Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Classic topics seem to drive me to want to drink away the stupid more than retail has for a good many years. I find that pretty weird.

Also. If you're the only one with the key to UBRS in group, does that mean you get every piece of loot dropped? I mean, without you, no one could be doing the dungeon in the first place.
    Don't try to call out the shitty behavior of rogue players. They literally don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    bs and engi are professions
    Lockpicking isn't.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Not starting this thread as a topic to actual discuss or insulting classic in anyway, but instead, to give you some entertainment watching it.
    This is a discussion forum...

You're basically just promoting this YouTuber who made a career from copying other people's ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Lockpicking isn't.
    irrelevant, you dont roll for all nodes in the instance, miners keep ore to themself, skinners gets skins, BS gets chest, engi gets chest, rogue gets chest etc.
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-29 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    And if we didn't clear the elite mobs from the entrance to the chest, the rogue wouldn't get to open it.

10+ Year Old Account
    irrelevant, you dont roll for all nodes in the instance, miners keep ore to themself, skinners gets skins, BS gets chest, engi gets chest, rogue gets chest etc.
    No, Lockpicking is not a profession, I say this as a Rogue of 15 years, you're just being greedy.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ....if you held a gun to my head, in 2005 / 2006 I would have know the reputation of 2 people from Alliance, because they had a notoriously good pvp group and maybe 5 guys outside my own raiding guild on Horde side.

But maybe on other servers somebody kept track of the reputation that all 5000 or so other guys had ^^
    People who pugged a lot did know the repeat, notorious ninjas. Not the one guy who rolled Need that oe time but the people who did it a lot in pugs got a rep, at least on my server. The thing is... most of us didn't pug that much. Guilds were a much bigger part of running stuff, combined with friends lists.

No, Lockpicking is not a profession, I say this as a Rogue of 15 years, you're just being greedy.
    it doesn't matter if it is or not a profession
    you unlock the node you keep it

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't matter if it is or not a profession
    you unlock the node you keep it
    Lockpicking is not a profession, locked chests are not profession nodes.

Lockpicking is not a profession, locked chests are not profession nodes.
    locked chests can be unlocked by profession = profession nodes
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because that ever mattered to begin with

The weirdest thing in classic is the unrealistic belief that "server reputation" ever amounted to anything more than piss in a bucket. Even back in the day when vanilla was live. People cheated and ninjad and ganked/camped and there never was some big 'social Justice' mob to shun the person from society or whatever weird consequences they think happened.

The truth is some mad nerd made a forum post, people bitched for a week at most, then the whole server forgot the name of the culprit.
    I dunno, there's a guy on Bloodsail Buccaneers that pretty much shot himself in the foot because he decided to be an asshole to a select few people by taking loot for offpsec from people who needed it, being toxic in general and word spread pretty fast. Last I heard he was trying to find a raiding guild but whenever he got turned down and asked why, he'd reply with some super toxic responses when that all got brought up. Anecdotal, sure, but it's a prime example.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I dunno, there's a guy on Bloodsail Buccaneers that pretty much shot himself in the foot because he decided to be an asshole to a select few people by taking loot for offpsec from people who needed it, being toxic in general and word spread pretty fast. Last I heard he was trying to find a raiding guild but whenever he got turned down and asked why, he'd reply with some super toxic responses when that all got brought up. Anecdotal, sure, but it's a prime example.
    There is also a hunter from Chromie, who is dead silent everywhere, but participates in pugs, and continuously rolls need on boe gear. Snatched that fire damage hat last time i've seen him, and yet he keeps appearing in pugs somehow and keeps doing it, then selling these boes in /1 and ignoring people who start ruckus about him being ninja. My guildie have seen him in MC last night, told RL about it, he said that he doesn't believe him and doesn't give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

locked chests can be unlocked by processions = profession nodes
    Imagine needing to defend having shitty behavior THIS HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Imagine needing to defend having shitty behavior THIS HARD.
    pretty much everyone agrees that you don't roll on nodes so that's normal behaviour

pretty much everyone agrees that you don't roll on nodes so that's normal behaviour
    I dont roll on it either, but if i notice there is some one else who gather the Herb or Ore, then i suggsest to the person that that we gather in succession.

He gets one, than i get the next, then he again and so on....

No they really don't. I've been in plenty of dungeons where if there were two miners, they either took turns or rolled for the nodes. You're just an incredibly greedy and selfish person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    I dont roll on it either, but if i notice there is some one else who gather the Herb or Ore, then i suggsest to the person that that we gather in succession.

He gets one, than i get the next, then he again and so on....
    yeah, of course, thats a normal as well, if there are multiple people able to use given node they obviously roll for it etc

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No they really don't. I've been in plenty of dungeons where if there were two miners, they either took turns or rolled for the nodes. You're just an incredibly greedy and selfish person.

see above, if there are more people, they roll (or agree to take turns) i already said that in previous posts
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Skinning gives material for Leatherworking, which the Skinner doesn't have to be and someone in the group could be. The same is true of both other professions (Mining --> Blacksmithing, Herbalism --> Alchemy).

The materials benefits another profession; the person may or may not benefit from that. What the Rogue gets out of a chest he may or may not benefit from.

Of course, if there's a Blacksmith in the group and has Skeleton keys, the Rogue and BS should be rolling. And the winner gets to unlock and keep the contents.
    Hence the 'usually'. Most of the time, people do not pick Leatherworking without being a skinner as well. Same for the other professions. To do that, you either need an alt supplying you, or you just buy the mats from the auction house to begin with. In my experience, those cases are fairly rare and the person in question could just speak up and ask for the share. Meanwhile, the rogue not 'need'ing the items in the chest is much more likely. And if a Rogue agrees to need before greed, I really don't see why that wouldn't apply to items from chests.

The weird things in this WoW video have literally been common knowledge for years.

Boys and Girl, we are in 2019. The role based loot discussion is out of date. You don't have to set you mind and mentality back to 2005.

Tanks and healers have the same rights in needing dps gear like dps classes. Not any person has the time to farm pre raid best in slot. If an item drops which gives you an upgrade, go for it. Maybe you get something better at the same day or maybe 4 weeks later. I mean this is classic, some items require allota attempts to drop.