Question to people playing Iceborn. Try to answer without spoiling to much of the actual content.

Currently playing regular MHW and soon reaching 100 HR for the Final (i think) optional quest (don't answer this). Currently getting all GAMMA armor that I have been able to get through the AT events.
    I'm suspecting I'm gonna blaze through the Iceborn content pretty easily since I have max upgraded GAMMA pieces with decorations and some weapons with augments. I know you can access it at rank 16 but I guess it will be easy until I get to the MR stuff or is it tailored with end game in mind since I think you get the "final" quest for Xeno'jiva at rank 16 or so?

Guess my main question is that will it sorta be ruined due to overpowered gear or will it still be challenging because there are new monsters? Looking to maybe gimp myself to lower tier armor and weapons if that's the case. I don't want to kill monsters that are only in HR-tier(which I assume Iceobrn monsters will be by default) in like 20 seconds because my gear is so much stronger than what they are "supposed" to be.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-09-16 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Question to people playing Iceborn. Try to answer without spoiling to much of the actual content.

Currently playing regular MHW and soon reaching 100 HR for the Final (i think) optional quest (don't answer this). Currently getting all GAMMA armor that I have been able to get through the AT events.
    I'm suspecting I'm gonna blaze through the Iceborn content pretty easily since I have max upgraded GAMMA pieces with decorations and some weapons with augments. I know you can access it at rank 16 but I guess it will be easy until I get to the MR stuff or is it tailored with end game in mind since I think you get the "final" quest for Xeno'jiva at rank 16 or so?

Guess my main question is that will it sorta be ruined due to overpowered gear or will it still be challenging because there are new monsters? Looking to maybe gimp myself to lower tier armor and weapons if that's the case. I don't want to kill monsters that are only in HR-tier(which I assume Iceobrn monsters will be by default) in like 20 seconds because my gear is so much stronger than what they are "supposed" to be.
    It will be help a lot in the start, but the new sets in Iceborne often have more skills to them, also level 4 gem slots, added defence from tier 10+ will help a lot as well, I think I started iceborne at like 400 defence and now my defence is 820 something and not done with iceborne story yet and it helped a lot from not getting killed in 1-3 hits.

full gamma armor will probably make it easy until you get to the Iceborne endgame start

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    It will be help a lot in the start, but the new sets in Iceborne often have more skills to them, also level 4 gem slots, added defence from tier 10+ will help a lot as well, I think I started iceborne at like 400 defence and now my defence is 820 something and not done with iceborne story yet and it helped a lot from not getting killed in 1-3 hits.

full gamma armor will probably make it easy until you get to the Iceborne endgame start
    Thanks, sounds like I don't have to do much gimping...first quests will probably be a breeze but sounds like I'm gonna be replacing armors and decorations frequently as I progress through the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, sounds like I don't have to do much gimping...first quests will probably be a breeze but sounds like I'm gonna be replacing armors and decorations frequently as I progress through the story.
    Yup as the above mentioned it will help with the few starter quests of Iceborne but later on you have to replace them purely because of the stats weight.

the first thing you are going to replace is your weapon.
    even the starter iceborne ore weapon can almost rival some of the old final weapons.
    add 1 upgrade to it and you have a weapon that is better than the stuff you have right now.

to add to your original question:

i had a base MHW endgame set and it took 3 monsters to really feel the pain. by the 5th i had changed all gear.
    since you don't know the new monster's patterns that well yet, you will get hit. and they hurt.
    Last edited by Narzok; 2019-09-17 at 05:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got the Tigrex set and damn this is so nuts. Infinite self heal immortality I guess I will keep using that until I get the new Vaal Hazak set!

Welp, not only is Rajang coming with a new volcanic region -which is probably where the trailer showing the new Kirin variant hunt is- but now theres a "IceboRnE" event where you can play as Leon S Kennedy and Claire Redfield to hunt a special Vaal'hazak, turn into zombies, get Umbrella and S.T.A.R.S themed weapons and maybe Mr.X is an actual monster to hunt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp, not only is Rajang coming with a new volcanic region -which is probably where the trailer showing the new Kirin variant hunt is- but now theres a "IceboRnE" event where you can play as Leon S Kennedy and Claire Redfield to hunt a special Vaal'hazak, turn into zombies, get Umbrella and S.T.A.R.S themed weapons and maybe Mr.X is an actual monster to hunt?

[video=youtube;R0KL858mLZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0KL858mLZc[video]
    Looks more like Mr.X is a handler skin.

Again, gieb PC port faster ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Looks more like Mr.X is a handler skin.

Again, gieb PC port faster ;_;
    So they replaced ashely from re4 with mr x, thats an improvement.

Why torture us PC players Capcom T_T
    Gotta say, that's definitely... a crossover i didn't expect

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Why torture us PC players Capcom T_T
    Because we get the better experience, so its k.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Because we get the better experience, so its k.
    But at this point it's them thinking that either PC is inferior for some reason, or them wanting people to buy it twice.

Might be a mix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    agreed, but I'm not complaining (about the crossover, definitely am about PC being treated like second class citizens)

But at this point it's them thinking that either PC is inferior for some reason, or them wanting people to buy it twice.
    Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter, Japanese Cawadoody.

Might be a mix.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, but I'm not complaining (about the crossover, definitely am about PC being treated like second class citizens)
    Pretty sure they sold a shitload of copies on PC so no, I don't think they think PC is inferior. But they sold you the game twice already, the love to do it again.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Might be a mix.
    I can't say I know enough about what it takes to port something to PC without issues to say whether or not its intentional or legitimate for their process. All I know is I'd rather wait than double dip this time around because the experience was just THAT much better on PC that I can't stand to go back to console.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I can't say I know enough about what it takes to port something to PC without issues to say whether or not its intentional or legitimate for their process. All I know is I'd rather wait than double dip this time around because the experience was just THAT much better on PC that I can't stand to go back to console.
    It takes time to port to PC was a legit reason for the game. I don't buy it for the expansion when the most of the ground work should already have been done the first time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death