Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Anduin the Good: "Okay my spies say that Sylvanas is going to be moving her forces to Silithus."
    Tyrande the Ancient: "I'll send literally my entire army away from our homelands to stop them. That's a smart idea, right?"
    Velen the actual former Precog: "I don't see any problems with this."
    Genn the Neutered: "Grumble grumble Sylvanas (but not the rest of the Horde) grumble grumble."
    The Dwarves and Gnomes: <Not existing in the plot>
    Turalyon the Battlefront Boss: "I mean I could just send the Vindi-- The Vindica-- ... Wait, what was I talking about?"

Also the Horde can never win the faction war even if it did make sense because they'd have to end the game or actually alter the world. A Horde victory means genocide and enslavement where an Alliance victory means at worst a dead warchief and a slap on the wrist. Once you realize that you realize how absolutely dumb a faction war expansion is from the start.
    First post where I chuckled, have an upvote

Fuck even Game of Thrones Season 8 is a literary masterpiece compared to this
    No. Daenerys Targaryen's character assassination is worse than anything that happened in BfA. At least Sylvanas had 15 years of being a despciable villain. Daenerys was literally butchered. She went from "Queen willing to sacrifice herself to protect the world" to "Mad Queen" in the span of 40 minutes. No character in Warcraft comes close to this assassination.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think that most people have problems with how character suddenly become incompeted for the sake of the story line and tbh its a shame blizzard does this. There is enough time to properly convey a story by questing but somehow they just dont see it and because of this i think that they bench many many characters who could have been a boon to the lore.

My idea is, let Blizzard take their time with their expansions and design mainquests around classes. This way they can show what every character is doing and let them finally meet up at the finale. This ensures that people will truly contribute to their factions as a certain class and this way the story gets fleshed out with many many quests for the class. The normal filler quests can always stay general.

To do the above takes time, but here is the catch, if people want to know what every side character did or wants to know the full story, then they have to play as every class. You can eveb devide the mainquest for horde and alliance players so that even if your a druid you still get different mainquests. And again wanting to know everything about the story will drive people playing horde and alliance classes (for perfectionists).

All the above make sure that people stay longer subscribed and the story can get conveyed alot better. But thats my intake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Writing being bad is one thing. But hot damn, its more heavy-handed than drunkard father on friday night. Its almost as if blizzard accepted that their writers are too bad to naturally tell a story so they need to nail every point with a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Because no video game ever, not even an MMO has ever had a compelling or even passable story.
    Not sure what you are standard is here. the plot don't tend to be Academy Award stuff. OTOH, the one in Legion was good enough to provide fun. The one in BfA has been hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    what 3? we lost Saurfang, that is 1 - who else did we lose?
    Nathanos, Sylvanas, Rastakahn.

Saurfang was the only orc hero as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post

They literally brought Thrall back. And (unfortunately) you haven't lost Nathanos yet. Or Sylvanas.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Nathanos and Sylvanas are still alive. Rastakhan technically not part of the Horde, Zanda trolls joined after his death

sylvanus' character is as consistent as it's always been, she's always been an egotistical sociopath with a short-temper and a loud mouth.
    nathanos had no character, now he's worse for being the self-insert for the cuck-king of sylvanas fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde since the beginning of time, what a suprise they also attacked first... AGAIN. We could have had Jaina burning it down to frame the horde or have the alliance attack first for once but nooo...

No matter how much the Horde beat the Alliance they always just won anyway. Lordaeron plaguebombed and lost their entire army? Just summon jaina. She can suddenly remove blight and blast walls with a magic ship and teleport them anywhere.

Then they realised that their writers couldnt fucking write a morally grey story so they give the alliance straight up Purge squads to kill the Vulpera. Totally not out of character

Alliance didnt lose a single character while the horde lost 3, what a suprise

Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»

Fuck even Game of Thrones Season 8 is a literary masterpiece compared to this
    The problem isn't the writing. I thought the story was well done. Sylvanas no longer needed the Horde so she quit her job. You ever see Half Baked, where the guy goes F you, F you, you're cool, F you, I quit? That was what Sylvanas did.

No, the problem is you WANT to be pissed about it. Unfortunately for you (and for us having to read your screed) is that you don't understand the story. That's why you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    "I dont like thing, therefor it's bad", every time game X releases the number of hobby writers crying wRiTiNg bAd increases in unmeasurable numbers, suddenly every "Gamer" is a high art Connoisseur, newsflash Warcrafts Lore is aimed at 12 Year old's since ATLEAST Warcraft 3 in substance.
    No it isn't. Specifically BfA is not. Ion said it at the beginning of BfA. They wanted to go somewhat GoT, Rains of Castamere, which is a Mature-rated episode of GoT. They wanted to tell a more "mature" story. Which made me lol.

What they really wanted is to live out their sick obsession with a corpse with boobs and a vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    No. Daenerys Targaryen's character assassination is worse than anything that happened in BfA. At least Sylvanas had 15 years of being a despciable villain. Daenerys was literally butchered. She went from "Queen willing to sacrifice herself to protect the world" to "Mad Queen" in the span of 40 minutes. No character in Warcraft comes close to this assassination.
    it was either that, or endorse incest.

Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»
    It's not much better on Alliance side tbh. Nelves get roflstomped, genocided, leader ridiculed, now look at the finale cinematic. Nelf armies marching under the command of the BUTCHER of Ashenvale. Then Anduin gives his father's blade, an ELVEN blade to the one who planned the attack on Teldrassil!!!

Are you fucking kidding me?

Even Alliance races (bar humans probably) are sick of having to bow to the "human potential".

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    The problem isn't the writing. I thought the story was well done. Sylvanas no longer needed the Horde so she quit her job. You ever see Half Baked, where the guy goes F you, F you, you're cool, F you, I quit? That was what Sylvanas did.

No, the problem is you WANT to be pissed about it. Unfortunately for you (and for us having to read your screed) is that you don't understand the story. That's why you don't like it.
    Please explain the "brilliance" of the story for those of us not endowed with the wisdom to understand on our own...

I bet you can't because the writing is so BS that amateurs could have done a better job!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's not much better on Alliance side tbh. Nelves get roflstomped, genocided, leader ridiculed, now look at the finale cinematic. Nelf armies marching under the command of the BUTCHER of Ashenvale. Then Anduin gives his father's blade, an ELVEN blade to the one who planned the attack on Teldrassil!!!

Are you fucking kidding me?

Even Alliance races (bar humans probably) are sick of having to bow to the "human potential".
    Time for a rebellion!
    A breath of fresh air. Instead of a Skeletor Warchief, we shall rise against a Carebear High King! I bet he would fly away on a rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post

Okay but those of us that do understand the story and still find it to be trite garbage... what about us? It's okay to be wrong and have bad taste. We won't judge you (out loud.)

snip
    You know, I can relate. I got angry over BfA far too many times and even unsubscribed, listing the current story as the main reason.
    While I don’t agree with all your points, I understand your frustration.
    Even so, when the last batch of cinematics came out, I got irritated. I won’t go on a rant about the specific reasons for my negative feelings, but there was a few things that just got on my nerves and reaffirmed that quitting was the right thing to do for now.
    Then I saw that one reaction video on a cinematic called “The negotiations”. “Skoll Shorties” YouTube channel, if you feel like checking it out.
    I felt like a absolute asshole. I gotta admit, seeing that guy loose his shit over just a glimpse of Rexxar, his favorite, made me wonder “why don’t I feel like that anymore?”. Sure, being a troll fan and seeing Zandalar for the first time was exciting and I even accepted questionable plotlines and lore retcons here and there, but this pure expression of nerdgasm? No. Haven’t had that for years. And that Skoll guy wasn’t in the middle or Rexar questline or some Rexar spotlight moment, no. Rexar was just there in-between more significant lore figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Black Man of Steal View Post
    Stop.

Yeah, they have. Since Warcraft 1.

Horde has always been the villains. They tried to redeem them with WC3, but even then Grom was going around killing humans without provocation. It was clear since then that the Horde will always be like that. Sorry, but Daelin was right.

Maybe you should have protested against a Warchief that hates all life. But instead what Horde players did was the complete opposite. They protested that they had to side with the "traitor" Saurfang and demanded that they be able to side with Sylvanas instead. That is what Horde players wanted and that is what they got.

The Horde is as evil as Horde players want them to be. Play Alliance if you wanna be good.
    This is utter nonsense. The Horde isn't intended to be the villains, you just need to have two eyes and see how Blizzard constantly writes the faction conflict. Sure, many people sided with Sylvanas out of mere fanboism but many other Horde players weren't merely willing to endure another civil war, once again starting with one big promoted "Horde vs Alliance" conflict ending into another pretentious journey to find life's meaning or something. In other words, people were tired of going trough the same shit all over again and are obviously even more annoyed now (even though it could have been worse admittedly, since the actual civil war has been somewhat avoided).

The actual issue doesn't even come close from what you're saying here: if the Horde was exactly like you defined it, there will be less issues. Sure, several people (myself included) wouldn't like it, but at least you would find a degree of consistency in it. But there's no consistency at all, because while Blizzard blatantly denies the idea that one faction is "good" and the other is "bad" they stubbornly find convenient to always use the Horde as the picklock good to instigate conflict, while the Alliance always reacts; this is all about their inability to find different ways to handle this particular storyline. Hell, they didn't even have the ability to do that in a proper way, since they came up with a plastic and inconsistent plot that made Sylvanas the new Warchief of the Horde out of nowhere and predictably used one of the most messed up characters of the franchise to start this nonsense.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2019-10-06 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I have never thought of the story being stellar even in the old Warcraft 2 and 3 games. To me it's the same quality as back then when it comes to story, back then there was probably more consistency since it was also less lore to take into account. I've always just been "lets see where this is going" and don't really invest more than that.

Personally I'm curious where Sylvanas is going. I know people hate on that and people are just harping about "evul cus evul lul, shit story" but even I who don't really invest much see it's pretty obvious there are more things to it. I kinda feel like much of the hate are exaggerated because of memes. People are just doing one liners to explain why someone did what etc etc...
    *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This is utter nonsense. The Horde isn't intended to be the villains, you just need to have two eyes and see how Blizzard constantly writes the faction conflict. Sure, many people sided with Sylvanas out of mere fanboism but many other Horde players weren't merely willing to endure another civil war, once again starting with one big promoted "Horde vs Alliance" conflict ending into another pretentious journey to find life's meaning or something. In other words, people were tired of going trough the same shit all over again and are obviously even more annoyed now (even though it could have been worse admittedly, since the actual civil war has been somewhat avoided).

The actual issue doesn't even come close from what you're saying here: if the Horde was exactly like you defined it, there will be less issues. Sure, several people (myself included) wouldn't like it, but at least you would find a degree of consistency in it. But there's no consistency at all, because while Blizzard blatantly denies the idea that one faction is "good" and the other is "bad" they stubbornly find convenient to always use the Horde as the picklock good to instigate conflict, while the Alliance always reacts; this is all about their inability to find different ways to handle this particular storyline. Hell, they didn't even have the ability to do that in a proper way, since they came up with a plastic and inconsistent plot that made Sylvanas the new Warchief of the Horde out of nowhere and predictably used one of the most messed up characters of the franchise to start this nonsense.
    This has been the Alliance spin for while. I've always wondered what they expected (and expect now). A few seem to think that the Horde players want to be evil, but then one wonders why they thought that players who wanted to play evil characters kept insisting they weren't evil and shouldn't be written that way.

The other seems to be that they wanted have a perfect situation where they get to test themselves against players willing to play evil characters to be there foes? But when Blizzard essentially gave them what they want, it was trash. Not sure what they expected. That Horde players would be willing to have their characters turned evil without quitting? That their faction just being a source of villains for Alliance characters would be satisfying? That Horde players would go over the Alliance instead of just unsubscribing?