Thread: Phase 2?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Is Phase 2 dropping in 2 hours?
    There is a retail patch coming up. It would be rather stupid to release both patches at pretty much the same time.
    A large part of the classic player base plays retail as well after all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Rofl what, 12 months per phase? The koolaid you're drinking has a dead rat in it. You're literally suggesting that Classic in 2019 forward should last LONGER than vanilla did in 2004? I think you're actually eating the dead rat in the koolaid, that's the most disconnected from reality comment I have read in a long time.
    As much as the comment you're responding to is stupid, i think there's a fair argument to be made that naxx should last a decent bit longer than it did in actual vanilla which might make classic last longer than vanilla.

That being said, I feel like dire maul should be released now and the pvp system should have been in at launch.

I wouldnt even look for p2 to happen until after Blizzcon. Im not really expecting it to happen until the turn of the year myself.

Phases will be announced when Blizzard needs to maintain sub numbers.
    Phases will also be released near fiscal quarter ends to maintain financials.

Expect to see Phase 2 released in December 2019 and then Phase 3 released in March 2020.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    As much as the comment you're responding to is stupid, i think there's a fair argument to be made that naxx should last a decent bit longer than it did in actual vanilla which might make classic last longer than vanilla.

That being said, I feel like dire maul should be released now and the pvp system should have been in at launch.
    Agreed. This American beer mages are stuck with (lvl 45 water at lvl 60) make me want to jump off a bridge. Sitting for 45 seconds between every pull is AWESOME IMMERSION, THANKS BLIZZ. Next rank is a quest in Dire Maul, definitely should be out now. And yeah, the honor system should have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Not a chance, cristmas is way to early to bring in a pvp system, dm and worldbosses. We need atleast until later mars/early april. Then p3 can be announced at blizzcon 2020 and realesed for next xmas.
    The following 3 phases will need at least 12months each. Landing a naxxrelease at summer 2022. and tbc classic announced at blizzcon 2022.
    That would be god awful why would you want this

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I doubt it, don't they want layering gone before they add world bosses? My server still gets queues, so doubt layers are going yet
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    I don't really agree with that, first of all, a long P2 without the bulk of the players being 60 and geared will be a shitshow, esp on PVP servers as you will get high end guilds going to farm every lvl 48+ as free kills just for honor. I doubt Blizzard will do this, as this will possibly costs them a lot of players and thus customers.

Also important, it should never be possible to reach rank 14 (or any high ranks at all) before BWL comes out or the BWL gear, esp weapons, will be pretty much invalidated. So imho there should only be a very short while between the start of P2 and the start of P3.

Another thing is server pops, they actually do seem to go down a bit now, but it doesn't look like most servers, especially the launch ones are low pop enough to disable layering. Which is needed before P2 can launch.
    They posted today that majority of realms are on 1 layer only now. They wrote that mega servers like Faerlina didnt have more than 2 layers since week1 of September. So layering soon wont be an issue for P2.

"I rushed to 60 and now I'm bored, lolz"

Ah WoW players, so predictable.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

...You took it face value something said by Trade chat?

OP, just how new are you?

In all seriousness though, I'd expect Phase 2 to release sometime late November / early December; no reason to make us wait that long for Dire Maul and PvP.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ...You took it face value something said by Trade chat?

OP, just how new are you?

In all seriousness though, I'd expect Phase 2 to release sometime late November / early December; no reason to make us wait that long for Dire Maul and PvP.
    You took a couple words from my original post and twisted to meet your ends so you could post something that doesn't help at the beginning? Anon how rude are you? Reread my post if you're confused. Thanks for the info though.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

You took a couple words from my original post and twisted to meet your ends so you could post something that doesn't help at the beginning? Anon how rude are you? Reread my post if you're confused. Thanks for the info though.
    Struck a nerve, huh?

Your words:

Some people in Trade chat seem to think it is
    Meaning that you saw someone say it in trade chat and came here thinking that it might be true.

No "twisted words" here.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they're trying to stay true to #nochanges, shouldn't Phase 2 be 4-5 months after launch? So around February, probably?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295...e-2019?webhook

I better slow down. I already feel like there is nothing to do outside of raiding and leveling alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Plus the next expansion definitely being is announced, I have a feeling BfA is going to end early with the next expansion hitting this summer. Their team is large enough now to make that a possibility.
    BFA started in August of last year so how would the next expansion started in summer of next year be "end(ing) early"?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295...e-2019?webhook

I better slow down. I already feel like there is nothing to do outside of raiding and leveling alts.
    Thats what happens when people reserve BIS gear and just rush the content :P.

Personally i am farming my darkspear reputation as an orc rogue, gotta get that epic raptor mount (skipping epic wolf).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Struck a nerve, huh?

Your words:

Meaning that you saw someone say it in trade chat and came here thinking that it might be true.

No "twisted words" here.
    Meaning instead of taking it at face value I came to validate it. Pretty responsible if you ask me. What else you got pony rider lol

You can say bs to someone, but if they react in kind your Gen Z response is, struck a nerve? salty? butthurt? lmao. get original material.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I just want P2 for new mage water

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Agreed. This American beer mages are stuck with (lvl 45 water at lvl 60) make me want to jump off a bridge. Sitting for 45 seconds between every pull is AWESOME IMMERSION, THANKS BLIZZ. Next rank is a quest in Dire Maul, definitely should be out now. And yeah, the honor system should have been in.
    ^ This
    Lvl 45 sucks so much and I'll probably end up buying the 4.4k mana from argent dawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah no, thats not how it works, phase 2 brings TONS of changes, so why the utter fuck would anyone think "oh yeah blizz is releasing bassicly a new patch without any warning"

phase 2 is like a new patch, it will introduce tons of system that people need to know of ahead of time.
    when we find out, it will be like a month ahead of time, to give people time to prep.

but good of you to check here instead of just spouting it on, alot of people will just see something and spout it as truth like "patch 8.3 has been confirmed as being removed" and "blizzard said sylvanas was morally grey"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    "I think it's a matter of later this year, I think we can say definitively," Hazzikostas told me. "Within that timeframe? It's going to depend on a few factors."

Above is an extract from PCGamer's article (interview with Ion Hazzikostas) which was released 18 hours ago which can be read in full in the link down below:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/wow-class...ter-this-year/

So yeah, I dunno what to say about those "2 hours"
    Last edited by sys01; 2019-10-04 at 02:31 PM. Reason: edited for consistency
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M