Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    To the OP, very sorry you had this experience.
    If you're looking to join a guild on Skeram Alliance let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well it's not like humans have evolved much in the past 15 years. This was perfectly expectable.
    if anything we have de-evolved lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    if anything we have de-evolved lol
    100%, perfect example is the zoomers.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    awwww let me guess, you played a suboptimal spec and got passed over for someone who plays a superior spec, or lost a loot roll

Are you already 60? If so, you are in the top 5%. The top 5% are more likely to be elitists. All the casuals are still levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Yeah well, back in 2005 people were far more relaxed about this stuff. That's why Classic can not duplicate vanilla experience.
    They were generally. The first time I had the weird feeling about elitists pricks was in vanilla Ironforge when this priest started bragging in /say about how much his renew ticked for, mages chiming in on their highest crits.

I'm thinking WTF, it's numbers on the screen! This is supposed to be fun! Get out of my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I think there are many different kinds of gamers, but there are two I'm most interested in. Min/Maxers and Min/Max haters.

I never really separated them like that before, but I noticed it after I showed my brother Diablo 3. I've played it for a long time and he never had. I told him the entire time exactly what he should do each step, but he refused to listen to me, going forward on blind faith that simply playing the game would give him a comparable character that we could play together with.

As you might expect, as we went into the end game, he couldn't even stand at the entrance of the rifts I was easily soloing. Literally, we couldn't play together and he got depressed.

I told him, "hey buddy, let me show you" and we farmed up the set I told him about at first, then I showed him how he needed to change his gameplay style(to which he was VERY resistant) and showed him where he could research his character.

He finally was able to barely keep up with me in a rift, but his dps never really got great, and he certainly couldn't have solo'd the rifts I could, but he at least had a passable character that could do some end game content.

Later I talked to him about it and asked if he had fun. He said he loved the game, but didn't like min/maxing. He wanted to play how he wanted, and didn't find it fun to have to research and work outside of the game to get good inside the game.

I told him that was so strange, because I was the exact opposite. The fun I have with games is planning my epicness from day 1, researching, logging, improving, and finally becoming competitive with top tier players based on plans I started weeks, months, or even years earlier.

He couldn't understand that, just like I couldn't understand his preference for a shallow arcade experience.

We just like different types of games, we are different people.

So, in WoW, lots of different gamers play this game. These "elitists" you run into are probably just those with the same mindset as a min/maxer and you may have a different mindset. There are also classic players who have the mindset of my brother. Despite all this time playing these games, I never really realized how differently people prefer to play. There are so many people that just don't care if their character is meta, and my min/maxing is just as strange to them as their character decisions are to me. Even my own brother has a totally different mindset.

Anyway, cool story, tldr. I get it. I just found it interesting.
    The only issue is, most of the information that these min/maxers are getting are directly from pservers. Not to mention none of the "subpar" specs had the time to shine or experiment fully before vanilla was over.

I like to min max in some regards, but the min/maxers are hard set on almost religiously shitting on people that want to play other specs that can perform quite well under the right min/maxing which they should applaud since they themselves are min/maxers, the elitists are hypocrites plain and simple.

Pugging sucks in every xpac. Everyone wants to go fast. I can imagine classic being rough if you only play solo.

I haven't had any experiences like this in Classic though, since I only play with my guild/friends. We've even been recruiting more mature casual players that don't take the game too seriously, but not sure if that's for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Make your own group. Find a group of like geared people. Work on rebuilding the community of Vanilla that everyone remembers loving and stated it never mattered what you played.
    But he needs to be carried and the people who can carry him won't do it for free.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

It does go both ways. I've met a ton of nice, reasonable people that are just there to have fun. Most are older and have jobs. We had all this shit cleared and on farm 15 years ago, before all the nerfs and class buffs. We're not in a hurry.

You know the people that you group with on a quest, and they stick around after they've completed it to help you finish? They're the ones that invite DPS druids and priests to groups, the ones that don't freak out and quit if you wipe once. Those are the people you want to be playing with.

These other guys, what I call the tourists, that just rushed to 60, rushed to BIS, and are now bitching that there's not enough to do can go suck an egg. Or better yet, go back to Fortnite. They won't last, and they won't be missed. There's a better class of player out there, you just have to look for them.
    Last edited by phattsao; 2019-10-10 at 03:05 PM.

I am going to guess that the OP plays on a pvp server, but correct me if I am wrong. It's just from my experience all the try-hards went there, while the people that are more chilled about the game are on PvE servers.

Personally, playing on a pve server, the few dungeons I have done all had a) noobs/people unfamiliar with the dungeons, b) sub-optimal specs dpsing and c) hybrids filling in for the roles they didn't spec. Nobody in any of the groups had an issue with any of the above and yes, the runs where slower than having all the optimal specs blowing shit up, but we completed them all and people where all behaving like adults having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Yeah well, back in 2005 people were far more relaxed about this stuff. That's why Classic can not duplicate vanilla experience.
    In 2005 most people didn't know how bad most specs were. A lot of them didn't even have damage meters.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    something something talent system, something something itemization, something something you die during leveling.
    Yeah, people have been claiming that vanilla was tough as nails, and with classic using 1.12 gear as a baseline it got even easier. Frankly, most people who were talking about vanilla being harder were from private servers.
    I would 100% say that questing in classic is harder than in live. But not by some obscene amount. It's harder in the sense that you're more likely to die if you pull an extra mob or two, so you need to be a bit more aware of your surroundings...but it's not 'hard' hard just 'harder than retail' hard while questing.

Once you get to level cap I'd say Mythic + and heroic/mythic raids are harder than Classic pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I would 100% say that questing in classic is harder than in live. But not by some obscene amount. It's harder in the sense that you're more likely to die if you pull an extra mob or two, so you need to be a bit more aware of your surroundings...but it's not 'hard' hard just 'harder than retail' hard while questing.

Once you get to level cap I'd say Mythic + and heroic/mythic raids are harder than Classic pve.
    I can't remember the last time I died in the world in BFA that wasn't either a PvP death or falling off of a cliff.

From which region are you,OP?

From my experience,I've heard a lot of such stories from NA realms,but not nearly as much from other regions.
    Not trying to flame,I'm just trying to figure out if there's indeed an issue with the community on NA realms

What's the author is complaining about, exactly ? You know how are people, how they act, how they "think", still go for an unusual spec and still be surprise to face exactly what you expected to face.

The author is just a troll playing dumb. Fire burn, water wet, people are jerks.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"
    Surprised you went that long before running into it. I've been seeing that nonsense all over zone and trade chats everywhere.

But how did this ruin Classic for you? This nonsense existed in Vanilla. And, just like Vanilla, there are far more guilds that don't pay attention to that garbage and play the game as a game having fun with all members.

Surprise.. somebody yet again doesn't understand you don't pug content and you join a guild.

Pugs are cancer, always been, always will be.

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    so someone said you had a bad spec and it ruined it for you?

why are people so sensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm level 28 and been played for 50+ hours...god knows how long those with their gear have been playing /:s
    at 20 days played