Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Even entertaining the idea is ridiculous which is exactly what the guy I quoted was saying.

It. Will. Not. Happen.

It's not a matter of profitability. It's not a matter of resource management. It's a matter of perception. Retail WoW is still the main attraction. And as long as retail WoW is maintaining an active storyline with frequent updates the most anybody can hope for are other expansion Legacy realms or seasonal Classic realms. I will gladly contest anybody who feels different but this isn't a case of "never say never." It's something that simply will not happen.
    We'll see at Blizzcon, I guess. There was a point where people said that Classic would never happen. And then Blizz created a team to work on Classic. It seems reasonable that Blizz could keep this second team around to develop Classic content, even if they need to cycle in a few different devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    it's not anti-classic to talk classic+, and if you are gonna be anti-classic troll you can go ahead and leave the forum for those of us who want to talk wow classic.

- - - Updated - - -

that's what i hope for as well, as quite a few people don't want classic+ and it would be incredibly easy and simple to just copy/paste the servers and make one the classic+
    But it kinda is? Because people who want classic+ never wanted classic at all, all they wanted was their version of WoW...retail without features they disliked.

Besides Classic+ would never make many happy because all different people want all different features...it will just be another Retail and they already have problems with one Retail.

Classic+ would be a failure waiting to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    We'll see at Blizzcon, I guess. There was a point where people said that Classic would never happen. And then Blizz created a team to work on Classic. It seems reasonable that Blizz could keep this second team around to develop Classic content, even if they need to cycle in a few different devs.
    Big difference between slowly restoring a game and developing a new one, they'd have to hire more staff...put more work into it...they are having problems developing a singe WoW...doubt they'd work on a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Really, where was this reason given?
    From the Q & A a while ago:

[Q: What are the plans after Phase 6? More content for classic or moving to TBC? ]

A: We’ve done most of the hard work by bringing back 1.12 so progressing to Burning Crusade would be a lot easier for us.

"stop asking for classic its not gonna happen"

oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Because the community was so vocal about "no changes" and wanting the game exactly how it was experienced all the way back then, "Classic plus" won't ever happen. We got what we asked for.

Funny, we thought we wanted it. But I guess we really didn't.
    Layer abuse, economies on servers broken (30 days ban on toon exploiting but bank alt left with all the gold / farmed items) etc aside: yes we did. But that thing as been a deal breaker for some.

I am against Classic +. And Classic already has too many changes imo. BC servers would be awesome though. Best time i had as a warlock.

Of course people want Classic+ because Retail WoW is beyond repair. If BfA is a "different game" compared to Classic, where is the game Blizzard develops for us that enjoy the Classic design philosophies?

BfA and the Mount + Transmog collection focus and a million different scaling difficulties will never bring me back to it. I want a good MMORPG, and Retail WoW can't be it. Therefore people like me beg for a Classic+ or similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Of course people want Classic+ because Retail WoW is beyond repair. If BfA is a "different game" compared to Classic, where is the game Blizzard develops for us that enjoy the Classic design philosophies?

BfA and the Mount + Transmog collection focus and a million different scaling difficulties will never bring me back to it. I want a good MMORPG, and Retail WoW can't be it. Therefore people like me beg for a Classic+ or similar.
    Retail is not beyond repair, and even if you think otherwise, Legion was a resounding success that proves retail can be successful.

Classic fanboys might shit on retail all the time and call it things like 'dead' or whatnot, but the fact of the matter is, no, it isn't dead, it just appeals to a different market.

I hear this term 'classic design philosophies' tossed around like sage wisdom, but nobody here seems to be able to agree on what it means, exactly. Everyone's got their own opinion on what it means. Could you care to elaborate, beyond the usual rhetoric such as 'no flying, no welfare epics, no multiple difficulties, no invalidating the level 60 progression' and all that usual shite we hear on a daily basis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    And Classic already has too many changes imo
    A few modern conveniences. Modern macros. None of the fully automated addons working like they used to. Cancel flight button.
    Multiple mail attachments at once.

Seriously, how are these changes 'too many'? They're all sensible ones. I get people being against changes that change the game on an essential level, but I really don't get this bullheaded resistance to sensible changes that don't harm the gameplay. For example if they gave us class coloured player circles on the world map people would lose their shit even though it 100% matters not in terms of gameplay.

I haven't counted layering as we all know it's temporary and should be gone before long.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Sorotia;51664418]
    Big difference between slowly restoring a game and developing a new one, they'd have to hire more staff...put more work into it..

I totally agree that restoring a game is different than coding new content. But surely there is some overlap, and the devs that actually have experience wi Classic codebase are the best-equipped to create new code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    they are having problems developing a singe WoW...doubt they'd work on a second.
    I would argue that having 2 active games is actually better than one, assuming they time things properly. For example, part of the reason BfA sucked was that the devs stuck to a tight dev cycle. They ignored player feedback for many important systems, and the final product was lackluster. For the next expansion, Classic phases could allow sub rates to carry through. This would grant the retail devs more time to polish their product.

There's no reason to adjust your perspective to appease the Classic fanatics on this forum. Classic+ will not happen. Blizzard still butters their bread in retail, despite the endless pages of debate around here from people who insist it is an opportunity to "right" the wrongs of a version of the game which no longer appeals to them. These people represent a vanishingly small portion of the playerbase even though it seems to permeate every thread on this forum.
    I'm not adjusting my perspective at all tbf. It's a logical possibility, much like the unicorns in the same post. It's just so improbable that it's not even worth considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even entertaining the idea is ridiculous which is exactly what the guy I quoted was saying.

It. Will. Not. Happen.

It's not a matter of profitability. It's not a matter of resource management. It's a matter of perception. Retail WoW is still the main attraction. And as long as retail WoW is maintaining an active storyline with frequent updates the most anybody can hope for are other expansion Legacy realms or seasonal Classic realms. I will gladly contest anybody who feels different but this isn't a case of "never say never." It's something that simply will not happen.
    And what you said is anyone that even consider this a possibility is a classic fanatic, which is a incredibly dismissive.

And I actually think it's highly unlikely. Not impossible though.

If, somehow, Classic manages to have more players (this is the hard part IMO), the perception can change and retail might be dismissed as "Alternate timeline" bullshit.
    I do think it's a case of never say never because we have almost zero data regarding classic and Blizzard do weird things all the time. So, while I think it's incredibly hard(I mean, REALLY really hard) to happen due to the amount of problems it would bring, it has happened before in the industry and it is a idea being throw around a lot lately.

They will probably create TBC servers (which will not be nearly as sucessful as classic), which is fine, but I definitely won't play on them.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    What is so wrong with just sitting back and enjoying the game we have now. There have been dozens of threads all talking about Classic+ this, TBC that. Isn't vanilla enough?

I can understand 1 thread where everyone talks about the after Classic dilemma but the game has only been out for a month and that's all I see anymore. Anything beyond what we have in Classic will happen at some point, and we will be given the opportunity to give feedback at a later date. There is so much to do right now as is that there shouldn't be any focus on the beyond Classic topic. Its getting hard scrolling though all the Classic+ threads to get something worth reading and replying.
    Stop going on forums looking for Classic+ threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    And what you said is anyone that even consider this a possibility is a classic fanatic, which is a incredibly dismissive.

And I actually think it's highly unlikely. Not impossible though.

If, somehow, Classic manages to have more players (this is the hard part IMO), the perception can change and retail might be dismissed as "Alternate timeline" bullshit.
    I do think it's a case of never say never because we have almost zero data regarding classic and Blizzard do weird things all the time. So, while I think it's incredibly hard(I mean, REALLY really hard) to happen due to the amount of problems it would bring, it has happened before in the industry and it is a idea being throw around a lot lately.

They will probably create TBC servers (which will not be nearly as sucessful as classic), which is fine, but I definitely won't play on them.
    I'm fine with being considered dismissive. It's such an incredibly silly thing to expect that it should be met with complete derision. Moreover, people love to say that Classic was made "for the real fans" and that it's "proof that if you complain loud enough developers will bend to your demands," but I personally think it's neither. Blizzard realized they could a.) frame it as a player retention device to help with content droughts and more importantly, b.) found out it was possible to do with current server technology.

OSRS says hi. Blizzard THEMSELVES have also said they are 100% open to the idea of wow classic; what they afraid of is that two live versions of wow will clip retail permanently and they may not want that since retail is MUCH more monetized and that's how ATVI thinks (it's not a knock on retail, it's a knock on ATVI)

Why not dream for realistically possibilities?

EXAMPLE: Mine would be i'd love a necromancer class, and since we won't ever see it in retail; it fits right at home in classic. Especially considering that necro and DH both ALMOST made the cut but they couldn't get a third spec for either so cut them out. Without DK in the picture, necromancer's can exist NP in a classic+
    I've been working on a design journal for my ideas on Classic +; Unholy Spec for DKs would be more necromancer focused with them sharing Int plate gear with paladins. Actual ranged stuff, summoning skeletons and zombies more than just, "Hey this is a ghoul," and the like.

Also would be giving DKs more spells related to souls and stuff as well.

I enjoy reading most of the ideas.
    "Most" being the operative word.

People already so bored with classic that they are asking for a classic+

Shocker.

99% of the ideas in this thread are so far from wow that it could be another game.
    Learn to code and start develop the game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'd argue only a fool would look at classic+ and not see that Blizzard never stopped making WoW in the spirit of Classic.

Do you think one day they turned around and decided "No. We don't want this to be an MMO anymore. Ship it like Diablo."?

Because such an event never occurred. Blizzard never changed mindsets and went about creating WoW in a different way. They simply made the game more catered to the audience which was playing it. The same way they did in Classic, when they slowly but surely revamped entire specs to function properly for raiding - Which did not exist at first, and quickly became so popular that the entire game even to this day is built purely around raiding and the progression toward raiding.

So if we presume that Blizzard never stopped building WoW in the same spirit they built Classic with, which we have to because honestly, you've offered no supportive reasoning that they ever did... The only outcome is that we get the same exact changes made, thus reliving Classic to today until they realize that's a stupid idea, and they're just re-releasing the exact same game they already have.
    They didn't "wake up one day" and turn it into diablo the mmorpg, but it happened all the same. Death by a thousand cuts. Ideas like LFR/LFG/CRZ that, at the time, SOUND good but destroy guild and server communities.

Retail wow died on the altar of convenience, and yes it DID turn into diablo 3 the mmorpg right around the time in WOD Jay wilson and the rest of the diablo 3 team moved to WoW. Right after that, the game has devolved into the parody of an RPG that exists today.

No one with any sense could compare retail to classic wow and feel they are the same game in any way other than landscapes and the name. One is a classical old school RPG styled after EQ and AD&D, the other is an instant gratification machine designed after diablo 3 with mobile game mechanics stuffed in like the shop.

You are delusional if you think classic+ and retail are the same, not even comparable. The idea of classic+ is after naxx, forget TBC and everything else and treat it like an alternate reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    OSRS gained its major popularity boost when it went mobile, unless you want classic on mobile the comparison don't work, mobile titles have a much much larger audience.
    LMAO

just no
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    LMAO

just no
    They release the numbers it's in the graph of user numbers since it was released. Its not a debate its a known statistic. The graph is linked somewhere in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

I haven't counted layering as we all know it's temporary and should be gone before long.
    Well, that is the big elephant in the room right there. Even if it is removed later on as planned, the damage is done on many servers. In theory, it was a good idea. But it got abused. I know worst offenders got 30d ban. But I also know for a fact that they did not follow the gold / farmed Boe, mats, receipts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    You dont get it. The reason why most people play wow is because we find it much better than retail. We don't like the game style behind retail wow and we like the game style of classic wow.
    You're actually the one who does not get it. You fail to connect the dots as to why things changed between Vanilla, Burning Crusade, and each subsequent expansion. Because the market changed overall.

You forget the people who started playing at launch who were 18 back then are now 33. They've been through college, started families, and a whole host of other things that force them to change how they play WoW or completely stop. Blizzard has to adjust for that. The days of laughing at the "I quit!" posts in the forums and informing people "Buh bye! 8-13 people will take your place!" are over.

Blizzard has to focus on gaining new players. Any game that tries to survive on retention alone is doomed to fail. Period.

Does this mean Blizzard is immune to making mistakes? Of course not. The whole 10/25man raid thing was a mistake because they misinterpreted data that showed them Karazhan was the most popular instance in Burning Crusade. They focused on it being a 10man raid versus a cool raid that people genuinely enjoyed and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Ever heard of the Bronze and Infinite Dragonflights? They could easily frame the new classic content as "The infinite dragonflight was successful, and the timeline is all messed up! Here's a Scourge-Pandaren raid." Imagine them as Time-lost servers, allowing us to play 'future' content in the classic environment.

IMO Blizz should eventually split Classic servers into:
    - Pristine Classic (no changes)
    - Timelost Classic (Classic+, new content)
    - Seasonal Classic (server is reset every now and then, existing chars get transferred)
    Seasonal? LOL. I guess you have not been able to hear the deafening screams about how much like Diablo III Legion/BfA are. You should get that checked out.

perhaps you've heard of ALTERNATE realities? you know the thing ALREADY introduced in WoW in WoD and still exists? Lets start fresh and keep the spirit of the game more EQ, and less Diablo 3
    Well except for one problem.... you're going to have to do it without at least the Burning Legion since they're gone now. Not to mention the fact that they would hjave to hire a whole new team to actually develop the content and increase the cost of the WoW subscription which will go over like a lead balloon.

You wanted Vanilla, you got Vanilla. Naxx is as far as you get. What was it? Oh yeah.... #NoChanges