Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I'm not even entirely sure what you're suggesting by this except that I'm already tired of the idea and not looking forward to weeks of the same "the expac is already over" nonsense disguised as something else that we apparently still have to deal with until the patch is actually announced/ptr is live.
    I'm sure you're sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Why wouldn't there be an 8.3? 8.2 has only been out since june 25th.. Players are getting more impatient than i've seen in the entire history of this game.
    I'd say it's rather more to do with the fact that people just want this expansion over with because for the most part, it's one of the worst the games ever had.

Oh wow...shocking.

The expansion that's been planned to end with Ny'alotha and N'zoth since the very fucking beginning isn't ending on just the Faction War BS and Sylvanas' 5th runaway...

Color me shocked. ZZZZZzzzzZZZZ...

My prediction is that 8.3 will be put on PTR the last week of October in prepariation for blizzcon, a 2 week period before blizzcon seems apt because it means they can tease 8.3 -just- before blizzcon, and immediatley give us a "whats next" look at the expansion after, like Legion did.

Considering its blizzards traditonal formula to usually reveal their final patch a few weeks before blizzcon and usually release the finale of an expansion before the next its pretty likely we will see some kind of big teaser to what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Prepare for disappointment, then. The very existence of 8.3, combined with the fact that the expansion hasn't even been announced yet, means that we aren't getting the expansion until Summer 2020 at the earliest. End of summer/early fall is more likely, based on past releases. And the aren't likely to keep the current raid tier around for a year.
    Disappointment? No im rather glad. we will also have 8.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    "I'm so hyped about whatever I am fed next even if it's shit"

Capitalism at it's best.
    Though I am all for anti capitalism, we are still allowed to enjoy things even if they cost money.

Though I wonder what the limit is for like the actual majority of players? Perhaps itd have to be shark shit as opposed to regular?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    I'm sure you're sure.
    I had a slim hope that you were just being clever about the fact that the .3 tier is always before prepatch (except the time it was .4) seeing as the 3.5s are extensions on the .3 tiers and technically still part of them.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

8.3 isnt happening folks. they are getting bfa overwith asap and moving on to a new expansion which they hopefully wont fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    8.3 will likely be early 2020 as it needs testing and the holidays/BlizzCon will mess with some of that.
    We didn't get Winter Veil decorations in the 8.2.5 stuff so I'm betting before 2020, around say the 9th of december

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Quite sure right after blizzcon 8.3 will hit the ptr. God i cant wait for blizzcon - so hyped about the next expansion, whatever it might be.
    They really need to hit a home run this Blizzcon. Otherwise I don't think Blizz will last very long. Not even Classic will save then. Fingers crossed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk why anyone actually thought 8.3 wouldn’t be a thing. 8.3 will have the big reveal of whatever the hell Sylvanas is working towards. Then that will lead into the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    "I'm so hyped about whatever I am fed next even if it's shit"

Capitalism at it's best.
    Depends on what interests you, I've been lucky and the raiding is consistently good, so i'm hyped, even WoD had some spectacular raids with BRF as one of the best to date. It's the sole reason I play WoW and have for as long as I have, so as long as it still exists and continues to be good I have no reason to think it's going to be otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Quite sure right after blizzcon 8.3 will hit the ptr. God i cant wait for blizzcon - so hyped about the next expansion, whatever it might be.
    This BlizzCon will be the year they announce the next xpac, so I doubt they're going to wait until after it to put 8.3 on the PTR. We'll probably get a livestream in the next week or so announcing it, then it'll hit the PTR by the end of the month. The release of 8.2.5 came out weeks before people thought it was going too, so I'd be willing to bet Blizz is a little ahead of schedule but don't want to spoil anything until the right time.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Depends on what interests you, I've been lucky and the raiding is consistently good, so i'm hyped, even WoD had some spectacular raids with BRF as one of the best to date. It's the sole reason I play WoW and have for as long as I have, so as long as it still exists and continues to be good I have no reason to think it's going to be otherwise.
    Its ok, most of the people that hate BFA dont have raiding as their main focus aka LFR heroes so its expected that they dont like BFA, im on the same boat as you, i just hope the final raid of BFA reduces the LoS mechanics a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Idk why anyone actually thought 8.3 wouldn’t be a thing. 8.3 will have the big reveal of whatever the hell Sylvanas is working towards. Then that will lead into the next expansion.
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Earl View Post
    8.3 is most certainly happening, but what it will be is a different question. 8.3 could as well just be the pre-9.0 patch.
    Except the 9.0 pre-patch would be 9.0 itself. The patch always hits before the expansion goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Its ok, most of the people that hate BFA dont have raiding as their main focus aka LFR heroes so its expected that they dont like BFA, im on the same boat as you, i just hope the final raid of BFA reduces the LoS mechanics a bit.
    Yeah fair, Azshara was a bit of a pain, feels a bit better in mythic thankfully though since positioning across the entire fight is so scripted. So I don't feel the effects as bad as initially in heroic.

Eternal Palace has been one of the better healing tiers though, really enjoyed the vast majority of these fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    because some random screenshot shows the numbers 8.3 with no context, you are convinced 8.3 will be a thing?
    It wouldn't show anything at all if 8.3 wasn't coming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    [Citation needed]
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

So what you're saying is that the vast majority of players aren't expected to enjoy BFA? Are you sure about that?