Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    That is what it sounds like. The issue I have is that Dennis stated he thought the person banging on his door was someone he had an argument with earlier. Is that what prompted him to answer the door with his gun and shoot blindly? What was his plan if it had been that person he had the previous engagement with?
    Yeah not sure it's fucked up though, his daughter must be completely broken after this.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Florida Man. That is all.

Poor guy. Was already riled up on his birthday, thinks the jackass is now trying to break in is home, and when he goes to check he's jumped scared. Naturally he defends himself only to find out that the perpetrator was not who he thought and was instead his son in law whom he loves. Whom he has now killed. He will live with that pain for the rest of his life. I feel bad for him.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    He will not face any charges as it said in the text.
    I saw it but I honestly didn't believe it...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    No charges are going to be filed in this scenario. Probably under some "Stand Your Ground" or " I feared for my life" type argument. I'd like to see if he opened the door to shoot Bergan, which would mean he had enough time to realize who he was shooting, or if he shot through a possible screen door indicating he shot at someone who was not a threat to him or his property.
    The.. wha.. I.. Oh fucking hell.. Can't even demand a gun ban on the person as people would be in an uproar.. *sighs* Disgusting..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    There's nothing to say, it's just messed up. Mocking it to make an unintelligent political quip just makes you look like a jerk.
    I know, I know, when a tragedy happens with a gun, it is no time to talk about tragedies that happen with guns.

Remember that time you guys mocked a victim of sexual assault because you liked the guy that committed it and wanted him on the court because he was nominated by another guy whose committed numerous cases of sexual assault and borderline treason?

Any Trump defender doesn't get to lecture anyone else about what is messed up or inappropriate.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I know, I know, when a tragedy happens with a gun, it is no time to talk about tragedies that happen with guns.

Remember that time you guys mocked a victim of sexual assault because you liked the guy that committed it and wanted him on the court because he was nominated by another guy whose committed numerous cases of sexual assault and borderline treason?

Any Trump defender doesn't get to lecture anyone else about what is messed up or inappropriate.
    Mother of all off-topic posts...

No sympathy for a tragic accident, just liberal condescension.
    It's hard to call shooting someone with absolutely no justification a tragic accident. Involuntary manslaughter sounds closer, given the negligence involved. Or would it be voluntary since he definitely meant to shoot someone.

This is not an accident, it's the price you pay for the second amendment. As is every school shooting or getting killed sitting on your own couch watching tv.

But the american people won't see it that way, so... thoughts and prayers I guess.

Worked up from an argument earlier in the day. Answers the door with a loaded gun. Kills a guy. Gets off Scott free.

Why are Americans so afraid they are answering doors with guns? Or is it blood thirst knowing he's free to kill on his property?

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Mother of all off-topic posts...
    No it's not.

If a poster is going to call me out for being insensitive, then they better have a clean record themselves.

You don't like it, cause you likely agree with him often. You're basically white knighting him while he virtue signals.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

No it's not.

If a poster is going to call me out for being insensitive, then they better have a clean record themselves.

You don't like it, cause you likely agree with him often. You're basically white knighting him while he virtue signals.
    I'm not gonna get into a political dick-measuring contest in a topic about a tragic accident. Miss me with that shit.

I'm not gonna get into a political dick-measuring contest in a topic about a tragic accident. Miss me with that shit.
    Nice, real sensitivity there and way to stay on topic.

Nice, real sensitivity there and way to stay on topic.
    More so than you trying to score imaginary political points. I'm just saying don't drag me down into that grade-school crap.

Take it to the politics sub-cesspit.

More so than you trying to score imaginary political points. I'm just saying don't drag me down into that grade-school crap.

Drag you?

You engaged me.

Jesus what is working with you conservatives?

Drag you?

You engaged me.

Jesus what is working with you conservatives?
    You're right, it was my fault for indulging you. Won't happen again.

You could have just not replied rather than further derailing.

No one thinks you're the prettiest of them all because you said others are more ugly.

Yeah it's Florida, it's pretty much open-season for any guy with a gun to shoot someone on the thinnest pretense and get away from it.

'He made a scary face at me and I thought he moved in my direction.' 'You stood your ground sir, have a nice day.'
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I wanna hear the argument for him not getting charged. He thought that someone he had argued with earlier was on the other side of the door, so he grabs his gun, then goes to open the door, DOES SO WITHOUT CONFIRMING WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE, then fires at the first thing that moves? Now, I don't claim to be any kind of lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that's at least manslaughter, as he had no plausible reason to put himself into what he believed was a dangerous situation other than to kill someone he was already angry at.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

You're right, it was my fault for indulging you. Won't happen again.
    Whoopie...

Accident is when you have taken every possible precautionary and safety measures, and still ended up getting hurt or hurting somebody.

This is straight Willful, Wanton, Reckless Conduct. It is akin to a driver driving 60 mph in a residential area when he hit a victim. The old man showed “wanton disregard” for the safety of others.

I have had my shares of gun safety classes since I was 12 when my father, who was in the military, introduced me to firearms. The old man broke every firearm handling safety rules in the book. Probably some that are not in the book.