Poll: Brox vs Sylvanas

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    When is Sylvanas oozing with anything?
    When she saw papa Nzoth with those big tentacles.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Varok showed himself not very well against Sylvanas in a 1x1 battle, do you think his brother could have withstand better?
    P.S. Brox with the Axe of Cenarius
    I dont think we know enough about broxigar to know who would win
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Varok showed himself not very well against Sylvanas in a 1x1 battle, do you think his brother could have withstand better?
    P.S. Brox with the Axe of Cenarius
    Are we talking about Sylvanas with or without auto-win old god powers? If we're talking the former, and we're talking a Broxigar that isn't old and decrepit, yeah, he'd tear her apart though he'd take a beating in the process. It wouldn't be a one sided fight, but you can be sure it would be one that isn't in her favor.

However, this doesn't account for her plot armor or her automatic win old-god powers, she's obviously win in those cases by default. She's been abusing the power of plot armor for years, but I think it's just starting to wear thin... then again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    When is Sylvanas oozing with anything?
    Presumably referring to this, moments before Saurfang and Sylvanas' Mak'gora:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    In the opening trailer she turned into death fog and killed a bunch of soldiers, on top of her banshee scream there. Then she just beats Saurfang and kind of plays with him with just her martial skill, Saurfang even landing a small cut on her when she wasn't paying attention was a big deal, so even without whatever kind of god like power she has now, she could probably take him. I really just don't see a regular warrior being a threat to her, she was even beating Malfurion.
    But that is while she is in her banshee form...I'm talking about while she is in her elf form...she didn't ooze dark energy till the last cinematic.

Not to mention if I recall Mal took a battleaxe to the back, nearly losing a shoulder would affect anyones ability.
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2019-10-11 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sylvanas can probably best any “mortal” 1v1 at this point.
    She kept up with Malfurion in the War of Thorns and that was before she had even demonstrated any new purple-mega powers.
    Actually, in the game, Sylvanas almost died (again). If Saurfang would stand aside, he would still be alive. Ironic.
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Actually, in the game, Sylvanas almost died (again). If Saurfang would stand aside, he would still be alive. Ironic.
    Novel > game

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Novel > game
    "The warchief battles Stormrage alone.

If Sylvanas fell, it would be up to Saurfang to finish the job. He was not sure he could.

The fighting was still hundreds of feet away. Saurfang crept toward it, watching flashes of dark violet and emerald green ahead.

There was a tremendous explosion of darkness, and then a rising sound of collapsing trees. Saurfang ducked behind cover as an object flew through the air, bouncing off tree trunks before slamming to a halt in the dirt only thirty feet away.

The object raised its head—his head.

Saurfang saw antlers. Without thinking, he threw his axe.

The moment it left his hands, he wanted to call it back. That was Malfurion Stormrage, alive and preparing to rejoin the fight against the warchief.

The axe flipped end over end, crossing the distance in a second.

Malfurion did not sense it. Not until it was buried deep in his back.

Malfurion staggered, lifted his eyes to the night sky, and let out a breath. He collapsed. Saurfang’s axe handle stood at an angle, embedded in the elf’s flesh.

Saurfang felt no elation, only horror.

This was wrong. This was . . . shameful.

War was war, but Saurfang had lost a duel with Stormrage. And now he had struck him down from behind.

A dishonorable blow, Saurfang thought numbly. He is a hero of ten thousand years of war. I once fought at his side. And now I’ve felled him like a coward.

Saurfang did not want to look upon what he had done, but he forced himself to. Malfurion lay on his stomach, bleeding, breathing shallow, rattling breaths.

“I am sorry,” Saurfang told him.

“Do not be.”

Saurfang turned. Sylvanas stood next to him, smiling contentedly. “You did well.”

“I did not mean to interfere,” Saurfang said.

“I was having trouble finishing him. He was wasting my time.” Sylvanas ripped the axe free from Stormrage. The night elf grunted with pain, and blood gushed out of the wound, but he made no other sound."

You know,the fact,that she almost died (again, one of good things she is good at) and then boldly said,that she "had it all along",doesn't mean,that she was actually winning. The novel doesn't contradict the portrayal of their duel in game. The fact,that she was capable of pushing Malfurion back,doesn't mean,that he was about to lose.
    If somebody is watching the Walking Dead series, the Alliance reminds me of the Rick and the survivors and the Horde reminds me of the Negan and the saviors in season 7 - The Horde comes into your base, takes whatever it wants and,eventually, Alliance is ending up saying "thank you for that".

^ it doesnt mean she was about to lose lmao
    it was an ~equal fight against enraged Malf

did you read the quote yourself ?

There was a tremendous explosion of darkness, and then a rising sound of collapsing trees. Saurfang ducked behind cover as an object flew through the air, bouncing off tree trunks before slamming to a halt in the dirt only thirty feet away.

The object raised its head—his head.
    “I was having trouble finishing him. He was wasting my time.”
    I swear ..

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    No because axe of cenarius doesn't protect you from being blasted.
    The Axe of Cenarius would've gone through Sylvanas' daggers and cleaved her in half though.

Same thing would've happened to the Lich King if Dranosh Saurfang had the Axe of Cenarius back then.

Without that parry things would've turned out different.

Novel > game
    This novel is complete nonsense and it is very difficult to perceive it as a canonical source.
    Lorash, who is more than 7 thousand years old, although Anasterian was considered an old man in his 3 thousand
    Night elves who do not know about the secret cave (even Malfurion, who can literally talk to trees)
    Robbers who know how to change their appearance, although in Before the Storm Renzik complained that of all SI:7 agents, only he could openly be in Orgrimmar, because he was a goblin
    You also must not forget that Malfurion defended Teldrassil almost alone for several days, as the army sailed away (the novel indicated that Malfurion abruptly appeared, killed the Horde and disappeared). So no, even the nerfed and tired Malfurion was stronger than Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

People massively underestimate Broxigar here.
    He stood on Argus (!!!) and alone controlled the crowds of demons. Even the wild gods were crushed by crowds of demons, even being on Azeroth and surrounded by an army of ancient and night elves. Broxigar has incredible stamina. Also in the War of the Ancients it was mentioned that the axe strengthens its owner. Purely in theory, Brox could even survive the explosion of Sylvanas (the axe is related with the power of Life, as opposed to the power of the Death of Sylvanas).

^ it doesnt mean she was about to lose lmao
    it was an ~equal fight against enraged Malf

did you read the quote yourself ?

I swear ..
    There's a plothole in the novel,that is filled by the scene we see in game. The fact,that Blizzard tried to show in game,that Sylvanas has only 10% of her health bar left,while Malfurion had at least half of his was not for the game purposes - their intent was to show,that Sylvanas would die if not Saurfangs "heroic" throw in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Point that has been emphasized million times is that no matter how powerful one is, he/she is not immune to good strategy and tactic.
    But seeing that Brox is orc and Sylvanas is so much advanced.
    Right,that's why my main is a hunter - the "most powerful" class lorewise. Not a single warlock or mage can stand against the might of my arrows!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    actually, there is a description of a purple explosion in the book, isn't there? we had assumed it was one of sylvanas' explosive black arrows, but it may have been this energy. because whatever it was, sent malfurion flying into a tree.
    Didn't Malfurion say to Saurfang that he was helping "the enemy of life itself" or something along those lines? Might be a hint.

There's a plothole in the novel,that is filled by the scene we see in game. The fact,that Blizzard tried to show in game,that Sylvanas has only 10% of her health bar left,while Malfurion had at least half of his was not for the game purposes - their intent was to show,that Sylvanas would die if not Saurfangs "heroic" throw in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Right,that's why my main is a hunter - the "most powerful" class lorewise. Not a single warlock or mage can stand against the might of my arrows!
    Malfurion actually had 30% health

"explosion of darkness" is probably her new death magic, like the Sadfang killing bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sylvanas can probably best any “mortal” 1v1 at this point.
    She kept up with Malfurion in the War of Thorns and that was before she had even demonstrated any new purple-mega powers.
    Lol man malfurion had her pinned down when saurfang wounded him and saved sylvanas. Remember brox was able to injure sargeras himself with an axe made out of tree. So i dont see big chances that sylvanas will be able to beat him

nice fanfictions in here

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Well, yeah. Like, take any class 1v1 and one will have advantage over other. But! Warlocks can drain life.
    Well, I think,that lorewise, most popular classes such as rogues,warriors and hunters wouldn't stand a chance against warlocks,death knights,mages,demon hunters… After all,what do they have? Weapons and arrows? They will run circles crying when the first fireball would hit them. On a power level, there's no chance for an angry orc with an axe against somebody,who is capable to open rifts between realities and worlds.

The thing is,that any character, no matter how strong or weak he is lorewise,at certain moment can be written by Blizzard as strong as they want it - and,unfortunately, by doing so, they quite often contradict themselves,thus making their writing look like a total piece of shit. You know, it's like Batman vs Superman - based on all we know about them,Batman would have no chance against the Superman,yet Batman was superior.

You know,the fact,that she almost died (again, one of good things she is good at) and then boldly said,that she "had it all along",doesn't mean,that she was actually winning. The novel doesn't contradict the portrayal of their duel in game. The fact,that she was capable of pushing Malfurion back,doesn't mean,that he was about to lose.
    Except absolutely nothing in this passage even remotely hinted at the notion that Sylvanas almost died there. You're engaging in top tier fabrication right here. The same applies to your claim that the novel doesn't contradict the portrayal of their duel in the game when what we saw in both of the game and in the novel was the ending of it, with the in-game ending of the duel showing Malfurion rooting Sylvanas and smiting her ass while the novel ending showed Sylvanas throwing Malfurion away like a pebble. Which, you know, are two different things. And other than this passage what we've seen in the novel when it came to Sylvanas vs Malfurion is Malfurion running away from her at every opportunity, even on occasions when we've seen him entertain his power to great effect against other Horde members just before Sylvanas' arrival (vide him snuffing Lorash in an instant or him demolishing Saurfang and a bunch of his troops).

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Presumably referring to this, moments before Saurfang and Sylvanas' Mak'gora:
    <image snip>
    I know what @Sorotia was referring to. The thing is, that's not Sylvanas "oozing some Old God juju". It's her channeling a spell for a moment and then stopping. It's not any more oozing than it is when my Warlock channels a spell and its hands glow the same shade of purple and then I jump.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2019-10-11 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Except absolutely nothing in this passage even remotely hinted at the notion that Sylvanas almost died there. You're engaging in top tier fabrication right here. The same applies to your claim that the novel doesn't contradict the portrayal of their duel in the game when what we saw in both of the game and in the novel was the ending of it, with the in-game ending of the duel showing Malfurion rooting Sylvanas and smiting her ass while the novel ending showed Sylvanas throwing Malfurion away like a pebble. Which, you know, are two different things. And other than this passage what we've seen in the novel when it came to Sylvanas vs Malfurion is Malfurion running away from her at every opportunity, even on occasions when we've seen him entertain his power to great effect against other Horde members just before Sylvanas' arrival (vide him snuffing Lorash in an instant or him demolishing Saurfang and a bunch of his troops).
    Doesn’t the novel say that Malfurion did not want to enter the battle with Sylvanas because he knew that he could be surrounded and killed?