Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    People are no more migrating to low pop realms, they prefer to deal with 20 minutes queues than having to wait 1 hour to get a heal or a tank, realms like Judgment EU are extremely deserted, this needs to change NOW and not until "they collect data".
    I still think it's too early. Maybe a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Connected realms are literally merges without you having to rename your character/guild.
    They're really not.
    Your original home realm still exists and your character data in the world and player DB still have your original realm as a reference to you.
    They are not "literally merges". They are just connected realms through shared cross-realm zones.

That's why they're called "connected realms" and not "merged realms". Characters still belong to their original home realm and you're still constrained by the realm (like not being able to create more than 11 characters per realm). Nothing has been merged. And they didn't even bother connecting all realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    They're really not.
    Your original home realm still exists and your character data in the world and player DB still have your original realm as a reference to you.
    They are not "literally merges". They are just connected realms through shared cross-realm zones.

That's why they're called "connected realms" and not "merged realms". Characters still belong to their original home realm and you're still constrained by the realm (like not being able to create more than 11 characters per realm). Nothing has been merged. And they didn't even bother connecting all realms.
    Do you even know how the system works? You can join guilds with people from your connected realms, you can raid mythic while its still closed to xrealm, trade, etc etc. I can do anythin to people in my connected realm, that i could do to people on my own realm aswell.

How is that any different from merging realms, except ofcourse that you could have 2x the same name.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-09-22 at 07:47 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Do you even know how the system works? You can join guilds with people from your connected realms, you can raid mythic while its still closed to xrealm, trade, etc etc.
    I know how the system works. You don't. They are connected not merged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how the system works. You don't. They are connected not merged.
    Ah okay, youre clueless, why didnt you say so to begin with!
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    wtf kind of logic is this?

Imagine being this triggered over nothing.

Couple shining examples of that exemplary Classic community I been hearing so much about.
    Retail kid right there if I ever saw one!

Ah okay, youre clueless, why didnt you say so to begin with!
    So it came to insults. Ok then.
    I guess you're not even trying to be topical, but just trying to provoke a reaction.
    Go google up connected realms and read a bit in wowpedia or some other resource and you'll realize the realm are not merged. They are connected.

But since you're just here for cheap kicks, I'll leave you to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it came to insults. Ok then.
    I guess you're not even trying to be topical, but just trying to provoke a reaction.
    Go google up connected realms and read a bit in wowpedia or some other resource and you'll realize the realm are not merged. They are connected.

But since you're just here for cheap kicks, I'll leave you to it.
    Why dont you take up your own advice and read up, connected realms are just merges where duplicate names are not an issue. Also pointing out that youre clueless is not really an insult, more a fact which you have proven now multiple times.

But please elaborate since you are soo much more informed what the difference is.

But please elaborate since you are soo much more informed what the difference is.
    You can't create more than 11 characters on your realm. But you can create 11 on each connected realm, which means you can have more than 11 characters on the connected realm. Because the home realms are just connected realms and not merged.

no thanks , finding groups at level 60 and its hell to level my alt level 35 +/- so many people still every where...

i would love some of that layering for questing lmoa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Slowly dying .. not dead.

It is slowly dying as expected. The whole point Blizzard over crowded realms was to ensure that the slow death had little impact on those realms.

Of course as always - impatience and demands from unknowing customers forced Blizzard to release servers they knew would be dead in a month.
    You can't say it's dying right now. Of course the amount of players will drop off, but this is likely to be people that are trying the game due to the hype or people that have come back and realised it's not like it used to be and have quit. The true test for "dying" will be to see how the game is getting on in a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't create more than 11 characters on your realm. But you can create 11 on each connected realm, which means you can have more than 11 characters on the connected realm. Because the home realms are just connected realms and not merged.
    But that eleven limit has been removed for quite some time now and even so that does not change any way how i can play with others, ten alts or not.

But that eleven limit has been removed for quite some time now and even so that does not change any way how i can play with others, ten alts or not.
    I'm not talking about the limit. I'm talking about the fact that the home servers still exist as separate entities and they have not been merged. They have been connected. The term is "connected". Merged means something else. You're just being obtuse on purpose now. This was my last post.

Well Blizzard is known to not give a damn about dead servers, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You can't say it's dying right now.
    Of course I can - I find saying true things to be immensely easy.

However, a healthy 18 year old kid is dying ... but they might still live to 100

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well - the fact they've been criticised by every man and his Tauren for trying to ensure they didn't happen suggests you are 100% incorrect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Not anymore, they want classic to be a success.

what they probably need to do is start merging layers into one. this phasing / layering thing is probably causing some weird inflation, I think ive noticed that each layer has its own rare spawns and chest spawns and ofc resource nodes so, yeah its totally exploitable. I dunno if anyone else has noticed how many chests you come across, because you're always in some untouched layer. I find world chests and rare spawns wayyyyy more often than i did back in the day. ive personally killed the same rare more than once just because i ended up in another layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There is no acceptable alternative to merging based on the no changes stance.
    Blizzard have never ever merged realms so merging is actually #changes.

Merging would be a complete shut show so it's understandable that they've never even considered in the last 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    what they probably need to do is start merging layers into one..
    This has been in their plan since the start.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why the obvious exaggeration and fail logic? Why compare seeing ppl in the world? Retail has 400x the content spread over 15 years, while in classic we have next to nothing. That's fine, it's what I expected and how I remember it, but you need to start being honest with yourself.
    why the obvious exaggeration and fail logic? why compare content spread when the quality and time investment in classic content is 999999999999999999999x as much as retail? you need to start being honest with yourself