Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Considering you think having autorun on is more fun than those, have you tried getting good at some of them?
    This is phenomenal contribution to this conversation. "Git gud"

It's going to a new area. Re-exploring a new zone. Unlocking new quests. Getting closer to being able to run more dungeons.

Clearly we enjoy different parts of the game. I hope you get a bunch more "git guds" in today. I can tell you really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    This is phenomenal contribution to this conversation. "Git gud"

It's going to a new area. Re-exploring a new zone. Unlocking new quests. Getting closer to being able to run more dungeons.

Clearly we enjoy different parts of the game. I hope you get a bunch more "git guds" in today. I can tell you really enjoy it.
    Phenomenal samplesize that you used in your roomtemper IQ research.

Considering you think having autorun on is more fun than those, have you tried getting good at some of them?
    Whats the point getting good at any of that content? Everyhing you listed lacks any sort of purpose. Only thing it offers is challenge but thats really poor motivation to actualy do that content. Challenge should be part of content not its goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Whats the point getting good at any of that content? Everyhing you listed lacks any sort of purpose. Only thing it offers is challenge but thats really poor motivation to actualy do that content. Challenge should be part of content not its goal.
    You might aswell ask, whats the point in playing videogames?

7+ Year Old Account
    guy who has been hating on classic for ages, makes another post hating on classic. now here Jimmothy with the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    More excuses to shit on classic.

You know both can co-exist? Right? So go back to BFA and stop cluttering this message board.
    They cant. Since classic is more sucessfull than retail. Retail will have to change to be more like classic otherwise blizzard will loss all classic players when they run out of content. They will have to add new content classic or change retail becouse players what actualy enjoy retail are minority.

You might aswell ask, whats the point in playing videogames?
    It's elias, dont bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    And you for some reason mention BfA as well, as it was some freaking demon. Guy is biased, so are you. And no, you are not forced to log in to BfA every day. Don't even try to argue.
    You and I both know the difference is in BFA you fall behind if you miss days. In classic? You won’t miss shit by not logging in multiple days. That’s my point.

And I’m not as biased as you might think. I fucking loved Legion so I’m not against retail WoW like the OP is against classic. I haven’t played BFA for the last patch either so I’m open to the idea that much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    You and I both know the difference is in BFA you fall behind if you miss days. In classic? You won’t miss shit by not logging in multiple days. That’s my point.

And I’m not as biased as you might think. I fucking loved Legion so I’m not against retail WoW like the OP is against classic. I haven’t played BFA for the last patch either so I’m open to the idea that much improved.
    I am cutting edge raider, you don't miss a shit if you only raid log mate Initial month of the tier? yeah, every day? hell no, just 4-5 days a week, 1 for hc and 3 days for actual raids, maybe a day for m+ spam . Now, well, my main is usually only online for raids and a weekly m+.

My thread got shut down, this one still open...ok got it.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    My thread got shut down, this one still open...ok got it.

Perhaps attacking the people pointing out that it happens both ways wasn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1. Classic raids are very hard.
    2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones
    3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60
    4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends
    5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.
    6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy
    7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW
    Preface this with saying I've given up on retail and only play Classic. The things I think retail could use back, the RPG element, is why I went with Classic. I think Blizzard had the right balance in late BC and early Wrath of what was RPG still and what was more akin to retail today. I have always said that back when Hit Rating and such were a thing, if they balanced item budget to lower the cost of things like Hit, the game would be fine. Instead, Blizzard went off the rails and just got rid of things that made gearing more of a balancing act. Today, it's almost literally "if it has a socket or is a level increase put it on." You don't make gear choices other than when you are on a haste plateau that crit or mastery might be better.

1. I had this argument with someone trying to tell me Mythic raiding isn't hard compared to Vanilla. I've done both. Classic is essentially: don't stand in bad and don't out threat the tank. Dispel.

His argument was that bosses had to be nerfed in Vanilla because they were impossible to kill. That's not difficulty, that's bad tuning. Jaina was mathematically impossible to kill as well and they had to nerf her. With that argument, any time a boss is over tuned for a long time, it makes the game better for some weird reason.

2. I think there is an argument for both being fun. The old talent trees feel great when you get down to a new tier of talents. Things like 2h on an Enhance shaman feel great. The new talent system, is like having 3 choices of a level 20, 30, and 40 talent. The thing I dislike most about the new talents is there are just some completely useless talent points like Retribution Aura for prot paladins. I've seen prot paladins on retail take this and I shake my head in disbelief. You chose the worst talent in the game over having 8 second immunity to magic damage or another charge on the horse.

3. Never thought of the game this way regardless. The game doesn't start until 60 really. That's true during any expansion though. That's why a lot of other big named MMOs have failed. They just don't offer enough end game that Blizzard has developed over the years. I think what makes Classic more appealing versus retail for some though, is the fact that you have a more focused gear path. A lot of people are turned off by titanforging and the like. Myself included.

4. I've had both amazing interactions and terrible ones in Classic so far. I've made a few friends along the way though. Something you don't see on retail because you rarely see the same people twice. I rarely ever run into people on my realm in retail on a high pop server. I don't need to know people in retail because the LFG/LFR tool gives me random people from all over to do stuff. Classic, I make a friend and when I need them or they need me for a dungeon or something I get a whisper. I haven't had to group with someone on purpose while questing in years.

5. As a tank, I don't join these sorts of groups. You can make the choice not to as well. I will take anyone who is isn't a complete jerk in my group and kick those that are. I've left groups that started advertising as AOE runs. If you want to AOE run, I'm not wasting my time trying to tank for you. I'm a tank who actually knows what he is doing. If you want some random guy who can taunt a boss, find someone else.

6. Disagree with you mostly here. It adds to the immersion of the RPG element to not just have an ability appear on my bars from leveling up. They are annoying in the sense that they can be quite the journey for no reason, which I couldn't argue against. Some you can skip, sure. However, you couldn't exactly skip things like resurrection as a priest without making life difficult.

7. Classic has the appeal of you don't have to grind out something like Artifact Power weekly to be relevant. Yes, things aren't easy and things take time. The commitment is different though. When you hit a certain point in Classic, you can log in and focus on what you find fun. I can make an alt, get to 60, and just get gear and be ready to go and I don't miss out on anything on my main (barring a tier release). In retail, skipping out on a week or two of playing can put you fairly behind in the grind. You can play at your own pace in Classic since you can't really tier skip.

Perhaps attacking the people pointing out that it happens both ways wasn't a good idea.
    Hey, are you a stalker?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So these are the main ones I know about. If you have any other myths that were completely debunked by Classic's release feel free to post.
    Myth: Nobody is actually interested in playing Classic.

Myth: People will stop playing Classic after a few hours.

Myth: People will stop playing Classic after a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Hey, are you a stalker?
    You came into a thread I frequent, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    It failed for the people that gave it a shot and then moved on. Server numbers mean nothing to those people. Sure some people like it, God knows why, but many others do not.
    That's like saying the movie "Titanic" failed because someone went to watch the movie, disliked it and left early.

You came into a thread I frequent, not the other way around.
    Well surprise surprise finding you here frequently then.

Signed into retail, GHOST TOWN.
    Signed into classic, 2 Hour QUEUES & everything is populated.

The biggest Myth: Classic will die down and be gone before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Signed into retail, GHOST TOWN.
    Signed into classic, 2 Hour QUEUES & everything is populated.

The biggest Myth: Classic will die down and be gone before you know it.
    Another myth: Classicucks can live without shitting on retail every 5 minutes.

Like seriously, you make classic players look like they spent their first 15 minutes of life without air, don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Bwahahahahahaha the funniest part was when he said everyone is about to quit. I see more and more players in classic every day. Guilds growing at a tremendous pace. When I log into retail....its tumble weeds. Just other retail players telling each other this is fine
    idk ive seen the opposite, my server on both are still very popular, but i have noticed a drop on classic, and a rewgroth on retail.
    my guild already lost atleast 5-6 main raiders who just left cause it sorta "snapped"
    one of our pallies even mid raid just "I am gunna go raid retail" and left to go do mythic raids. we were just about to pull garr too, and only 2 raid nights in we already have all but major and rag down, so its not like it was a night of constant wiping.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content