Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And so do basically Nightborne. So the Horde has still one race more with an entirely new model. Alliance needs something for Vulpera now and if Mogu goes to Horde yet another "new" model instead of a lazy reskin.
    Vulpera are basically slightly altered goblins. This is nothing as cool as Kul Tirans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    With the new friendly Mogu faction, you can bet your ass on it.
    Or they will get San'layn treatment.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Mogu for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde?
    Why mogu for the alliance dude? Dont you have enought titanforged race yet? Mogu have lot more relation with the zandalari so with horde than with any other race of the alliance it would be pretty silly to put them in the alliance and alliance should have vrykuls so plz dont say mogu for aliance i really dont understand why ppl even think mogu would go alliance

But to be honnest a race that would make sense for alliance and be verry cool is the etheareals which have more ties with alliance due to alleria and locus-walker
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-10-12 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Why mogu for the alliance dude? Dont you have enought titanforged race yet? Mogu have lot more relation with the zandalari so with horde than with any other race of the alliance it would be pretty silly to put them in the alliance and alliance should have vrykuls so plz dont say mogu for aliance i really dont understand why ppl even think mogu would go alliance
    People say that everything: naga, tuskarr, mogu, vrykul, man'ari and so on should be Alliance because Sylvanas burned Teldrassil. Seek logic somewhere else.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

If so I'd hope they go to the Horde, if only to give the Horde a more concrete link to the titans. I wouldnt even play one I just want the Horde to get a version of brann to turn of titan machinery for us rather then rely on a dwarf...

They have a lot of ingredients to become an allied race, but I'm skeptical until they get an updated model ready to wear player armor. Even that female model is just a scaled down copy of the boss in Throne of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    They have a lot of ingredients to become an allied race, but I'm skeptical until they get an updated model ready to wear player armor. Even that female model is just a scaled down copy of the boss in Throne of Thunder.
    That is irrelevant. It is about the story providing a way for them to join one of our factions.

They would be cool as the Pandaren equivalent allied race since apparently we're not getting Jinyu, and Hozen aren't anymore easier to add than Sethrak.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
    That is irrelevant. It is about the story providing a way for them to join one of our factions.
    Really? I dunno, I disagree.. in fact I'd say the opposite is true. The story is irrelevant... if Blizzard wants to make them an allied race, they'll come up with some lore justification. Evidence for me is in work done to model and art assets.

As they are on the PTR right now they seem similar to the gilgoblins in Nazjatar.... they're relevant because of the location of the plot, but they aren't set up to become playable (yet).
    Last edited by Rae888; 2019-10-12 at 08:13 PM.

Not really.
    This is the Sethrakk situation all over again. The models aren't rigged to use regular armours, with their different variants being directly affixed to their models. While not required, they also do not use the same basic rigging as any Horde or Alliance races as current. This means introducing the Mogu would require a full rebuild of their race, more akin to a Full Race rather than an Allied Race. As far as that goes they would have to be Alliance given that the Horde is long overdue for Ogres which are going to be highly similar — though hopefully less sexually dimorphic; which would mean retconning the appearance of female Mogu if they were to use the same rigs.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

I was gonna say they would look weird in pretty much any player armor, but then I thought the same about the Nighborne and they are okay-ish.

As long as the armor remains baked to their models, no - no allied race.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well NB also had their armors "melted' with their models so i wont be so fast to say its not possible

As for being counter part for Ogres? Well not sure ogres will come soon, and its not that true to think that allied race for one faciton must be an "answer" to theo ne added in the other one like for exemple mag'har orcs and dark iron have not many htings in comuns but if you want to go on this field then vrykuls for alliance being big dudes and titanfroged races ans linked to humans being a better candidates

And actually Kul tirans dont use rigging like any other race currently
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-10-12 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The Rajani seem to be a neutral reputation, so I can't exactly see them aligning with either faction. That being said, god damn if I wouldn't want to play as a mogu. They have so much potential as a playable race.
    Well, Rustbolt Resistance is a neutral faction and the Alliance gets Mechagnomes.

Well, even then, of the 10 known Allied Races, 5 are tied to Neutral Factions.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they don't want to spoil it like they did vulpera and mechagnomes. So, they have the old models right now in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

i'd love for mogu to be playable.

they're a really cool race, but with ra'den turning evil it's kinda hard to see it happening. what reason would they have to ally with other azerothians when ra'den isn't making them not be supremacists?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    The Rajani seem to be a neutral reputation, so I can't exactly see them aligning with either faction. That being said, god damn if I wouldn't want to play as a mogu. They have so much potential as a playable race.
    Yeah, but the following were neutral too (and earned by both sides) and were allied races aligning with a faction:
    • Army of the Light (Lightforged)
    • Nightfallen (Nightborne)
    • Highmountain Tribe (Highmountain)

So we had at least 1 align with alliance while 3 were specific to them and 2 align with horde and 2 specific to them. Though an argument could be made for Zandalari since we did work with them back in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My god after the fat Kul Tirans I really don't want another bulky race for the Alliance.
    I don't know the Mogu females are built like female draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skeptical that the Mogu would be an Allied Race. What would the Pandaren (Alliance side) think if these Mogu joined the Alliance?

The Alliance needs an Insectoid race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Not really.
    This is the Sethrakk situation all over again. The models aren't rigged to use regular armours, with their different variants being directly affixed to their models. While not required, they also do not use the same basic rigging as any Horde or Alliance races as current. This means introducing the Mogu would require a full rebuild of their race, more akin to a Full Race rather than an Allied Race. As far as that goes they would have to be Alliance given that the Horde is long overdue for Ogres which are going to be highly similar — though hopefully less sexually dimorphic; which would mean retconning the appearance of female Mogu if they were to use the same rigs.
    Sethraks don't have female different from males, that would be a different case, they would receive the same nightborne treatment.

sadly im feeling they will receive the pandaren treatment and be neutral, and that is a bad idea overall. Yep horde should get ogres instead of any other race by now.

Can we please stop adding stupid Allied races? The game is shitful at best, but sure lets add more race