Thread: Phase 2?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Is Phase 2 dropping in 2 hours?
    My guess (most probable event) is that they will take as long as they took in vanilla to release the next content.

There is exactly zero chance of that happening already.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Rofl what, 12 months per phase? The koolaid you're drinking has a dead rat in it. You're literally suggesting that Classic in 2019 forward should last LONGER than vanilla did in 2004? I think you're actually eating the dead rat in the koolaid, that's the most disconnected from reality comment I have read in a long time.
    Yeah, that was the intent... We really need a sarcasm tag.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Yeah, that was the intent... We really need a sarcasm tag.
    Yeah, hard to tell with all the people going crazy and saying stuff that makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    My bet is also end of October.

Phase 2 after Christmas would mean that Classic cycle (all 6 phases) would last longer than original Vanilla (26 months) and thats not gonna happen.
    That fully depends, phases don't have to be the same length at all.

For example, in Actual Vanilla what is in Classic is called P1 took 5 months, so ye, i can easily see Christmas 2019 or ever early 2020 seeing happening for as when P2 drops.
    The content that is now P2 only lasted 3 months in actual Vanilla, however i could easily see that lasting only 1-2 months in Classic.

I can easily see P1 being a "long" phase, P2 being a short one since not a lot of content will be added. P3 being longer again, P4 being a short one again and then P5 longer again, and P6 untill the "end of time".

Phase 2 should land in October, its phase 3 that should be delayed quite a bit longer (~5-6 months from now would be alright.) Phase 2 doesn't invalidate MC as the premier source of gear since it only adds DM and worldbosses and PVPers shouldn't have to wait another 2+ months before their content/reward system comes out.

I could care less about phase 2 but i want BGs (phase 3). It would be nice if phase 2 was only a pvp phase with honor system and bgs. DM can wait imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Phase 2 should land in October, its phase 3 that should be delayed quite a bit longer (~5-6 months from now would be alright.) Phase 2 doesn't invalidate MC as the premier source of gear since it only adds DM and worldbosses and PVPers shouldn't have to wait another 2+ months before their content/reward system comes out.
    I don't really agree with that, first of all, a long P2 without the bulk of the players being 60 and geared will be a shitshow, esp on PVP servers as you will get high end guilds going to farm every lvl 48+ as free kills just for honor. I doubt Blizzard will do this, as this will possibly costs them a lot of players and thus customers.

Also important, it should never be possible to reach rank 14 (or any high ranks at all) before BWL comes out or the BWL gear, esp weapons, will be pretty much invalidated. So imho there should only be a very short while between the start of P2 and the start of P3.

Another thing is server pops, they actually do seem to go down a bit now, but it doesn't look like most servers, especially the launch ones are low pop enough to disable layering. Which is needed before P2 can launch.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I don't really agree with that, first of all, a long P2 without the bulk of the players being 60 and geared will be a shitshow, esp on PVP servers as you will get high end guilds going to farm every lvl 48+ as free kills just for honor. I doubt Blizzard will do this, as this will possibly costs them a lot of players and thus customers.

Also important, it should never be possible to reach rank 14 (or any high ranks at all) before BWL comes out or the BWL gear, esp weapons, will be pretty much invalidated. So imho there should only be a very short while between the start of P2 and the start of P3.

Another thing is server pops, they actually do seem to go down a bit now, but it doesn't look like most servers, especially the launch ones are low pop enough to disable layering. Which is needed before P2 can launch.
    As to the first point, whether its a 1 month or a 4 month P2, you'll have a group of people dying to 60s while levelling from 48-60. But they won't be the same people for 4 months unless they are leveling up exceptionally slowly, and the longer you delay P2 the more numerous and more geared those farming them will be.

As to the rank 14 comment, again I don't really agree. The number of r12-14s is going to be so low as to be totally irrelevant as far as overal balance is concerned. Those few guilds hardcore enough to actually have 2 or more R14s when BWL launches would crush BWL on the first day anyway and if they can't get weapon upgrades from BWL I don't really see that as a big deal either because the alternative is really not that different: Lets say someone is still in the process of going for R14 when BWL launches. That person can either pass on weapon loot of similar quality because they'll soon get R14, or take the loot and abort their R14 run at 13 instead. Basically either way you go an upgrade path is lost/invalidated.

Server populations I do agree is a potential issue but kind of falls outside of what we can really estimate. Other than that there's really no reason to delay P2 much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope not, should at least be till like january-february I hope.

I feel like the dps check on vael won't be a problem at all by the time bwl comes out, we killed rag in 2m59sec on our first kill so right on the button. 6 months of farming t1 is going to make bwl fall over imo.

i'm a little bit disappointed the the 20s are likely gunna get facerolled, I remember doing them in dungeon gear and it was challenging but i feel like by the time they come out, they are gunna be easy because of the t1-t2 farming. not easy in the sense that classic is all super easy, i mean easy in the sense that farming gear for 6 months is gunna make it a lot less harder to beat. I mean i remember doing zg before MC, so its gunna be weird breezing through it with the t1.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-10-02 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    God I hope not, should at least be till like january-february I hope.
    8.3 likely in january. i cant imagine they would release both around the same time. it will either be before christmas, or march likely.

pffff Phase 2 might launch at the end of the year or even in 2020. Blizzard absolutely doesn't want to release phase 2 now, while probably most people are still leveling. However I do expect phase 3 to launch shortly after phase 2.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-10-02 at 09:37 PM.

Server volume helps to tell the tale, I think. Most still read high-pop around peak time, which for Classic means several layers.

Since the whole point of Vanilla is taking it slow and steady, Blizzard has until Thanksgiving for most players to hit 60, and that's only Day One starters. Word-of-mouth might drive follow-up waves, then holidays and catch-up. As long as Phase 2 remains tied to layers, I can't see it before March.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    That fully depends, phases don't have to be the same length at all.

For example, in Actual Vanilla what is in Classic is called P1 took 5 months, so ye, i can easily see Christmas 2019 or ever early 2020 seeing happening for as when P2 drops.
    The content that is now P2 only lasted 3 months in actual Vanilla, however i could easily see that lasting only 1-2 months in Classic.

I can easily see P1 being a "long" phase, P2 being a short one since not a lot of content will be added. P3 being longer again, P4 being a short one again and then P5 longer again, and P6 untill the "end of time".
    I agree that phases should not last same time. Especially 5 and 6 needs to be longest. But Phase 1 lasting longer than 3 months would be a dissapointment for me. There is not much to do...

I bet most people really want phase 3 that comes with BGs. Theres alot of people asking for when P2 is coming out thinking it comes with BGs. Anyway, P2 probably before Blizzcon or shortly after Blizzcon.

oh and Blizzard is probably planning to release classic content during time not much is going on in retail. Overlap eachother with new stuff. Keep them subs.

if it comes any later than 2 months, it's gonna be irrelevant for most people barring a few niche things (like hide of the wild)
    ofc pvp system is great and all, but wouldnt you want DM and outdoor bosses to be also good?

People already tired of the game? Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Is Phase 2 dropping in 2 hours?
    That would be ideal for me :P but perhaps not other people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    People already tired of the game? Shocker.
    People already getting butthurt and salty about a game that they felt the need to comment on...shocker.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan