View Poll Results: Will you renew your Classic subscription?

Voters
614. This poll is closed
  • I subbed for Classic and am renewing.

310 50.49%
  • I subbed for Classic and am not renewing.

55 8.96%
  • Already subbed for retail/not subbed at all recently/results only/other

249 40.55%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ive posted this before, but of the 6 or so people ive added to real id since classic started only 1 is still playing. Everyone else has been off for at least a week now. It seems 60 is just kind of the end point for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    how much can each server support because with around 30k people per server with around 40 servers that would give 1.2 million, how much is each layer as it cant be too high as the world is not that large if more than 5k players were logged in at the same time, blizz are only wanting to have 1 layer at most per server.
    Ppl don't play all at the same time, on the same days, permanently. Your estimate might be remotly valid to figure out many concurrent players can be supported at a single time, but in no means reflects the total amount of players engaged.
    Last edited by voidillusion; 2019-10-01 at 09:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Haven't been subbed for a fair few months now, mildly considering subbing for a month for the anniversary goodies on current, not touching classic.
    Then why the fuck are you here posting this?
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    How is more than double of actual retail population paying sub specifically for Classic an indication of actual numbers? Gee, I don't even know, maybe they just like paying $15 to corporations for nothing.
    and where are you getting these numbers since blizzard have not published anything, numbers from some random site mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Ppl don't play all at the same time, on the same days, permanently. Your estimate might be remotly valid to figure out many concurrent players can be supported at a single time, but in no means reflects the total amount of players engaged.
    if there was that many players subbed just due to classic blizzard wouldnt hesitate in posting those numbers but they dont post anything anymore apart from the bare minimum
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-10-01 at 02:35 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Then why the fuck are you here posting this?
    Because I've poured 14+ years into the game and I'm therefore interested in its future. Also this is a forum where people can give their opinions. I happen to have an opinion.

I'd argue that a better poll would read as such...

[ ] I subbed for Classic and I am renewing. (still enjoying Classic play)
    [ ] I subbed for Classic and am not renewing. (it was fun while it lasted, but grew bored with it)
    [ ] Already subbed for retail & playing classic and retail both. (Living in the past and the present)
    [ ] Already subbed for retail & playing retail only. (Classic/Vanilla is dead to me)
    [ ] Already subbed for retail & playing classic only. (Classic has made WoW fun again, and I've not touched my Retail since release)

Had over an year of sub before classic. Playing both.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How is more than double of actual retail population paying sub specifically for Classic an indication of actual numbers? Gee, I don't even know, maybe they just like paying $15 to corporations for nothing.
    Given that your using made up numbers and made up intent it really is an indication of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already subbed but I am starting to feel the fatigue set in. I will keep playing it for sure because I want to get to 60 on at least 1 character (42 right now) but man. Lot of other games coming out that are fighting for my attention now. I have been having a blast reliving the past though. Made me remember how much I truly love this game and has even resparked a lot of my love for retail.

and where are you getting these numbers since blizzard have not published anything, numbers from some random site mean nothing.
    Let me show you the difference between numbers from random site and actual data.
    doubtful if even 1 million are playing classic across all regions
    This statement is pulled out of your ass.
    Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE:NLSN) announced it has completed its acquisition of SuperData Research
    In 2018, American Marketing Association ranked Nielsen number 1 among the top 50 Market Research Firms in the United States.
    This is reliable data.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Let me show you the difference between numbers from random site and actual data.

This statement is pulled out of your ass.

This is reliable data.
    it is not reliable data as it does not come directly from blizzard, blizzard dont publish sub numbers anymore so how can a random site not involved with blizzard have accurate information, even in the full yearly financials it does not give any information to even estimate sub numbers or income.

Classic has brought some players back for a limited time but it wont keep many players for long.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

"How we do what we do

Through proprietary data partnerships we collect point-of-sale and event data from publishers, developers, and payment service providers. This allows us to base our analyses on the monthly spending of over 160 million unique, paying digital gamers, worldwide. This makes us the only provider to offer insights into the age of personal media using transaction-level data that is truly comprehensive and cross-platform."

Maybe this helps you understand how they gather that data, it's quite easy to understand actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Blizzard hasn't said shit about BfA being lower population than Classic. But whatever. You're obviously a rabid Classic fan so there's no point trying to argue with you since you won't listen to logic

- - - Updated - - -

Some third party site said that, not Blizzard themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullular makes videos that get the clicks. His information was based off a third party site and not Blizzard themselves. If you actually take his words are 100% truth, you're an idiot.
    Do you know what website he gets his information from? You should look into it. It's a legit website, and not a fucking random article off Forbes. You're so angry though bro, why is that? I rarely post here yet when I do I always see you furiously typing away how everyone is a moron or other insult. Life isn't so bad bro, step away from the computer for awhile. Now Ill wait as you reply smashing your chubby fingers on the keys to tell me how retarded I am. Actually better yet I'll just drop an ignore on you. Life is so much better when not having to even hear from people like yourself. Probably why I rarely come around this toxic place anymore. So go head get the last word in bro. Yell to the wind how wrong I am! Rabble rabble rabble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, you want separate subs so people who are interested in both have to pay double instead of Blizz having the sub be for both games? That’s intelligent.
    Ah, Bellular, the man who has some good ideas at times yet also jumps on bandwagons with little to no research (yes, I’m referring to the infamous ticket app fiasco that anyone with a brain and reading comprehension laughed at). As pointed out in another thread (maybe earlier in this one) Blizzard doesn’t publish sub numbers. There’s no way for anyone to know how Classic increased sub count. Even if there was, people are blatantly ignoring the fact that some people probably resubbed for .5, the upcoming anniversary event, and the new RAF.
    First off. I do want separate subs if that means my own sub drops because I quite frankly don't give a shit about BFA players like they don't about classic ones. And if that means we lose people playing both, I'm game.

Second, you can check the website he linked. It's legit. You can see where they get their info from, it isn't a random forbes article. As for the man himself I dont know him or his past, I just know the site. I also know every WoW eceleb is despised by people here which always made me chuckle. Theres never been one that this community doesnt shit on. Be it Preach, Asmongold, Swifty, or even Belluar now. It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Do you know what website he gets his information from? You should look into it. It's a legit website, and not a fucking random article off Forbes. You're so angry though bro, why is that? I rarely post here yet when I do I always see you furiously typing away how everyone is a moron or other insult. Life isn't so bad bro, step away from the computer for awhile. Now Ill wait as you reply smashing your chubby fingers on the keys to tell me how retarded I am. Actually better yet I'll just drop an ignore on you. Life is so much better when not having to even hear from people like yourself. Probably why I rarely come around this toxic place anymore. So go head get the last word in bro. Yell to the wind how wrong I am! Rabble rabble rabble.

- - - Updated - - -

First off. I do want separate subs if that means my own sub drops because I quite frankly don't give a shit about BFA players like they don't about classic ones. And if that means we lose people playing both, I'm game.

Second, you can check the website he linked. It's legit. You can see where they get their info from, it isn't a random forbes article. As for the man himself I dont know him or his past, I just know the site. I also know every WoW eceleb is despised by people here which always made me chuckle. Theres never been one that this community doesnt shit on. Be it Preach, Asmongold, Swifty, or even Belluar now. It's funny.
    "I'm gonna insult the hell out of you with my post after asking you why you're so angry!" Typical. Regardless, it's a third party website and not Blizzard themselves. They base things off conjecture and not facts. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

"How we do what we do

Through proprietary data partnerships we collect point-of-sale and event data from publishers, developers, and payment service providers. This allows us to base our analyses on the monthly spending of over 160 million unique, paying digital gamers, worldwide. This makes us the only provider to offer insights into the age of personal media using transaction-level data that is truly comprehensive and cross-platform."

Maybe this helps you understand how they gather that data, it's quite easy to understand actually.
    Blizzard only release revenue numbers anymore. They never release sub numbers. So based on how that company does things, they're making assumptions based on revenue and disregards Blizzard's other income. Blizzard makes money from subs, the in-game shop, hearthstone, and Overwatch. So there is absolutely no way for that website to accurately say what Blizzard sub numbers are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    For those who waited until the day of Classic's release to resubscribe, today is the day that you need to renew that subscription. Will you? I did!
    I'm not, because there's people like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Of course! Classic is the best game I played since TBC. I would pay 20x subscription if needed.
    The brainwashed or people who never played anything besides WoW. I don't want to be around them anymore.

Blizzard only release revenue numbers anymore. They never release sub numbers. So based on how that company does things, they're making assumptions based on revenue and disregards Blizzard's other income. Blizzard makes money from subs, the in-game shop, hearthstone, and Overwatch. So there is absolutely no way for that website to accurately say what Blizzard sub numbers are.
    Yup, as i thought, you didnt still understand how they do it. They collect the data the reverse way, example: they have the amount of transactions from paypal to blizz, and/or they have the data from sites that sell gametime cards, etcetcetc

It may not be from the horses mouth, but in this case it's pretty accurate since the company is actually reliable.

For me it's simple, i would be playing but because the server i'm on is so full, i can't quest without having to fight over every mob ... and that's just not fun. And yeah, there are only 3 EU-EN PvE realms, it's not like i have much of a choice there....so i just level by killing random mobs while rested...i'm 41 now, and i guess imma hit 60 in 2-3 months or so. Really nothing like the experience i had in late Vanilla on a low-pop realm, lol. I used to run into a same-level player once in a blue moon in most zones, now there's people EVERYWHERE thanks to the questing addons, lol, even on the most unpopular zones for questing like Swamp of Sorrows on the Alliance side, haha.

Yup, as i thought, you didnt still understand how they do it. They collect the data the reverse way, example: they have the amount of transactions from paypal to blizz, and/or they have the data from sites that sell gametime cards, etcetcetc

It may not be from the horses mouth, but in this case it's pretty accurate since the company is actually reliable.
    If you think they're reliable then you're delusional. The only way they'd be able to get that information would be if they worked for Blizzard or hacked Blizzard to get the numbers. Otherwise, there is NO WAY for them to have that information.

If you think they're reliable then you're delusional. The only way they'd be able to get that information would be if they worked for Blizzard or hacked Blizzard to get the numbers. Otherwise, there is NO WAY for them to have that information.
    Now you're being a bit autistic and not reading what i actually write but it's fine, read about it if you want, and you'll find out how by yourself.

Now you're being a bit autistic and not reading what i actually write but it's fine, read about it if you want, and you'll find out how by yourself.
    And now you're insulting me because I disagree with you lol. Just because I bring up a good point doesn't mean I deserve to be insulted.