Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb I love Mechagnomes but they need different classes

First of all, sorry if my english is not so good.

I loved Mechagnomes, i know that some people hate them and dont like this type of short races, but i like and love that Blizzard put it ingame. I understand the concern of other people about Horde got allways best things, and i agree with that. And i think that Blizzard need, in the next Allies Races, give to the Alliance a new race and a reskin race to the Horde, but lets wait whats happen. I play both sides and like both.

But well, lets go back to the topic. Loved Mechagnomes, loved their theme and all the other things about them. At the moment the customization in the PTR is not so good but hope that Blizzard create more customization options for them, because this race is a great opportunity to put new things ingame, with these mechanical options. And i think that they are going to put new customizations options before launch.

The real problem of Mechagnomes is not what they are, if you dont like them dont play them, there is options for all, the real problem is that they have the same classes options that Gnomes and less options that Vulpera (for example). Mechagnomes need something diferent in terms of class. And i see two great options here: Mechagnome Paladin or Mechagnome Shaman or who know Mechagnome Druids (Alliance has one less druid than Horde).

I really think that they are waiting Blizzcon or any other moment, before launch of 8.3, to announce a new class for them that is different that normal Gnomes. I see Paladin the best option for Mechagnomes. And i really hope that Blizzard is waiting another moment to made and announce. If Mechagnomes dont get something diferent from Gnomes i dont really understand why they put as Allied Race, does not make any sense.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker would fit them perfectly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if tinker is real, fit perfect, but for normal Gnomes too... I think that Mechagnomes need some class that normal Gnomes don't have
    Last edited by AlexGP; 2019-10-10 at 08:40 PM.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Really, none of those classes fit them lorewise. Considering their lack of previous contact with the Alliance, I daresay even priests are a bit of a stretch- much less paladins. Of course, it could've possibly been made to work as their lore was established in 8.2, but since that hasn't happened, none of those classes are going to work from a lore perspective.

And frankly, given how much everyone whines about the lore these days, fucking it even more with race-class combinations is the last thing they should do.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

If they have Kul Tiran Wicker-beasts and Zandalari Dinosaurs, maybe Mechagnome Druid could be a thing.

I'd be down for mecha-kitties and mecha-hamster-bears

I understand your point and I agree that all allied races should offer some variety over their "main race", but the way classes are right now, I don't think any of the other classes make sense.

To expand on it: A shaman would make sense if, instead of focusing on the connection with elementals they would use the elements as pure energy, without the spiritualism. And druids would need to focus on the transforming aspect and not the nature aspect. Paladins would use the Light literally, as lasers, without the religious themes.

All of this could only work if we had race specific class "skins", which would have the same abilities but with different visuals and lore justification. If this is ever implemented, then all races could have their own version of every class, but until then, I'm afraid the existing restrictions are necessary to preserve what little racial and class identity remains.

Electroshock shaman, transformer druid and tinker. Those are the real classes for mechagnomes

5+ Year Old Account

Hell yes gimme mechagnome shamans.

mechagnomes, and a few other races, just highlight how badly wow needs to make classes be re-skinned for certain races.

they could have a paladin(assume all classes i talk about here would also be re-named to fit their new looks) class that uses mechanical electricity instead of light, shaman that use all electricity, that kind of shit.

just more strong arguments for "class skins" as it was called when it was a big fad a while back to talk about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Both Vulpera and mechagnomes have weird class choices

Why are they warlocks?
    How is a mechagnome able to be a monk?
    What faith does a mechagnome have that allows him to become a priest?
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?

I realize I sound as a party pooper. But I think they should be more limited to what classes they can be:

Vulpera: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman
    Mechagnome: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGP View Post
    Sure, if tinker is real, fit perfect, but for normal Gnomes too... I think that Mechagnomes need some class that normal Gnomes don't have
    There is no classes a Mechagnome could have that a normal can't. Infact, due to them being mechanical again, I could imagine some classes should've disappeared.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mechagnomes only have one less choice than Vulpera. It's not a horrible imbalance. Blizzard tries to keep Paladins/Druids to the more serious races and not whore it out like they do mages/rogues/warriors where EVERY race can have it. There's a certain level of prestige associated with them, shamans as well, but not as much as druid/pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    mechagnomes, and a few other races, just highlight how badly wow needs to make classes be re-skinned for certain races.

they could have a paladin(assume all classes i talk about here would also be re-named to fit their new looks) class that uses mechanical electricity instead of light, shaman that use all electricity, that kind of shit.

just more strong arguments for "class skins" as it was called when it was a big fad a while back to talk about.
    I mean, paladins have already been reskinned for Tauren.

And I just wanted a mechagome druid so much... Because you know, they could lean into the mechanical transormations over nature based ones.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, paladins have already been reskinned for Tauren.

And I just wanted a mechagome druid so much... Because you know, they could lean into the mechanical transormations over nature based ones.
    tauren aren't re-skinned, that's the main problem with tauren paladins.

they should have fiery solar energies.

i'm talking full-on actual re-skinning the entire classes and re-naming them what they should be in lore. you see a tauren paladin in game, it's called a sunwalker. you see a draenei warlock, it's called an augari/wakener, etc. etc.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-10-10 at 09:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well. i understand that lore thing but... If there is a Race that can fit with any class i think that its Mechagnomes. They are inventors, they change the organic materia for mechanical things, their purpose is to change the organic world for a mechanical world. I think that if they can do that, they can learn to transform in cat, bear, etc... like a Druid, or use light things as a power like Paladin or be a Electroshock Shaman. I dont know but i think that is easy to implement these classes in terms of lore than others options that are already ingame for other races, like Tauren Paladin? Or Zandalari Paladin?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post

Hell yes gimme mechagnome shamans.
    I've always thought that set looked like crap but they make it look sweet.

10+ Year Old Account

Stare into the abyss and it might stare back.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If they have Kul Tiran Wicker-beasts and Zandalari Dinosaurs, maybe Mechagnome Druid could be a thing.

I'd be down for mecha-kitties and mecha-hamster-bears
    Druid with small robotic forms would be dope, that's for sure. Make it happen Blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'm still waiting for my Kul Tiran Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Both Vulpera and mechagnomes have weird class choices

Why are they warlocks?
    How is a mechagnome able to be a monk?
    What faith does a mechagnome have that allows him to become a priest?
    Where did the Vulpera study the Arcane?

I realize I sound as a party pooper. But I think they should be more limited to what classes they can be:

Vulpera: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman
    Mechagnome: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage
    The vulperas had those scrolls didn't they?

As a mage main, I take for granted the fact most races can be mages, taurens are typically the only one that can't (on the horde), which is fine. But magic isn't something that is hard to learn or you need to be special in any way for, and I think all the scrolls hidden in uldum, there could've been ones that taught them how to utilize arcane, assuming they didn't already know from elsewhere.