Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    For some reason I read "alcoholic" )
    Mr. Gumble, this is a Girl Scout meeting.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

I have a character of every class. There is nothing wrong with that. You are simply exploring and enjoying the whole breadth of the game.

I tend to do that with every mmo i play. I want to see all it has to offer in terms of game play.

With that said... i can't say i have seen much enjoyment in that front since the Legion pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I have a character of every class. There is nothing wrong with that. You are simply exploring and enjoying the whole breadth of the game.

I tend to do that with every mmo i play. I want to see all it has to offer in terms of game play.

With that said... i can't say i have seen much enjoyment in that front since the Legion pre-patch.
    To be quite fair, having alts makes you burnout less of games, but if you're treating alts like your main and super serious, or "main alts" you're just burning yourself out once again. So this person saying he has essences far behind that means he is having his fun doing all this kind of stuff he enjoys on every class. +1 for that i kind of have a problem in leaving my DH, i come back to my DH everytime, even tho i have many alts and have fun on them

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    I used to be, but then the neck/essence system killed all that for me, its not worth the investment to play more than 1 character.
    I managed to get a dozen alts to 110 in Legion, and get their weapons fully opened (though not to true max rank), though not in all specs for the pure DPS alts. It was a bit of a grind, but somewhat fun.

However, in BfA I have only seven, and their necks aren't maxed (even the main's), and they have no gear you can't get from open world content. The main reason I don't have more is that so much stuff is locked behind questlines and rep. You think you don't have to do all that on alts, and then you find half the flight points aren't there, or that something is phased wrong, or that you have to do this or that before you can open the latest patch's content (and Nazjatar, etc. do require you do the questlines to open them, and there's a bunch of stuff that phases oddly in there). It's just a pain, and having only three zones plus a few questlines over in enemy zones means there's little variety in levelling choices.

BfA has resulted in half my alts sitting at L111 in Boralus or on an Undead's boat, doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    I used to be, but then the neck/essence system killed all that for me, its not worth the investment to play more than 1 character.
    That's definitely true. If essences at least were some kind of Account-wide of sorts, then ok maybe i would consider it, but even with it, it's not alt-friendly because you need to level AP for the neck itself, and it's hard getting your alts at same point as your main

Problem is, I have no main at all. I have no alts to treat as mains as all classes are my mains.

I have every character except shaman and warlock sitting on 450 ilvl with crappy essences, still no flying and only level 6 on back and 70-74 on neck.
    God I hate this game but at the same time I don't. I'm so jealous seeing these "insert class here" mains running around with 475 ilvl, level 13 on back and 75+ on neck. They have 200K+ on my HP, one click does more damage then my whole rotation. Tanks laughing at mythic 10+, healers can focus more damage and just roflstomp... etc ....etc...
    Last edited by d00mh4cker; 2020-03-05 at 12:49 PM.

Alts is life. Got 17 at 120, though play 7 of them actively aka got leggo cloak. Trying to do assaults, at least 1 m+ a week and take like 2 of them for a Ny'alotha pug. I were a lot more active with alts in Legion when they were more fun to play though. Had 14 110s then and I played them all quite actively. Did full Antorus hc pugs weekly on both my MM hunters, shadow priest, two holydins, monk, rogue with more. M+ on several and it was such a good time. So thats why I play alts less now and do less on those whos active as well. 4 of my alts I do daily anchor weed on, and thats it on those characters.

Main is DH, and play Outlaw Rogue, Fury Warrior, Arcane Mage, BM Hunter, Destro Lock and Holy Paladin atm. Going to focus on my DK soon since I am set to play Frost DK main in Shadowlands, depends how it with play of course. I like to change main each expansion and thats why I like alts too, a bit of variety. Covensnts seems nice for alts. A bit of replayability that you can choose different covenant with different kind of transmogs, mounts etc. They said you could choose covenant at once on alts at level 50 if you had done it on main at max level and thats neat.

pick one and get flying with it, that'll make it a lot more enjoyable.

Ah where to begin. I started playing July 2007. Then around October I started a second account with 2 monitors. I was manually alttabbing between 2 windows lol. Then now im up to 3 accounts and have been doing it for almost a decade now? So far I like to keep my apples in one basket. I have my first set of alts... 3 of each classes, so 36 120s.

Then the introduction of allied races that opened up more slots. My main goal was to at least get one of each allied race and one class each (but I ended up making 2 allied race druids lol). Now I have an additional 24 120s. Working on more, slooooooooooowly.

So 60 120s in total in one server?

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post

Are you a cured altoholic? How did you cure yourself?
    I used to main a havoc in Legion, but the waiting game of getting into dungeons as dps made me dabble in alts whenever my friends wasnt on for dungeons. So I ended up like you with 5-8 alts semi ok, not really commiting to any of them.

For me the cure came in late S3 beggining of S4. I found a tank that I really enjoyed playing (blood dk) and that gave me unlimited instant access to mythic dungeons. At first I was grinding for gear and really enjoying it, then I tried getting spesific items like a 2h weapon, later I wanted to «learn» all the routes and act like a tank that knew his shit so I started working on that, then I worked on my rio score until I finally could start gunning for 15+ in time all dungeons mount. So basically playing a tank and enjoying it has given me an unending flow of content or so it seems. I can play max 2-3 hours a day

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    I keep jumping between ww monk, rogue, shadow priest, balance, havoc, prot paladin, brewmaster, disc, resto druid.

I can't stop. Normally I would say whatever floats your boat but this is really an issue for me as I still don't have flying, no progress in mechagon, lacking so many essences that it hurts my dps, healing, tanking etc.

I've been focusing on my WW monk for a while now (one week) trying to get into mechagon, farm rep etc but then all of a sudden I can't stand it, the animations of monk is so god damn lame, the rotation is lame.

I get back to my outlaw rogue which has similar rep progression, i have the best time rolling godlike with dices, a couple of dungeons later with some bad RNG and I'm over to my shadow priest, having a good time, then realizing its kinda dull going in and out void form and getting invited to +10 as shadow priest is a waiting game, back to my balance druid, some luck with streaking stars doing tons of damage, having a blast, but i'm troll and i look fucking stupid....now im on my way back to rogue trying to get some daggers for assasination but I know it won't end.

Are you a cured altoholic? How did you cure yourself?
    I'm not cured. I've found another game, that is more alt-friendly.

I have been altoholic since first day in Wow. I just had no time for it at the beginning, as I didn't play enough and was too busy with playing my only character. But Blizzard themselves pushed me towards this fate. Too long content droughts and too hard endgame content since Cata made me play more casual content on alts instead of focusing on hardcore endgame content on main. And now Pandora's box is already open and can't be closed. I realized, that playing casually on alts - is my game and I don't want something different.

In the past Wow was more main-centric at release of xpack and more alt-friendly by it's end to keep players playing during content drought. But now game is just full of artificial content stretching and has rushed xpacks instead, so it's no longer casual/alt-friendly. So, I've found game, that isn't actually RPG, but has similar elements, like customization, progression, exploration, etc. And it's more casual/alt-friendly, as it doesn't have all that unnecessary shell of crap, that gates you from real content, Wow has.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.