Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

What If... They SKIP BC?

In my opinion, BC is a 'side story' and going to another planet so early in the life of an MMO was probably a mistake (don't get me wrong I love BC)...

What if Blizzard changed it up a bit. What if after Classic; they move straight to Wrath? BUT... Instead of grinding it out to 70 or 80 they introduce some other type of time constraint and leave us at 60... And never introduce flying mounts; or dungeon finder... Obviously a few aspects would have to be changed, places that require flying, etc.

So Wrath would just end up being a really long extension of Classic, basically.

I know demons are central to the Warcraft story, but to me it just feels like Blizzard went about it all wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    In my opinion, BC is a 'side story' and going to another planet so early in the life of an MMO was probably a mistake (don't get me wrong I love BC)...

What if Blizzard changed it up a bit. What if after Classic; they move straight to Wrath? BUT... Instead of grinding it out to 70 or 80 they introduce some other type of time constraint and leave us at 60... And never introduce flying mounts; or dungeon finder... Obviously a few aspects would have to be changed, places that require flying, etc.

I know demons are central to the Warcraft story, but to me it just feels like Blizzard went about it all wrong.
    Personally, I would be extremely disappointed. I found BC to be the best of the expansions. I still see Wrath as a very good expansion, but it was also the beginning of the "Go go go" nonsense that drives Retail and the beginning of the gutting of what made WoW an MMORPG.

I'm in the minority in this, but I think Wrath brought most of the decisions which destroyed the community in Wow - LFG tools, easy raids, cross-realm play. If they removed all that, it would be a great expansion indeed. But I think it's a lot more effort than they are willing to put in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats not gonna happen. If many peoples eyes, my own included, BC was the best expansion when it comes to doing the entire journey from first patch to last. The multiple tier of raiding is also very different from Vanilla/Classic, so its a completly different game.

Besides, you could say the same things about Wrath. There is really no reason to not do either BC or Wrath.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This idea crossed my mind...as i have ZERO intentions of playing TBC.

Zero, NADA

And never introduce flying mounts
    GL with doing any content in icecrown and storm peaks without flying

there is no way they will completely redo 2 zones just for the sake of removing flying

Why would they do that? First of all, why skip BC if they even want to go for another classic-type server and why remove some of the core features of the game?

i propose they skip BC, WOTLK and CATA since they all suck and continue with MOP.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Personally, I would be extremely disappointed. I found BC to be the best of the expansions. I still see Wrath as a very good expansion, but it was also the beginning of the "Go go go" nonsense that drives Retail and the beginning of the gutting of what made WoW an MMORPG.
    What I'm saying is, they get rid of the go go go. They basically just use the Wrath content as an extension of Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so easy for people to pretend like vanilla didn't have negatives.. the "go go go" shit was already present during vanilla. It's not a bc thing or a wrath thing or whatever you try to convince yourself of.

OT: Hypothetically speaking if they would re-design the maps to allow for better ground movement, going to Northrend instead of Outland could be kinda cool. I've always felt more of a "danger" vibe there compared to Outland anyway and it fits better in the classic theme imo.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I was somewhat okay with this until I got to the "never introduce flying mounts" part.

I have thought before that it'd make some sense to go straight from Classic to Wrath chronologically (you clear Naxx in Classic then move on to Wrath and continue the whole Scourge storyline without an expansion between the two) then move on to BC after Wrath is complete. Doing that with all the levels scaled up/down appropriately could be cool. So Wrath content 60-70 then BC content 70-80, I guess. It does feel weird to me that Classic focuses pretty heavily on the Scourge story, then you get a break from it in BC, then go back to it full force in Wrath. So I could maybe get on board with reversing the order that we do those two expansions.

But playing either BC or Wrath without flying would ruin a lot of things for me and is something I'm not interested in at all, and those were otherwise my two favorite expansions (loved more than Classic, even). Flying mounts added a lot of fun to the game for me.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-09-24 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I'm in the minority in this, but I think Wrath brought most of the decisions which destroyed the community in Wow - LFG tools, easy raids, cross-realm play. If they removed all that, it would be a great expansion indeed. But I think it's a lot more effort than they are willing to put in.
    Thing is, you are not in the minority. Wrath is hailed as a peak wow expack, yet it brought vendor purples, easier raids, dungeon finder, and many of the other things that retail haters cite as the downfall of the expansion. The rose tinted glasses just blind them to it. Its easier to hate BFA because those reasons, instead of acknowledge that those problems started from Wrath onward.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blizzard has been pretty adamant about #NoChanges, and this sounds like big changes to me.

So, no.

What they do next will depend on player populations and daily logins a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    GL with doing any content in icecrown and storm peaks without flying

there is no way they will completely redo 2 zones just for the sake of removing flying
    if they put a little rocket in barrens to cross the fissure, im sure they can do somthing simple like little goblin rockets alone the cliffs of stormpeaks and in various spots of icecrown, or even the grapple hook from legion. Though icecrown didnt need flying as much as SP. Most of icecrown is accessible on the ground, the only hard thing was the mob density. I think that would be more interesting to fight or sneak your way past a hoard of zombies, rather then casually fly over it. SP they could add in the legion grapple hook. or goblin jump packs

leave us at 60
    Obviously a few aspects would have to be changed
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""a few""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Completely re-tuning the entirety of two expacs' worth of content to be level 60 instead of 70/80 would be a massive undertaking. And for what? To please some tiny minority of people who REEEE at anything higher than level 60?

No, give us regular TBC.

I personally dont mind this.. Wrath is my fav expac, and it would be a whole lot better if it had the same mentality of vanilla.

Im a no flying advocate. I only really accept flying in BC as an expansion feature since it was a reward for playing the expac, that unlocked even more content when you get it. and even more content at epic flying. (shartari / netherwing)

Other then BC, there is no expac that flying is a good thing in. You could say Wrath for stormpeaks or icecrown, but there are ways around that that dont include flying. see my comment above for that. Cata zones are the same. then from there all other expacs were designed with running in mind before flying and are all accessable without flying. Flying is not needed and harms the game rather then helps it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Then I wouldn't play it.

I only supported Classic to get TBC, I don't care for Classic or Wrath.

I would rather have TBC instead of classic, as it retains mechanics, but has everything better and WotLK is a new beast, which would be fun to play again

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    WotLK was the WoW 2.0 we needed at the time, but looking back you might be right.