Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    They still have a powerful militar body. The only thing the alliance took down was the city guard and some hight priestess of the Zandalaris main loas. They can still fight toe to toe with the alliance and win, after all Soyduin said he has few troops left to even siege Orgrimmar. The realm problem is the Horde with Thrall is likely to back Jaina and Anduin over them because Thrall and Baine are best friends with them and barely interacted with the Zandalaris.
    Actually the Zandalari had massive losses.

The war against the blood trolls was costly for them. On top of that, we have Zul's betrayal, where a massive army of Zandalari trolls joins Zul. His army of Zandalari trolls in the engine was way bigger and had more different troop types compared to what Rastakhan and Talanji have ever lead in the engine.

And on top of that, we have the Alliance attack, where the Zandalari lose probably a lot of these troops who protected the city.

So over all, their amount of troops lost in this addon should be big.

On the other hand, the Zandalari don't to take revenge now. They can still plan to do it in the future. In the old lore trolls are able to multiply and increase their population quite quickly. But i'm not sure that counts anymore and i'm also not sure that Zandalari trolls are able to reproduce as fast as other kinds of trolls. But in the end, sadly these are again details Blizzard writers don't care about.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    She can hate the Alliance for slaying her father, but she can't blame them. Rastakhan decided after her persistence to allow the Horde to make their base of operations Dazar'Alor. That happened fully knowing that the Alliance and the Horde were already in war, with the latter commiting genocide upon a race affiliated with the former. And now the Zandalari aid them in this very war that the Horde started in order for Sylvanas to pursue her "Death requires a lot of corpses" secret agenda. If Talanji is smart, she can quickly see whose fault her father's death is. Both Rastakhan's and Sylvanas'.

Besides, the Zandalari joined the Horde after she succeeded Rastakhan, so she willingly accepted the fact that she might have to abide to the upcoming truce (until A&H hate each other again) and not wage war against the Alliance, unless she decides to act on her own without answering to the Horde, like Tyrande does right now. This however won't happen, cause it would make sense for Talanji to act like this after the BoD, just like Tyrande did almost immediately after she gave up on waiting. Now it's too late. She will be a once in a few patches appearing npc, or if we have troll plot again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    So after 8.2.5 a lot of players think that Alliance and Horde are at peace.

A lot of people has focued on Tyrande and Night Elves that they might possibly want to get vengeance on the Horde in the future.

But what about Queen Talanji and the Zandalari Trolls? I think they are on the same boat - the Alliance killed their Father and King.

What do you think? Will Zandalari Trolls and Queen Talanji seek vengeance on the Alliance?
    "Peace" could mean a feature like "cross faction group" that make sense in a game with a population that suppose to decrease in years... But, you need also a friction or dissidents between factions to maintain the PvP nature of the game.

Sylvanas loyals/Zandalari as Night Elves/Worgen can play that part.

So, I dont see any "faction merge" just a way to help to reduce queue time.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    And the Alliance did not take Dazar'alor, nor did we burn it to a smoldering husk, you got to keep your city mostly intact. And the people responsible for Teldrassil (Sylvanas/Blightcaller) remain unpunished as well. Hence Talanji got as much vengeance as Tyrande got (zero) and according to the Devs, that is enough
    As Zandalari at that point was working together with the horde not allied with them nor a member and only talajis personal followers fought against the alliance dazar'alor had zero thing to do with teldrassil at that point.

Tyrande took out few of the remaining sylvanas extra lives and last time it took 3 val'kyrs to ress sylv and she has now only 2 meaning she maybe can't be resses by them again.

As sylvanas val'kyrs and her own life and survival means more for her than whole kaldorei race does to malf and tyrande they got revenge by destroying sylvanases extra life and destroying her troops which are for her tools for survival nothing more.

So they got revenge and even gained darkshore back and talanji got nothing.

You are just salty nelf fanboy

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-10-01 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

And the Alliance did not take Dazar'alor, nor did we burn it to a smoldering husk, you got to keep your city mostly intact. And the people responsible for Teldrassil (Sylvanas/Blightcaller) remain unpunished as well. Hence Talanji got as much vengeance as Tyrande got (zero) and according to the Devs, that is enough
    atleast one of them died who responsible of teldrasil

Also Varok planned to whole military campaign and he died so tyrande gained that too.

They will join Rhonin, Chen, Yrel, and all the others in the big hall of forgotten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why only night elves vs forsaken? Sylvanas is a forsaken, yes, but orcs attack and occupied Ashenvale. Goblins build the mashines that hurled the firebolds against Teldrassil. Tauren and Pandaren murdered the people of Darkshore. Blood Elves and Nightborn protected trolls who fought againt the invaders. The night elves are not at war with the forsaken, they are at war with all the horde races.
    Yes, but I imagine most of their vengeance would be targeted at the Forsaken. The Forsaken killed all the civilians in Astranaar and were the main force trying to blight Darkshore after Teldrassil was destroyed. I am sure the Night Elves hate all the Horde races, but most especially the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They will join Rhonin, Chen, Yrel, and all the others in the big hall of forgotten characters.
    How was Yrel forgotten. We just finally learned what she's been up to in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I wouldn’t go as far as o say that they can take the entire Alliance, but several races at a time perhaps
    Shaw says even with the entire army of the alliance(including the KT). They can't take the zandalari army or it will be suicide, considering one of the lastest cinematic was Anduin having only a handful troopes for a final assault, that means that army was depleted by the Nazjatar incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Actually the Zandalari had massive losses.

The war against the blood trolls was costly for them. On top of that, we have Zul's betrayal, where a massive army of Zandalari trolls joins Zul. His army of Zandalari trolls in the engine was way bigger and had more different troop types compared to what Rastakhan and Talanji have ever lead in the engine.

And on top of that, we have the Alliance attack, where the Zandalari lose probably a lot of these troops who protected the city.

So over all, their amount of troops lost in this addon should be big.

On the other hand, the Zandalari don't to take revenge now. They can still plan to do it in the future. In the old lore trolls are able to multiply and increase their population quite quickly. But i'm not sure that counts anymore and i'm also not sure that Zandalari trolls are able to reproduce as fast as other kinds of trolls. But in the end, sadly these are again details Blizzard writers don't care about.
    True, the zandalaris got a lot of loses during their house cleaning but remember even after all of that. The alliance leadership says a full assault to Zuldazar with their forces in the city would be suicidal and they have zero chance to win, right now they may be even considering the Nazjatar incident balanced the war in favor to the Horde of Sylvanas, according to Saurfang and Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, their military was so depleted they needed external help to deal with the blood trolls and many died defending the gates during the blood troll invasion. A sizeable part of their military betrayed them and joined with Zul and was thus killed in the rebellion or had been killed by us in Pandaria and elsewhere. Many were on the ships that blew up. More died in Nazmir. Some died following Jakra'zet in Vol'dun. The Zandalari military has been dying left and right since Cataclysm. I mean sure, this is Warcraft and thus people somehow replenish their armies with no rhyme or reason but normally they should be quite limited.
    Nah, Talanji didn't got support because they were depleted. His father didn't want to move a finger and the council was plotting to do something horrible, she wanted the horde mostly to get his father out of the status quo and open their people to a new ally. A good call considering the blood trolls were more dangerous than they imagined originally and they aren't forced to bend the need to get the benefits of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    She can hate the Alliance for slaying her father, but she can't blame them. Rastakhan decided after her persistence to allow the Horde to make their base of operations Dazar'Alor. That happened fully knowing that the Alliance and the Horde were already in war, with the latter commiting genocide upon a race affiliated with the former. And now the Zandalari aid them in this very war that the Horde started in order for Sylvanas to pursue her "Death requires a lot of corpses" secret agenda. If Talanji is smart, she can quickly see whose fault her father's death is. Both Rastakhan's and Sylvanas'.

Besides, the Zandalari joined the Horde after she succeeded Rastakhan, so she willingly accepted the fact that she might have to abide to the upcoming truce (until A&H hate each other again) and not wage war against the Alliance, unless she decides to act on her own without answering to the Horde, like Tyrande does right now. This however won't happen, cause it would make sense for Talanji to act like this after the BoD, just like Tyrande did almost immediately after she gave up on waiting. Now it's too late. She will be a once in a few patches appearing npc, or if we have troll plot again.
    Why would she care about the nelves? The dwarves or the alliance in general doesn't care they kill child trolls and unharmed horde soldiers. Besides by you own logic Erazmin is also a valid target for using the horde and their champions(the ones who made nelfie burgers) to fight against his father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Shaw says even with the entire army of the alliance(including the KT). They can't take the zandalari army or it will be suicide, considering one of the lastest cinematic was Anduin having only a handful troopes for a final assault, that means that army was depleted by the Nazjatar incident.

True, the zandalaris got a lot of loses during their house cleaning but remember even after all of that. The alliance leadership says a full assault to Zuldazar with their forces in the city would be suicidal and they have zero chance to win, right now they may be even considering the Nazjatar incident balanced the war in favor to the Horde of Sylvanas, according to Saurfang and Anduin.
    “It's time, <name>. We have the Abyssal Scepter, along with confirmation that the bombs placed amongst the Zandalari fleet are still active. Unfortunately, even with everything at our disposal, we would still lose a frontal assault against the Zandalari empire. For that reason, we plan to lure the forces of the Horde and the Zandalari away from the harbor. Mathias Shaw is holding a meeting nearby, and he has requested your presence.”
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54302/...ll-of-zuldazar

At that point, the Alliance doesn’t have everything to spare. The war is all over Azeroth and they are stretched. Even so, Anduin made a bet on this attack and obviously would have used all he could to prevail.
    Remember that attacking is harder then defending, especially when the defenders are at their home they have protected since before the first elf mudhut.
    While this quest does point at a massive power Zandalar has (even after all the events that transpired on the island), I wouldn’t say that it’s a power that rivals one or the other faction in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    So after 8.2.5 a lot of players think that Alliance and Horde are at peace.

A lot of people has focued on Tyrande and Night Elves that they might possibly want to get vengeance on the Horde in the future.

But what about Queen Talanji and the Zandalari Trolls? I think they are on the same boat - the Alliance killed their Father and King.

What do you think? Will Zandalari Trolls and Queen Talanji seek vengeance on the Alliance?
    An ancestor of mine was killed by russians in WW2. So am I still at war with Russia? ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Exactly!
    The problem is the perma theme... Blue Vs red... Stands for humans Vs orcs... It's from Warcraft 2 ... It's boring .. it's old... It's without the cool races added with wc3 or in WoW. Please... Let's move on... A Vs H is a snorefest
    I would totally get into those race Vs race warfronts
    And it means they can do more Thematic battles, maybe the Nightelves and Tauran get tired of the gnomes and goblins polluting the land so you have a nature Vs tech themed BG. Or maybe the Paladins of the silver hand finally go for vengeance against the Ebon blade so you get a Light VS undeath BG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    An ancestor of mine was killed by russians in WW2. So am I still at war with Russia? ...
    I had Grandparents on both sides of the War so obviously I'm at war with myself.

- - - Updated - - -

“It's time, <name>. We have the Abyssal Scepter, along with confirmation that the bombs placed amongst the Zandalari fleet are still active. Unfortunately, even with everything at our disposal, we would still lose a frontal assault against the Zandalari empire. For that reason, we plan to lure the forces of the Horde and the Zandalari away from the harbor. Mathias Shaw is holding a meeting nearby, and he has requested your presence.”
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=54302/...ll-of-zuldazar

At that point, the Alliance doesn’t have everything to spare. The war is all over Azeroth and they are stretched. Even so, Anduin made a bet on this attack and obviously would have used all he could to prevail.
    Remember that attacking is harder then defending, especially when the defenders are at their home they have protected since before the first elf mudhut.
    While this quest does point at a massive power Zandalar has (even after all the events that transpired on the island), I wouldn’t say that it’s a power that rivals one or the other faction in its entirety.
    Not only that but they are currently receiving aid from the Horde (with a large garrison being stationed in the city) so they are most certainly not the only factor in that power assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A point worth making is that Zandalar has a lot of power that is local. It has the Loa. Within Zandalar proper, the local Loa are close to their followers and their temples and at full power. They are a much tougher nut to crack.
    But can they take that power away from Zandalar? If Talanji could call upon Rezan at any time, she would not have waited to be within sight of the island to use it. And taking their Loa with them to attack the Alliance sounds like a recipe for dead Loa.
    She did call upon Rezan during her escape, blocking Jaina’s spells aimed at their group. Aside from that, she didn’t wait until she got close to the island, she acted the moment Alliance cannons started firing, just had to walk up in a badass way.

Zandalari Empire is an extremely powerful player on the world stage. By no rights is it a superpower, but I presume that they are capable of taking on most of the individual races of the Horde or the Alliance.
    Unfortunately we are shown almost two different empires at a time. When they need to succeed against the blood trolls, zandalari ride lazer devilsaurs and summon Loa that devour villages. When they need to fail against the Alliance, they send their “entire army” that somehow doesn’t have anything apart from footsoldiers and forget about Loa all together.
    While I agree that the loss or their fleet and civil war was and still is a serious wound on their battle capacity, I do not think that they are to be written off into obscurity next to tauren. Besides, ships can be rebuilt and Zandalari took pride in their ability to get back on their feet after they are knocked down, for example look at the dockmaster’s dialogue, where he talks about the Cataclysm.
    With Talanji as a ruler, Zandalari also found someone capable of looking beyond tradition. We may see all troll races coming together just yet.
    Last edited by Kwento; 2019-10-02 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    it wasn't retconned at all.

Anduin never gave the order to attack on sight, he ordered them to stay put unless the situation demands it.
    Genn and Rogers then just rushed in and attacked Sylvanas' fleet.
    They pulled a Grom.

True but still Anduin forces aren't likely to defeat the zandalaris in any scenario, in fact it was said in a few quest the KT navy was inferior to the Zandalaris since the bad management of Katherine and the thicc lady was sabotaging the fleet little by little. Still in an frontal and land terrain with army vs army, I would give the edge to the Zandalaris. Although is tricky with the human demi-gods of the alliance but I believe the loas can turn the balance at their favor, after all they fought against Mithrax without any hesitation and the BoD was just raid plot armour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Chen was in Legion, Yrel was in the Maghar recruitment campaign, Rhonin is DEAD as in turned to ashes dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari need to rebuilt first.
    Besides, they are not subservient to the Horde. They are merely allies
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.