Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    At the very least, it seems some conservatives are actually waking up from their fevered dreams going "Damn, I can't believe I drank the kool-aid for that long" and turning against Trump.
    I think that perception is effect of your own cool-aid rather then reality.

Because it isn't first time such perception appeared - and then waned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some zealots will always believe glorious leader no matter what. But with even Fox, the right's biggest propaganda network, turning on Trump and starting to reject the path of authoritarianism, I have to wonder what will happen. Things are looking bad for Trump and his lackeys, really bad. Unless someone looks at the polls and goes "POLLS ARE FAKE NEWS!" to which most people will just laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

So yeah, something I've been thinking about. The whole Russia thing and figuring out if the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to get dirt on Hillary, to run misinformation campaigns in the 2016 election. During that time, all of the Trumpkins were screaming no collusion, no obstruction, etc.

Now, President (not candidate) Trump is abusing the power of the presidency to directly collude with a foreign nation for the purpose of changing the outcome of the 2020 election. He was caught red handed breaking a law. So even if it's not Russia, it's clear that Trump has no qualms about colluding with foreign nations to win at any cost. Interesting how the alt-right defense has gone from full denial to well... full denial. Their only defenses now have been to either try and claim Biden did something illegal (he didn't) or just claim that even if Trump did break the law, it's not illegal because Trump is president. That's the BEST they have. I really wish our legislature had the nuts to play hardball politics and push the issue.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Well, Giuliani's associates in the Ukraine got arrested by the Southern District of New York this morning for campaign finance crimes. This isn't a great look for Giuliani.

It is amazing how many of these peoples associates wind up in jail, perhaps the party of law and order should stop hanging out with Criminals?

Anyway this could be pretty big. If these guys are willing to cooperate on the plea deals, they know everything, at least enough to lock up Giuliani. And we have Trump on his onw transcripts personally assigning Giuliani to this.

Ukraine's president says 'no blackmail' in Trump call

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said there was "no blackmail" in a phone call with Donald Trump that is at the heart of a possible attempt to remove the US president from office.

"This is not corruption, it was just a call," Mr Zelensky said on Thursday.

The call prompted a whistleblower complaint and Democratic impeachment inquiry of the Republican president.

Mr Trump denies withholding US aid while pressuring Ukraine to investigate political rival Joe Biden.

Impeachment is a process by which Congress can vote to oust a president - though it requires support from a majority of both chambers and as such, is currently thought unlikely to pass the Republican-controlled Senate.

Speaking to reporters at a news conference in Kiev on Thursday, Mr Zelensky said of his 25 July call with Mr Trump: "There was no blackmail. It was not the subject of our conversation."

He said the purpose of the conversation was to arrange a meeting with Trump, and there were no "conditions" from the American side.

Mr Zelensky also said he does not believe US-Ukraine relations will be affected by the impeachment inquiry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ukraine's president says 'no blackmail' in Trump call

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said there was "no blackmail" in a phone call with Donald Trump that is at the heart of a possible attempt to remove the US president from office.

"This is not corruption, it was just a call," Mr Zelensky said on Thursday.

The call prompted a whistleblower complaint and Democratic impeachment inquiry of the Republican president.

Mr Trump denies withholding US aid while pressuring Ukraine to investigate political rival Joe Biden.

Impeachment is a process by which Congress can vote to oust a president - though it requires support from a majority of both chambers and as such, is currently thought unlikely to pass the Republican-controlled Senate.

Speaking to reporters at a news conference in Kiev on Thursday, Mr Zelensky said of his 25 July call with Mr Trump: "There was no blackmail. It was not the subject of our conversation."

He said the purpose of the conversation was to arrange a meeting with Trump, and there were no "conditions" from the American side.

Mr Zelensky also said he does not believe US-Ukraine relations will be affected by the impeachment inquiry.
    Nobody cares Zenkai… literally nobody cares.

Zelensky wasn't the victim here, he was the willing accomplice, of course he is going to deny it. I don't know why you think this exonerates anyone. What do you think he was going to say, that he went along with Trump on a scheme to provide political dirt in an American Presidential election in order to secure foreign aid? This is a guy that ran on an anti-corruption platform, of course he can't say that.

Meaningless content right here. Try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Nobody cares Zenkai… literally nobody cares.

Zelensky wasn't the victim here, he was the willing accomplice, of course he is going to deny it. I don't know why you think this exonerates anyone. What do you think he was going to say, that he went along with Trump on a scheme to provide political dirt in an American Presidential election in order to secure foreign aid? This is a guy that ran on an anti-corruption platform, of course he can't say that.

Meaningless content right here. Try harder next time.
    I know some people don't care about facts but it won't stop me from posting it. Congress will not get Trump on quid-pro-quo, they might get him on asking foreign aid for help though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sadly, he is compromised by now and he might just be saying this exactly because he -is- getting blackmailed for real.
    Also: why the person who claims that is a enlightened centrist always (and by that i mean 100% of the replies that i've read of him while here) goes out of his way to defend Dotard Tang, and to attackd dems/progressives? Could it be that he's in reality a Trumpette that can't say it openly?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, he is compromised by now and he might just be saying this exactly because he -is- getting blackmailed for real.
    Also, his political clout takes a nosedive if he admits he's working for Trump. It's kind of like what's happening to Trump when he admits he's working for Turkey, Iran, Syria and Russia. "Oh, no you guys, I was going to investigate Biden again on my own anyhow whether Trump asked or not! Seriously!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some people don't care about facts but it won't stop me from posting it. Congress will not get Trump on quid-pro-quo, they might get him on asking foreign aid for help though.
    This I agree with. Republicans will refuse to see the quid pro quo angle, not because isn't there, but because they don't want too. However the obstruction and foreign aid is really hard to ignore.

As far as the facts, well it is a fact that Zelensky denies it, but that doesn't mean anything because there isn't really any scenario in which he wouldn't deny it. And if that person would say the same thing no matter what the facts are, then the fact they said that thing is irrelevant in figuring out what happened. It is like asking your four year old who broke the flower pot in the kitchen. Kid is going to deny it weather he did or not.

You mean people being blackmailed lied about being blackmailed?

Go figure.

It's a shame so many people want to deflect for corrupt fascists.

7+ Year Old Account
    “Facts”

Zenkai, can you post another thread about how schiff is a hypocrite for following the law?

What fact(s) did you provide again?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

when your country is in a shooting fight with another country many times its size you will do whatever is necessary to keep military aid flowing.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...U97u8lEuozw7I0

Trump, the eternal snowflake, wants an "apology" from the whistleblower.

Wasn't this man supposed to be tough and make a stand against liberal snowflakes?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's just amazing how disconnected with reality you remain with politics. It doesn't matter what Ukraine Pres says - he was an accomplice, and he got, what, $400MM from Trump after the call that wasn't a call.

Moreover, we already know, from multiple independent sources, that Trump in fact withheld those funds in an attempt to get dirt on Biden. IIRC there are now four independent sources, from both Executive Branch staff and the State Department.

I get that you need to read into the story what you want, but you're (once again) not taking anything in context. It would be like Manafort saying that nothing happened and nothing illegal transpired. Who fucking cares? He's lying. He's an accomplice.

What's really stunning to me, constantly, is that outside of politics you make some fairly rational statements - I don't always agree, but they certainly make me think. But here, in this sub forum, you just don't seem to want to deal with facts and reality in the broader picture.

I mean, do you really think Trump is just innocent of everything and the entire affair, everything the Dems have accused him of, and everything Trump's been charged with, is just a witch hunt? Did you feel the same way about Hillary?

Congress will get Trump on quid pro quo, because that's precisely what happened. The Senate will probably not convict, but it doesn't matter, as that is entirely a political event. The people of the United States and the world can see for themselves what really happened, and, what apparently continues to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ukraine President said "snip"
    Hi MMO Champ I am totally not a Trump supporter and didnt vote for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump, the eternal snowflake, wants an "apology" from the whistleblower.
    "I'm sorry I ever worked for you."
    -- what I'd say, if I was the whistleblower.

Remember, Trump is claiming the call to Ukraine's President -- the call he locked away in a National Security Lol vault of sorts -- was nice and perfect and legal and bigly. He even released what he claims is the transcript. Apologize for what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ruh roh.
    Aaaaaaaaaaand they've already been subpoena'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Hi MMO Champ I am totally not a Trump supporter and didnt vote for him.
    Good for you

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...id-white-house

However, in this instance, the Journal reported, career officials at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) became apprehensive that they didn’t have the legal authority to hold up the funds.

The withholding of aid was originally carried out by career OMB officials, but eventually Michael Duffey, associate director of national security programs in OMB, was given the authority to continue holding the funds after staffers made their concerns over the legality of the matter known, the Journal reported.

Duffey was previously a high-ranking Pentagon official and the executive director of the Wisconsin Republican Party.

Former OMB officials told the Journal that it's highly unusual for a political officer like him to gain such power.
    So again, we have career, non-partisan employees raising warning signs about illegal behavior by the administration only to have the administration ignore them and have political appointees continue to carry on the potentially illegal behavior.

If this isn't a giant red siren to literally anyone paying attention about the depth and scope of the corruption in the administration I don't know what else could be. This is hardly the first time we've heard reports to this effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Mattis coined the term “No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy.” I wonder how he feels about that now.
    Indeed. Hey speaking of Mattis, has anyone seen McMaster?

REPORTER: "Is it appropriate for the president of the United States to solicit foreign interference in our political process?"

MCMASTER: "Of course no. No, it's absolutely not. And of course, what has to happen here is seeing our democracy play out. Seeing our separation of powers play out. And for the American people, and their representatives in Congress, to make a judgment of whether that happened."
    Yep, there he is.