Poll: Will yu boycott blizzard.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boycott as in delete my account? No.

But I don't buy much from them anymore anyways.

BlizzCon is going to be interesting so I guess ill make my decision then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could cancel my sub or continue to let blizzard pay for it.

hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I could cancel my sub or continue to let blizzard pay for it.

hmm
    except that gold is still paid for by someone else at 5$ extra so in reality someone is still paying blizzard for your sub...on top of the sub they already pay as well possibly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except that gold is still paid for by someone else at 5$ extra so in reality someone is still paying blizzard for your sub...on top of the sub they already pay as well possibly.
    And as soon as everyone I am selling too has canceled their sub I am going to think about deleting an account for a game I'm not paying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And as soon as everyone I am selling too has canceled their sub I am going to think about deleting an account for a game I'm not paying for.
    fair enough i guess.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have todo more research into it. There reports it wasnt even Blizzard but whomever they use in China that does the games for them. Suppose wait till more info comes out. Secondly im here to get away from politics rather it not be in a game and sporting events. Everyone knew China was bad anyways not like this is a new thing this has been going on for decades. Yet we still buy iphones and other goods from them... If it was against their ToS to keep politics out of events then they were within their right anyways. There are better avenues to convey political messages video games isnt really one of them. I will await official statement as with all the media im sure they are crafting one. Event was recent so rather see a good response versus a rash one and make any rash decisions.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Have todo more research into it. There reports it wasnt even Blizzard but whomever they use in China that does the games for them. Suppose wait till more info comes out. Secondly im here to get away from politics rather it not be in a game and sporting events. Everyone knew China was bad anyways not like this is a new thing this has been going on for decades. Yet we still buy iphones and other goods from them... If it was against their ToS to keep politics out of events then they were within their right anyways. There are better avenues to convey political messages video games isnt really one of them. I will await official statement as with all the media im sure they are crafting one. Event was recent so rather see a good response versus a rash one and make any rash decisions.
    if your here to get AWAY from politics then WHY did you go into the POLITICS section of the OFFTOPIC forum?

It's unlikely I will boycott them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    lol they have done worse shit before. But I do find it funny that most people joining the boycot probably buy from companies that directly shit on human rights(i.e Nike or Nestle).

Funny how that works, right?
    It's pretty hard to survive in the US these days without buying from a large corporation that doesn't in some way contribute to human suffering.

Unless you shop at one of those organic food stores that's budgeted for the upper middle class and above, you're not going to leave a store without buying something from these companies.

http://www.convergencealimentaire.info/map.jpg

Also, clothing, computers and other consumer electronics, and other daily life essentials are pretty much exclusively made in China, India, and Taiwan.

You're not going to be able to participate in modern society without supporting these companies in some way. However, many people on these forums in the past have stated that they avoid doing business with any company that does this sort of thing as best they can.

But guess what people can boycott without directly downgrading their lifestyle? A gaming company.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's pretty hard to survive in the US these days without buying from a large corporation that doesn't in some way contribute to human suffering.

Unless you shop at one of those organic food stores that's budgeted for the upper middle class and above, you're not going to leave a store without buying something from these companies.

http://www.convergencealimentaire.info/map.jpg

Also, clothing, computers and other consumer electronics, and other daily life essentials are pretty much exclusively made in China, India, and Taiwan.

You're not going to be able to participate in modern society without supporting these companies in some way. However, many people on these forums in the past have stated that they avoid doing business with any company that does this sort of thing as best they can.

But guess what people can boycott without directly downgrading their lifestyle? A gaming company.
    actually if you really wanted to you could grow your own vegetables and food. just reuse the seeds from the plants that sprout naturally. technically modern conveniences are NOT needed to actually live it is quite possible for a amount of people to live independently of said companies. not for everyone but it is possible.

Nope.

I disagree with the decision, but I believe it IS explicitly stated in their competition rules not to get political. I also don't believe in punishing the entirety of Blizzard because one or a few high-level execs thought they needed to do this to cover their asses. From the sound of things a lot of the low-level employees are also pretty pissed about the ordeal. I'm going to wait and see how this shakes out.

Blizz has done a lot more good than bad over the years in my eyes, and this smacks more of an "Activision-Kotick" choice than core "Blizzard". Hell, the controversy from this probably got a lot more eyes on the Hong Kong situation than that gamer's protest did, so that's a plus, at least. Still just a shitty situation all around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    actually if you really wanted to you could grow your own vegetables and food. just reuse the seeds from the plants that sprout naturally. technically modern conveniences are NOT needed to actually live it is quite possible for a amount of people to live independently of said companies. not for everyone but it is possible.
    A lot of people do do that, and a lot more could if they chose to move out of cities and live in the middle of nowhere as subsistence farmers because there's no jobs out there. I live in the suburbs of a city of about 120k population, and own about 1 acre of land with a 1600 sq ft house. That 1 acre of land is DEFINITELY not enough to grow enough food for myself. I can supplement my own food with it, and many people here do, but their supplemental food only accounts for 5-10% of their overall food needs. And even then, it's only easy to grow stuff like carrots, lettuce, potatoes, a little corn, etc. For balanced nutrition you need way more than that, and a lot of crops don't grow well in our climate. Plus that leaves out protein.

And that's not even considering the huge population that lives in cities where they own no more than an apartment with no land.

I do go to a local farmer's market for honey, fruits and vegetables, but ultimately I must at some point go to the super market to get things like chicken or beans for protein.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I was considering it, because what they* did was wrong.

*It wasn't really Blizzard, more their chinese wing they hold little control over.
    The funny thing is that I don't think many people realize just how many western pies Tencent has their fingers in these days, or how much they are worth. And people should be more worried about that, in the long run, then Blizzard suspending someone for speaking out against China. At the end of the day, we in the West need to start eliminating Chinese influence from our societies, and it starts by forcing out a company like Tencent from having any stake in any corporation internationally. Dismantling them will dismantle a big chunk of China's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    It's very VERY rare for me to boycott something. Having said that, yup - I am boycotting them. Basic Human Rights suppression for monetary gain is a line crossed for me. Say what you will about America, at least our population is TRYING to fix any bad shit our batshit administration is doing! >_<

Admittedly, all I'm not doing is simply not playing D3 ATM. :P

I'm glad to hear, however, that even some Blizz employees are stepping up and protesting in their own office over it. Hope that does something!

- - - Updated - - -

Name one Blizz has done on this level.

BTW - dafuq is with your avatar/name? Who were you before you namechanged?
    It was rederoin before.
    Easy way to check is to just visit waybackmachine and check some of his old threads.
    He got pretty radicalized.
    Here is his MAL: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/rederoin

OT:
    Boycotting Blizzard. Not giving a dime to a company that supports countries with harmful ideologies that break human rights.
    Last edited by Shaqur; 2019-10-10 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    No. After thinking about this from all perspectives, the only one who's in the wrong here is the Hearthstone player who decided to utilize a gaming interview as a platform to voice his political opinion and rightfully got banned for it.
    This is exactly how I feel.

He knew what would happen, it did, but then everyone else is outraged by it. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    No. After thinking about this from all perspectives, the only one who's in the wrong here is the Hearthstone player who decided to utilize a gaming interview as a platform to voice his political opinion and rightfully got banned for it.
    I'm not even going to call him wrong for that. The political situation is pretty awful over there, and I totally respect him for taking a stand, especially knowing what the potential penalties could be.

It's a shitty situation all around, frankly, and Blizzard had no good options. I won't necessarily go so far as to say they chose the least shitty one, but they did choose the most logical one from a business perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post

Love how you libs always misuse that comic.

And no, you don't need nestle to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was only booting up WoW once a month and i really don't see a reason to go back, it's more of the same.

Dislike the company cowardice and over the top response to please their chinese paymaster so yeah good time to clean up my HDD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm not even going to call him wrong for that. The political situation is pretty awful over there, and I totally respect him for taking a stand, especially knowing what the potential penalties could be.

It's a shitty situation all around, frankly, and Blizzard had no good options. I won't necessarily go so far as to say they chose the least shitty one, but they did choose the most logical one from a business perspective.
    There is enforcing the rules and enforcing the rules, they easily went completely over the top with their response.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Love how you libs always misuse that comic.

And no, you don't need nestle to survive.
    You do know Nestle owns literally 100's of thousands of products and hundreds of companies? You're probably buying something they sell and not even knowing it. And that's ignoring the problem most of their competitors also use similar shady practices.

I mean sure no one really made as much of a stink or ever does unless things like this happen but let's not pretend it's cheap or easy to dance around every company that did something questionable.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    No. Keep your political bullshit out of our video games, stupid SJW morons!
    Yeah politics and human experience is literally one of the main focal points of entertainment. Including video games. Good luck with that. Also TIL that valid concerns about an authoritarian government increasing its reach is SJW nonsense.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.