want a fast offhand (for poison procs) and a slow main hand because Sinister Strike's damage was based on your main hand weapon damage multiplied by it's speed. Slower weapons also have higher top end damage meaning that Sinister Strike's instant cast would give a better base damage than if you were to use a fast main hand with the same dps.

Now weapons are normalised for each type during an instant attack: Daggers are always counted as 1.7, other one handers are always counted as 2.5. This basically means that your weapon speed doesn't matter so much compared to its base damage any more.

Slower weapons still tend to be better simply because they usually have a shorter dps range (meaning higher bracket margins for base damage), but it's nowhere near as important as it used to be.

As for the topic at hand. Thunderfury is a tank weapon, no ifs or buts about it, the proc is so strong and the speed is great too.
    Rogues can start getting Thunderfury during AQ and Naxx (unless your raid gets particularly lucky) until then, its for your main tanks.
    I would say it's not that slower weapons have a 'shorter' dmg range... they will always have HIGHER damage per hit assuming the same dps value. They removed the extra ap boost from speed, but they didn't make the raw damage change. And thunderfury has less dmg than some lvl 45~ blues

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Should Thunderfury go to the MT or a Rogue in the raid?
    Mine is on my warlock main. Farming T1 transmog got me both halves before I finished the set.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Overwhelmingly it should go to the main tank. Even with a good tank, DPS will need to hold back. The more threat the main tank can put out, the more DPS the entire raid can do. It's a no-brainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Sounds like bullshit, unless you're talking about 10 man.

I admit I may have overestimated you and assumed you meant 25 man HC.
    Just because you weren't good enough to do it without help doesn't mean others weren't.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    Given that tanks have a lot of options for tanking (there is even a really good dagger called alcazors sunrazor for example), that isn't really true. Spending so much just because tf is the optimal tanking item, isn't worth it in my eyes. My guilds main tank said tf goes to the highest performing rogue or fury warrior
    Then your guilds MT was kind of an idiot. TF would give a barely noticeable dps boost for one rogue or one fury warrior because they should already be threat capped behind the main tank, even on alliance with salvation.

Not a single weapon during vanilla comes close to generating the same threat as TF on the main tank. Pretty much all the DPS should be threat capped except hunters so the entire raids DPS can go up once the tank has TF not just one rogue or one fury warrior (until they pull aggro and die).

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Then your guilds MT was kind of an idiot. TF would give a barely noticeable dps boost for one rogue or one fury warrior because they should already be threat capped behind the main tank, even on alliance with salvation.

Not a single weapon during vanilla comes close to generating the same threat as TF on the main tank. Pretty much all the DPS should be threat capped except hunters so the entire raids DPS can go up once the tank has TF not just one rogue or one fury warrior (until they pull aggro and die).
    I am pretty sure TF is the best rogue offhand sword in vanilla even if tanks constantly try to deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

I am pretty sure TF is the best rogue offhand sword in vanilla even if tanks constantly try to deny that.
    One rogue's off hand that will generate more threat on someone who is already threat capped vs the entire raids higher dps because the MT can raise the threat cap further.

It doesn't matter if it's the best rogue off hand, it's still nothing when comparing to what it can do for the raid as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Just because you weren't good enough to do it without help doesn't mean others weren't.
    Or just because your DPS were too awful to require even a real weapon maybe? Which one seems more realistic to your brilliant self?

- - - Updated - - -

It is, but more threat for the tank equals more DPS for the entire raid, not just one member, who'll end up doing LESS DPS than before since the proc generates additional threat.

It is great for Rogue PvP though.

your MT is wrong and confused. it should go to MT first. rogues a distant second behind both MT's, then fury warriors, then rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Or just because your DPS were too awful to require even a real weapon maybe? Which one seems more realistic to your brilliant self?
    That you are bad, because I never had any trouble holding agro with any group, mine or otherwise, nor did any of the other tanks I knew.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

It's great for Rogues.

It's better for tanks, because more threat means more raid DPS.

There were rogues that got TF over the MT during vanilla live, im sure the QQ'ing was insane. I'm sure if asmongold played a rogue, he'd still get the bindings over whatever mt was on his run. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.