... LastLast
    maybe for 2 specs like demon hunter.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I am pretty convinced Dark Ranger is happening at this point. Especially given the Sylvanas murloc pet for BlizzCon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How would it be the same? I mean do you consider Unholy Death Knights, Afflic Warlocks and Shadow Priests all have the same gameplay because they use Shadow DoTs?

What are you assuming here exactly, especially if 'It's all shadow, who cares'?
    Well no. DKs have entirely instant cast spells and they mix it with melee.

Warlocks are a caster with a pet

Shadow Priest is pure caster.

I'm assuming that there's no difference gameplay-wise between Shadow Void and Shadow Death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They're not the same.

In lore, "shadow magic" is Void magic. But, in game mechanics, "shadow magic" encompasses void, fel and necromancy magic. Just like "fire magic" encompasses magical fire, and the fire from a simple campfire in game mechanics. How "nature magic" encompasses nature, wind, lightning and earth in game mechanics.

The fact you feel justified to say "who cares" says a lot about you and how much you care about lore, despite your claims about how much your class idea would 'improve lore' and stuff like that.

Either you care about lore, or you don't, Teriz. You can't cherry pick when it matters and when it doesn't.
    Okay, so again, gameplay-wise how would they be different? For example, how is Warlock's Shadow magic different than a Shadow Priest's Shadow magic gameplay-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

I'm assuming that there's no difference gameplay-wise between Shadow Void and Shadow Death.
    What is the gameplay of Shadow Void and Shadow Death exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Portal instead of factory. So yeah another reskin.
    A portal is a reskin of a physical object?

Okay.

Toggle in a game where you don't need as much balance for pvp.
    Druids have a toggle. What's the big deal?

Cluster Rocket- you mean like several skills that already exist in wow. I added the goblin skill in case you needed rockets in the graphics which was your lame excuse for pocket factory because you couldn't refute it otherwise.
    Well no, Cluster Rocket is an actual skill in WoW and it isn't assigned to the profession or is it the racial;

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=136284/cluster-rocket

Half of 4 skills with one being a passive?
    Well no, there's also the HotS Tinker's abilities, and only 2 of those are explosives. Deth Lazor, Rock-It Turret, Salvager, and the Shield ability aren't. Combine that with Engineering Upgrade and Robo-Goblin that's 6 non-explosive abilities versus the 4 explosive-based abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the gameplay of Shadow Void and Shadow Death exactly?
    Shadow blasts, DoTs, Raising shadow-based minions, fading, teleporting, etc.

Okay, so again, gameplay-wise how would they be different? For example, how is Warlock's Shadow magic different than a Shadow Priest's Shadow magic gameplay-wise.
    ... Are you saying you think the gameplay of the warlock and the priest's shadow spec are the same? I honestly hope not. Because it would mean that you not only don't seem to care about lore, but you also have a very limited grasp of how game mechanics actually work in WoW.

Teriz, what makes two classes, or even just two specs, have different gameplay from one-another is not just "one thing". It's a combination of many different factors: it's the character theme, character concept, mechanics, passives, active abilities, mastery, interaction between active and passive abilities, spec role, etc.

What you're basically doing here is asking how can the warlock's destruction spec be different, gameplay-wise, from the mage's fire spec.

Dark ranger won't be a thing. All they will do is add the raised nightelves and possible raised bloodelves as an allied race. Then you can select the class for them. They won't put time with inventing a new class when you already have hunters. Forsaken can already be hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Are you saying you think the gameplay of the warlock and the priest's shadow spec are the same? I honestly hope not. Because it would mean that you not only don't seem to care about lore, but you also have a very limited grasp of how game mechanics actually work in WoW.
    No, I'm simply asking how Shadow Word: Pain is different than Agony?

What you're basically doing here is asking how can the warlock's destruction spec be different, gameplay-wise, from the mage's fire spec.
    No, I'm asking how is a Destro Warlock's fire spell is different than a Mage's fire spell.

Where are the abilities? I don't see any of these anywhere on Dark Rangers.

Like you said, Black Arrow is a Hunter ability right? What Dark Ranger in WoW has shadow minions? Or teleports? Or fades?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the abilities? I don't see any of these anywhere on Dark Rangers.

Like you said, Black Arrow is a Hunter ability right? What Dark Ranger in WoW has shadow minions? Or teleports? Or fades?
    Well that's another issue; Only Sylvanas has demonstrated shadow projection abilities. Other Dark Rangers are just Forsaken MM Hunters.

A portal is a reskin of a physical object?

Okay.

Druids have a toggle. What's the big deal?

Well no, Cluster Rocket is an actual skill in WoW and it isn't assigned to the profession or is it the racial;

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=136284/cluster-rocket

Well no, there's also the HotS Tinker's abilities, and only 2 of those are explosives. Deth Lazor, Rock-It Turret, Salvager, and the Shield ability aren't. Combine that with Engineering Upgrade and Robo-Goblin that's 6 non-explosive abilities versus the 4 explosive-based abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus dude what don't you understand a portal is a Magic device that brings a bunch of imps to the battlefield. If you reskinned a tech ability as magic what would you use? a tiny imp whorehouse?

If you are unhappy with my comparison to Avatar then will you accept your own acknowledgement of it being a reskin of a druid form?

I don't see the wow spell cluster rocket stunning anything. So either my comparisons work or you only care about the name/look of an ability and not what it actually does. either way you lose. And as a side note it means that it already exists in game the same reason you were bitching why Dark Ranger doesn't work as a class.

Gazlowe is classed Engineer not tinker. So either you lose your entire class or you gotta ignore the Hots skills.......
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-09-28 at 03:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Jesus dude what don't you understand a portal is a Magic device that brings a bunch of imps to the battlefield. If you reskinned a tech ability as magic what would you use? a tiny imp whorehouse?
    No, I understand it perfectly. What I'm saying to you is that a Portal is not a destructible object, and imps are robotic goblins. Additionally, Clockwerk Goblins are mechanical and melee, while Imps are Demonic and ranged.

If your unhappy with my comparison to Avatar then will you accept your own acknowledgement of it being a reskin of a druid form?
    Well no, because a vehicle is not the same as a Bear or cat. For example, a Tinker mech could self destruct, or the pilot could park and eject from his parked vehicle. You can't do that with Druid forms.

I don't see the wow spell cluster rocket stunning anything. So either my comparisons work or you only care about the name/look of an ability and not what it actually does. either way you lose.
    Cluster Rocket could lose its stun for balance purposes, but you don't "win" because of that. Your argument is that non-related abilities are in fact Cluster Rocket's replacement. In reality, Cluster Rocket is an already existing ability in the game that doesn't exist in Engineering or in the Goblin Racial.

Gazlowe is classed Engineer not tinker. So either you lose your entire class or you gotta ignore the Hots skills.......
    Tinkers are engineers.

No, I'm simply asking how Shadow Word: Pain is different than Agony?

No, I'm asking how is a Destro Warlock's fire spell is different than a Mage's fire spell.
    how is a tinker different from a gnome hunter with a mech pet? you can spec SV and throw bombs, or spec MM and rapid fire and barrage bullets. it would just be a reskin with rockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    how is a tinker different from a gnome hunter with a mech pet? you can spec SV and throw bombs, or spec MM and rapid fire and barrage bullets. it would just be a reskin with rockets.
    1. Tinkers pilot mechs.
    2. Tinkers utilize a variety of bombs, not just one.
    3. Tinkers don't have mechanical pets, they have mechanical summons.
    4. Tinkers more than likely don't use bows or guns, they would use devices.

It should be noted that the SV Bomb is in the melee spec. So you won't be tossing bombs while also firing a barrage of bullets.

Just saying.

1. Tinkers pilot mechs.
    2. Tinkers utilize a variety of bombs, not just one.
    3. Tinkers don't have mechanical pets, they have mechanical summons.
    4. Tinkers more than likely don't use bows or guns, they would use devices.

It should be noted that the SV Bomb is in the melee spec. So you won't be tossing bombs while also firing a barrage of bullets.

Just saying.
    how is this different gameplay-wise to a demo lock?

Ergh... it does feel like they are preparing for Dark rangers. This new "magic" thing Sylvanas is using being the big hint they are exploring avenues to make up new stuff in order to make different specs. Also, she did use melee weapons, like someone here sugested before. It does seem like a melee spec and ranged spec can happen.

Effin boring though. Just MM and rogue with more darky bits. Are we gonna keep doing only death/fel/void new classes? Sick of seeing Tinker shafted when theres so much more material to make a great class there.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this different gameplay-wise to a demo lock?
    Physical ranged versus caster ranged. Probably a mech suit allowing boosting or some other form of upgraded mobility.

Also when I say robotic summons, i'm talking about Clockwork Goblins/Gnomes from pocket factory and turrets. There will be no permanent pets like the Felguard to leech life from.

Physical ranged versus caster ranged. Probably a mech suit allowing boosting or some other form of upgraded mobility.

Also when I say robotic summons, i'm talking about Clockwork Goblins/Gnomes from pocket factory and turrets. There will be no permanent pets like the Felguard to leech life from.
    nah we already have BM hunter that's a physical ranged and uses temp summons. dire beast, crows, stampede, spitting cobra. can't just have a robot reskin of an existing class. we also have plenty of mech mounts that everyone already uses so that wouldn't be very unique either sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Ergh... it does feel like they are preparing for Dark rangers. This new "magic" thing Sylvanas is using being the big hint they are exploring avenues to make up new stuff in order to make different specs. Also, she did use melee weapons, like someone here sugested before. It does seem like a melee spec and ranged spec can happen.

Effin boring though. Just MM and rogue with more darky bits. Are we gonna keep doing only death/fel/void new classes? Sick of seeing Tinker shafted when theres so much more material to make a great class there.
    Well the problem is that the Hunter class also has a melee spec, and we're not sure where Sylvanas is drawing that Shadow power from, much less if its transferable to minions that she raises.

That said, we'll see in a month. I'll accept any class as long as it isn't necromancers.

- - - Updated - - -

nah we already have BM hunter that's a physical ranged and uses temp summons. dire beast, crows, stampede, spitting cobra. can't just have a robot reskin of an existing class.
    That's quite a reach considering that the basis of BM Hunters are the permanent pets and summoning swarms of animal companions. Again, Tinkers don't have permanent pets, and summoning a factory or a turret isn't the same as summoning crows, wolves, and snakes.

As for the physical ranged portion, there's nothing like Buster Canon, Gravity Bomb, Deth Lazor, or Flamethrower available in the BM spec, much less the Hunter class. Sorry.

we also have plenty of mech mounts that everyone already uses so that wouldn't be very unique either sorry.
    I certainly hope you know the difference between a character that can fight in groups, dungeons, and raids while piloting a mech, and a mount that vanishes when you get bit by a forest spider or when you walk inside a building.

I certainly hope you know the difference between a character that can fight in groups, dungeons, and raids while piloting a mech, and a mount that vanishes when you get bit by a forest spider or when you walk inside a building.
    just saying, anything can be overgeneralized if you try hard enough.