Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What Exactly Does Sylvanas Want?

I've played Forsaken exclusively since WoW launched and I love Sylvanas, but this whole expansion has left me confused...

I guess I understand that she's in it for personal gain, but that doesn't really make sense to me. It seems the first half of BFA was her trying to destroy the Alliance and any hope they had (big fiery tree, crippling the Alli fleet by leading them to Nazjatar) so as to bolster the Horde. Though now it seems she did it because..... Why exactly?

I need someone to explain to me why she would/could be doing this. what did I miss?

5+ Year Old Account
    I would like to also add that the more she “died” it has had a negative effect on her.

It’s seems to have made her hate life and “fate” in general. She seems to wants revenge against existences it self.

On top of possibly serving some death god/entity.

Also, it’s in chronicles about some undead being consumed by hate towards life.

Did they ever explain why Vol'jin chose Sylvanas? Was he tricked?

I think her ultimate plan, even beyond "feeding Death" (her "master") is perhaps mastering Death itself, IE: beating it so she doesn't have to suffer eternally as she saw Arthas suffering the second time she died. If she becomes the Master of Death itself, she won't have to atone for all her evils in Undeath and be subject of its subjugation, but become the subjugator herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IdowhatIwant View Post
    Not yet, so that makes him look like not only the most forgettable Warchief who did nothing, but also the dumbest. Most signs point to him being "tricked" which still makes him look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post
    I've played Forsaken exclusively since WoW launched and I love Sylvanas, but this whole expansion has left me confused...

I guess I understand that she's in it for personal gain, but that doesn't really make sense to me. It seems the first half of BFA was her trying to destroy the Alliance and any hope they had (big fiery tree, crippling the Alli fleet by leading them to Nazjatar) so as to bolster the Horde. Though now it seems she did it because..... Why exactly?

I need someone to explain to me why she would/could be doing this. what did I miss?
    Sylvanas has a problem that if she dies again, she will suffer for eternity. She has to deal with whoever is bringing her soul there in the afterlife. Turns out the quest she is working on can solve that problem. Her quest is to fight the void (old god). The old god (i think nzoth) is planning something to wreck azeroth and I think manipulate the living? Sylvannas plan is to have lots of deads (maybe to create undeads or idk) to counter the old god's plan. Death and life united to fight the void. Night elves will be pissed when they realise the Elune allowed the burning of teldrassil to happen.
    Something like that. May someone with more knowledge confirm or fix some parts.

A stake through the skull.

Maximise casualties from both sides for a yet unknown reason

Quote Originally Posted by roberts282 View Post

it is not revealed yet what end-goal of sylvanas actually is, but so far she said that she wants people to die, she want's n'zoth unleashed to kill even more people, why ? we don't know yet. most likely some emo-shit about living beeing suffering and un-death beeing true form of existence,or something like that. i feel that her "nothing lasts" will resonate in future story of wow, perhaps it is prelude to the soft reset of wow

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I think her ultimate plan, even beyond "feeding Death" (her "master") is perhaps mastering Death itself, IE: beating it so she doesn't have to suffer eternally as she saw Arthas suffering the second time she died. If she becomes the Master of Death itself, she won't have to atone for all her evils in Undeath and be subject of its subjugation, but become the subjugator herself.
    she said somethign about having "master" ? because as far as i know she is doing that for her own selfish reasons, wich also fits her character
    Last edited by brt2pp; 2019-09-25 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Maximise casualties from both sides for a yet unknown reason
    Well, when you can raise them as your loyal servants - which we've seen her kind of employ now and then rather than giving Forsaken free will (which she's started to seem opposed to when they don't follow her loyally) - then maximum casualties increases your loyal followers and eliminates those who oppose you.

Not yet, so that makes him look like not only the most forgettable Warchief who did nothing, but also the dumbest. Most signs point to him being "tricked" which still makes him look stupid.
    There is a questline where he realizes it wasn't the loa who told him to choose Sylvanas and so he goes looking for the various beings who have power over death (Bwonsamdi, Lich King, and the head Valkyr chick from Legion) asking if they were the ones who told him to do it.

None of them did and so it is suggested that there is a forth entity out there with power over death (aka: Sylvanas' boss).

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, when you can raise them as your loyal servants - which we've seen her kind of employ now and then rather than giving Forsaken free will (which she's started to seem opposed to when they don't follow her loyally) - then maximum casualties increases your loyal followers and eliminates those who oppose you.
    I dont think so. At the end of the loyalist cinematic she says they've gone to the 'hungering dark' nothing about more people to raise and she says the end of the war doesn't matter since Nzoth will still kill many.

So long as people are dying she seems happy. Not that she needs to be able to personally raise them

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he has an entire questline dedicated to that.

He was tricked by someone dark and powerful.

Formerly known as Arafal

In one of the cutscenes, she said it herself "... and then only I will control death."

Nope. There's a quest we go with baine try talk with Vol'jin spirit, he is in danger where he is and he doesn't know or remember much but that wasn't any loa. Then we asked Bwonsamdi if it was him, and he kinda said that he despises her and that made it pretty clear it wasn't him too, that she has nothing he wants as well. No bargain.

So we still don't know.

Deep inside she didnt want the warchief mantle and the only thing she could do under the given circumstances - with Azerite popping out - was to wage war. Then it all went pretty poorly, she couldnt control herself, had a teenager outburst and she was just fed up, said fuck yall im out, and poofed away Houdini style to live happily with Nathanos
    S.H.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not yet.
    *ahem*

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    There is a questline where he realizes it wasn't the loa who told him to choose Sylvanas and so he goes looking for the various beings who have power over death (Bwonsamdi, Lich King, and the head Valkyr chick from Legion) asking if they were the ones who told him to do it.

None of them did and so it is suggested that there is a forth entity out there with power over death (aka: Sylvanas' boss).
    Ah, I remember that now, who may or may not end up being a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I dont think so. At the end of the loyalist cinematic she says they've gone to the 'hungering dark' nothing about more people to raise and she says the end of the war doesn't matter since Nzoth will still kill many.

So long as people are dying she seems happy. Not that she needs to be able to personally raise them
    Hmmm, then yeah, I'd lean towards some "feeding the ____ souls" angle to pop up later.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    she said somethign about having "master" ? because as far as i know she is doing that for her own selfish reasons, wich also fits her character
    I believe she speaks of her master metaphorically, as "feeding Death" but I guess she could be her own master.