10+ Year Old Account
    This is more of a fun story, but:
    Twitter removed an edited Nickelback video posted by Trump.

And I have to say, anyone editing anyone else in a Nickelback video deserve life in prison, regardless of the intent behind it. This should definitely be considered a High Crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKBN1WH2G7

not sure if this has been posted but it looks like another strike against small businesses

I do like how the super fans of trump are cheering this on, like, "YEA MA BOI ASKED ANOTHER COUNTRY TO INVESTIGATE BIDEN GET EM!!"

People are fucking idiots lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmixalot View Post

not sure if this has been posted but it looks like another strike against small businesses
    Scotch whiskey
    Ok, now I'm ZFGmad.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Acting VP... problem solved
    See, that's fine. He can have an "acting VP" all he wants. But "acting" doesn't get you into the line of succession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this Ukraine/China stuff is unbelievable. I can't fathom why Republican senators aren't lining up outside McConnell's office telling him to get this mother fucker out of here. We have to be getting to the point where Trump is doing severe lasting damage to the GOP brand. Way more than what having his pen in the Oval Office means to them.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trump literally just asked China and Ukraine to investigate Biden on the White House lawn....

https://www.axios.com/trump-china-in...6c36e719a.html

He admitted it again!
    I wouldn't get your hopes up or too excited over this. The President of the US is the Chief Executive of the Government and has the authority to ask for assistance in investigating corruption of a US company or citizen with in a foreign land. Even if it involves a opponent in a election. While it can be argued it is unethical to do so, it is not unlawful within exercising his executive powers.

It would be a different scenario if this was happening within the US. This will be his defense before the Senate if impeached I believe. Mainly there is no violation within the articles of impeachment. And I predict he will win.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up or too excited over this. The President of the US is the Chief Executive of the Government and has the authority to ask for assistance in investigating corruption of a US company or citizen with in a foreign land. Even if it involves a opponent in a election. While it can be argued it is unethical to do so, it is not unlawful within exercising his executive powers.

It would be a different scenario if this was happening within the US. This will be his defense before the Senate if impeached I believe. Mainly there is no violation within the articles of impeachment. And I predict he will win.
    Asking a foreign government for help in an election is illegal. The president IS NOT in charge of investigations. The Attorney General is.

The proper way for this to be conducted is for the Attorney General to open an investigation in the DOJ and then communicate with his counterparts in Ukraine. The President has no part in this.

Corruption that he won't specify, going through non-standard/official channels to do so, against a guy who just conveniently happens to be a political opponent. Why isn't there a US investigation? What wrongdoing should be investigated? Why isn't he communicating directly with authorities in China? Why now?

Because spoilers: The Ukraine conspiracy against Biden continues to fall apart and we have reporting that people in the Trump administration knew it was bullshit but Trump went with it anyways.

Stop defending corruption that's out in the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Wow, this Ukraine/China stuff is unbelievable. I can't fathom why Republican senators aren't lining up outside McConnell's office telling him to get this mother fucker out of here. We have to be getting to the point where Trump is doing severe lasting damage to the GOP brand. Way more than what having his pen in the Oval Office means to them.
    I am really surprised about this also. For a while, I was convinced that they would throw him under the bus and make themselves look like the good guys who managed to clean up their party. Now, they may be circling the drain with him. Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Corruption that he won't specify, going through non-standard/official channels to do so, against a guy who just conveniently happens to be a political opponent.
    Hey Edge- don't we have a Legal Mutual Assistance Treaty with Ukraine, which specifies State Dept and DoJ are the go-tos, not Trump's personal lawyer?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey Edge- don't we have a Legal Mutual Assistance Treaty with Ukraine, which specifies State Dept and DoJ are the go-tos, not Trump's personal lawyer?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?
    I don't know about the first question, BUT I FUCKING LOVE LEADING QUESTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by sirmixalot View Post

Yeah, europe has already prepared the same for him for the same amount =)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    I am really surprised about this also. For a while, I was convinced that they would throw him under the bus and make themselves look like the good guys who managed to clean up their party. Now, they may be circling the drain with him. Unbelievable.
    I want to take a guess McConell is going to keep the ship afloat as long as possible and at the last minute abandon it.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I want to take a guess McConell is going to keep the ship afloat as long as possible and at the last minute abandon it.
    Probably wants to keep it afloat through the primaries and then abandon it. That way the Republican don't get challenged in Trumpers in the primaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Yeah, europe has already prepared the same for him for the same amount =)
    There are some fucking fantastic cheeses all through Europe -- Black Mountain/Red Dragon, Trillium, and Manchego for starters. They were already expensive.

Also, New York/Vermont cheddar, which I assume will be tariff'd in return. Dairy farmers in both states already struggle because Canada doesn't import our shitty overcooked milk. This won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There are some fucking fantastic cheeses all through Europe -- Black Mountain/Red Dragon, Trillium, and Manchego for starters. They were already expensive.

Also, New York/Vermont cheddar, which I assume will be tariff'd in return. Dairy farmers in both states already struggle because Canada doesn't import our shitty overcooked milk. This won't help.
    I'm doing my part to keep Cabot and the Grafton Village Cheese afloat,I easily eat 4-5 pounds of cheese each month from both companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I am convinced he really meant "I could stand on fifth avenue and shoot somebody". And Moscow Mitch would find a way to defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    ? I dont give a shit about Trump. If he died tomorrow I wouldn't even blink. Of course im fucking voting for him tho. To stop you people. Unless I misunderstand what you mean? Trump is a tool, in both senses of the word, but in this sense I mean like a shovel or a rake. He was our brick through the white house window. The more he shits inside their and smears it all over the walls the better, its why he was sent in. We just want liberals gone. Whatever it takes to stop their naked public racism and sexism. Their hatred of other humans and their cold vindictive natures must be phased out of society. Ill make you a deal. End cancel culture and ill vote for a dem.
    Well it's been said here before. Trump supports don't care for the rule of law or even if the world burns -- as long as it trolls the libs.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

No.
    He not only doesn't have that power, it's fucking illegal as hell.
    Why the hell do you think he did this shit on the sly at first? Now that the cat is out of the bag he apparently said fuck it. My sheep will follow me even if I commit murder.