Veteran of the Fourth War

So the achievement you get for finishing the War Campaign references this being the 4th war. So including Warcraft 1, 2, & 3, plus Garrosh's war in MoP, which war are we not counting in order for the Battle for Azeroth to be considered only the 4th one? Or is ALL of WoW to be considered the 4th war and this now marks the end of it, as in the end of the faction war, period?
    /Catchphrase!

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    So the achievement you get for finishing the War Campaign references this being the 4th war. So including Warcraft 1, 2, & 3, plus Garrosh's war in MoP, which war are we not counting in order for the Battle for Azeroth to be considered only the 4th one? Or is ALL of WoW to be considered the 4th war and this now marks the end of it, as in the end of the faction war, period?
    If the latter is the case, the achievement shouldn't require you to finish the war campaign at all. You can participate in 1 battle and be a veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    If the latter is the case, the achievement shouldn't require you to finish the war campaign at all. You can participate in 1 battle and be a veteran.
    I think its more a reference to the Horde/Ally conflict finally being over. (atleast for some time)

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems kinda random how the Garrosh conflict wasn't considered as the 4th war

Or the invasion of the Legion as the 5th
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    it should be the fifth war, they just missed, but didn't correct for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they should have just made the title 'Veteran of the Blood War' as that was the official name for the BFA war. It feels like all they've done is now add additional confusion. I guess it's also a confirmation that it really is the fourth war though *shrug*.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is meant as the conclusion to the overarching Alliance vs. Horde war. The war didn't end with the truce to fight the Twilight's Hammer and Deathwing, as it instead immediately picked back up in Mists. It didn't end after they both united to take down Garrosh, especially considering how tense that scene was when Thrall appointed Vol'jin. On Draenor the factions were hardly on friendly terms, and then Genn proceeded to really kick the conflict back into high gear amidst the Legion conflict.

Saurfang managed to miraculously draw to a close one very lengthy war. Quite an amazing feat of strength for an old meme.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if the "Fourth War" includes the Alliance-Horde war that was going on in Cata & MoP, which was supposed to have come to a close at the end of SoO.

By default however, I have to assume it's referring to the Blood War, A.K.A. the portion of the faction conflict which spans Battle for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    This is the only time in WoW where war was officially declared, so it is the 4th war. Kinda like Vietnam wasnt a war, but a conflict. All other faction conflicts in WoW prior to bfa were just conflicts. War was never officially declared in those conflicts. Even SoO was just deposing a tyrant, not a war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    I think it is meant as the conclusion to the overarching Alliance vs. Horde war. The war didn't end with the truce to fight the Twilight's Hammer and Deathwing, as it instead immediately picked back up in Mists. It didn't end after they both united to take down Garrosh, especially considering how tense that scene was when Thrall appointed Vol'jin. On Draenor the factions were hardly on friendly terms, and then Genn proceeded to really kick the conflict back into high gear amidst the Legion conflict.

Saurfang managed to miraculously draw to a close one very lengthy war. Quite an amazing feat of strength for an old meme.
    War was never declared prior to BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    War was never declared prior to BfA.
    We had already been at war since Wotlk. Everyone just went all in again at the start of Bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Seems kinda random how the Garrosh conflict wasn't considered as the 4th war

Or the invasion of the Legion as the 5th
    SoO was considered the Horde civil war

Legion I have no clue. I guess it was just considered an invasion since the Alliance and Horde got destroyed at the Broken Shore and class champions pretty much are the ones who stopped the Legion