Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    So Bernie Sanders is having health issues again at the age of 78.

Simple question, Should there be an age cap for being President?
    If yes, what age?
    Nah that's just ageism and the age limit is arbitrary. Thinking about a candidate apart from their policy platform is largely silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 70 should be the limit. Person taking the job needs energy to handle this for next 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Someone who isn't old enough to suffer from congestive heart failure. People in their late seventies should be in nursing care facilities, not running the White House.
    Hate to tell you, but everyone's old enough to suffer from congestive heart failure. That being said, i'd support an age cap. Or at very least, at a certain age the president needs to have their mental state checked every 6 months by an actual unbiased doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, Trump? Because he is fucking less healthy than Sanders is.
    Trump is a good example of why an age cap as a general rule for everybody would be a good idea. Won't speculate too much just from the way he acts in public, but compared to how he used to present himself in interviews in say the late 80s, there's been a significant change for the worse since, which may be a sign of early onset of some neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I would like to see a few limitation put in.

Age cap of 55 for President along with Congress, Senate, and Judges along with a requirement to actually qualify for security clearance without waivers as a requirement to run.

Would also require them turn over the previous 10 years of taxes along with mandatory annual audits followed by 10 years of audits after leaving office and after serving any time in office, they are given 50% pay for life but are banned from ever working in the private sector again or taking anything of value from other entities that normal people could not reasonably obtain again.

Running the nation should be seen as an endgame in a career, not a stepping stone and if you are running to be rich, you are running for the wrong reasons and have the wrong priorities.
    I'm not for age limits, but if had to, I would cap it at the current SS retirement age with the caveat that you can not run for office if the next term would start after you turn that age. So technically a Senator could retire at 77-78 if he turned 72 after the term started.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    People aged 40 can have congestive heart failure.
    I'm talking about age-onset. Almost everyone 80+ is in some stage of congestive heart failure which means there is some chance they will have a heart attack at really any moment which is deadly if they don't get stents in time.

Rather have an intelligence test to weed out morons and simpletons.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I'm not for age limits, but if had to, I would cap it at the current SS retirement age with the caveat that you can not run for office if the next term would start after you turn that age. So technically a Senator could retire at 77-78 if he turned 72 after the term started.
    I see that as too old at that point, their mental faculties are questionable for a great many of them at that age, they have no vested interest in the future as they won't be there for it and many of them are making decisions based on their rose tinted goggles version of a history that never was because it matches what their views are.

I would prefer they be required to be between the ages of 25 and 55 and required to qualify for security clearance to hold the positions without waivers.

I will use my grandmother as an example, I love her and she was a smart person till the day she died, but her memory started going long before she was willing to admit it to herself and you wouldn't even realize it at first until you had an extended conversation. She died at 87 and her memory didn't start going till she hit her 80's but she beat the odds lasting that long. I don't want people running who can't admit that stuff and who you don't notice it till you are holding an extended conversation with.

After the age of 55, honestly, you should be able to retire at that point and honestly should so the younger generation can get their start.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2019-10-06 at 06:47 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Someone who isn't old enough to suffer from congestive heart failure. People in their late seventies should be in nursing care facilities, not running the White House.
    so basically this discounts, oh about 98% of the population over the age of 30.

2% of the population over 40 has CHF.

I'm talking about age-onset. Almost everyone 80+ is in some stage of congestive heart failure which means there is some chance they will have a heart attack at really any moment which is deadly if they don't get stents in time.
    Where in the world did you get this from?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe in age caps, maybe people with no children should be barred though. They have no direct emotional connection to the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Where in the world did you get this from?
    Idk man. I'm a storyteller, you shouldn't take me so literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I see that as too old at that point, their mental faculties are questionable for a great many of them at that age, they have no vested interest in the future as they won't be there for it and many of them are making decisions based on their rose tinted goggles version of a history that never was because it matches what their views are.

I would prefer they be required to be between the ages of 25 and 55 and required to qualify for security clearance to hold the positions without waivers.

I will use my grandmother as an example, I love her and she was a smart person till the day she died, but her memory started going long before she was willing to admit it to herself and you wouldn't even realize it at first until you had an extended conversation. She died at 87 and her memory didn't start going till she hit her 80's but she beat the odds lasting that long. I don't want people running who can't admit that stuff and who you don't notice it till you are holding an extended conversation with.

After the age of 55, honestly, you should be able to retire at that point and honestly should so the younger generation can get their start.
    And if they they are perfectly capable and their constituents want them in, they should not be forced out at 55. Hell in many cases, by they time A senator reaches that age they have just enough institutional knowledge to start being effective. 55 is way too young.

I do share similar beliefs that once out they should never be allowed to lobby or get a job in the private sector that is associated with anything the investigated or oversaw. Likewise, if you have ever been a lobbyist you should be barred from every public office. As well as a public or private citizen who for example Sue's the Department of Agriculture to lessen regulations, you should e barred from ever working on any local, state, or federal department of agriculture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I do not believe in age caps, maybe people with no children should be barred though. They have no direct emotional connection to the future.
    Except for the future they want to exist in or all the people they care for that may have children or grandchildren they care about. What a stupid thing to isolate. As if everyone without children does ot care about the future wellbeing of the nation or planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You should abolish your monarchy. Far stupider than electing someone to fill that position.
    Not entirely. Having a non political, bi partisan person as the source of the power, but bound by endless conventions has its merits.

Democracy is a flawed system, every type of goverment we have in the west is our own ways of minimising the risk of those flaws, constitutional monarchy with a parliament is one of the most stable, we have all seen from brexit what happens when we break from that system and try a more true form of democracy.

It's just two ways to look at it, the presidential system belive there should be an individual at the top of the totem pole it's just that person should be accountable to the people. The constitutional monarchy system believes that no one person should hold that much power, but if that position is unfilled then some one will eventualy try to fill it, so we put a puppet there and bind them in a mutual self destructive pact with there power and the goverment so that no one can else can have that power but they also cannot use it.

A president is just an elected monarch, the powers of the two are similar, the difference is our Queen cannot use them.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-10-06 at 10:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Except for the future they want to exist in or all the people they care for that may have children or grandchildren they care about. What a stupid thing to isolate. As if everyone without children does ot care about the future wellbeing of the nation or planet.
    I'd say as a rule of thumb I am more likely to trust someone who cares very directly about someones future versus someone who isn't connected to anyone.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think age limits are necessary, but perhaps some sort of yearly mental/cognitive health test on politicians after 70.

I'd say as a rule of thumb I am more likely to trust someone who cares very directly about someones future versus someone who isn't connected to anyone.
    But you bend over backwards for trump...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    But you bend over backwards for trump...
    Do I? I know I don't spend every single minute on here in a perpetual salty melt-down, is that the standard?

Do I? I know I don't spend every single minute on here in a perpetual salty melt-down, is that the standard?
    You use to grift for Trump hard on this forum. I don't really pay much attention to what's said n her. I use reddit more now. Don't you have like 20k post and joined a year later than me. I mean that a lot of gifting my ginosaurex.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-10-07 at 03:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    You use to grift for Trump hard on this forum. I don't really pay much attention to what's said n her. I use reddit more now. Don't you have like 20k post and joined a year later than me. I mean that a lot of gifting my ginosaurex.
    Grift? Grift presumes I make you know... money. I've yet to get paid anything or open a patreon.

Grift? Grift presumes I make you know... money. I've yet to get paid anything or open a patreon.
    You don't have to get to pay to grift...