Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah cuz the internet trolls are all about democracy and peace and love and lol I can't even finish that sentence.
    This is what I don't get with people like you. When the gaming community does something, to you people it's usually trolling, Incels, or just privileged. Now it's about Democracy and people like you still insist that we're a bunch of trolls. Please leave the gaming community so that we can do some good. That way, leave.
    90% of the people ''praising democracy'' don't give a shit about it or HK they only want to jump on the Blizzard outrage train
    Isn't that good? We're fighting for freedom, a basic human right. It shows when someone presses the wrong button with the gaming community, they can be a force to recon with. It's not about loot boxes, micro-transactions, or just game journalists who've never actually played a game, but a company practicing censorship against freedom to promote Communism. You understand that Blizzard is communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    We're fighting for freedom, a basic human right.
    You think so? What do you think boycotting or protesting a video game company is going to accomplish when it comes to "freedom" and "basic human rights?"

Because last I checked, all the uproar over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    game journalists who've never actually played a game
    ...led to a fat steaming pile of nothing. And the only people who benefited from that were the content creators feeding people outrage slop on either side of the issue.

Love that this is in politics. What a world.

I expect a fair amount of Pooh cosplay and Protester Mei. If they're smart they won't try to discourage it, but they'll probably make sure the live streams conveniently avoid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Couple of things - probably Mei/Pooh cosplays (some getting banned) and someone with a twitchy finger ready to cut off microphone if someone in the Q&A session changes their question to something China related.

10+ Year Old Account
    This year's Blizzcon is going to be ruined by idiots looking for their 5min of fame...
    Damn this is ignorant sitting next to your sig.

Your blizzcon is not more important than real people, their future, or lives.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2019-10-13 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go blind from all the eye rolling this thread is forcing me to do what with all the virtue signaling going on non stop.
    but but muh blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It's not far off, and this isn't really a thread talking about the game and content coming to blizzcon this year.
    I'm more curious about what peoples thought are on what's going to happen there given all the current event. Will there be protests outside, will people be rushing stages to protest, will people just not show up making it a lackluster event?

Thoughts?
    I'm predicting a soft protest outside, just for having their reputation ruined by dickheads who go aggressive and/or take their questions to the Q&A to waste the time there because YOU KNOW Blizzard is not going to answer your off the topic questions at the Q&A.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly the public consciousness doesn't have the attention span to carry this controversy up to Blizzcon. Anyone that bought a ticket likely doesn't want to waste it by getting kicked out even if they do feel strongly about the situation, so I doubt anyone will do anything more drastic than wearing a T-shirt or holding a sign supporting Hong Kong, and even then I doubt there will more than a handful of people willing to do that. I certainly hope no one tries to hassle the devs in Q&As with questions about a decision they had nothing to do with.

In the grand scheme of things, this controversy just isn't juicy enough for people to care for more than a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You think so? What do you think boycotting or protesting a video game company is going to accomplish when it comes to "freedom" and "basic human rights?"
    The whole point of this is to teach video game companies a very valuable lesson when it comes to touchy topics like Democracy. A video game company isn't going to do jack towards HK being free, but censoring it is promoting it. I get that China offers a big pile of Renminbi, but as gamers we can easily destroy that market for you as well as hurt the western market as well. We know the Chinese government is so touchy about criticism that Mei an OverWatch character being a symbol for HK freedom will get the game banned from China. We can make the association that the ruler of China looks like a Pandaren, and use him as a meme that'll grow to the point where WoW will get banned from China as well. If China will ban Winnie the Pooh because of a meme the Chinese people created for President Xi, you know there's no limit to this stupidity. There's a reason why Blizzard enacted so quickly to ban Blitzchung because the Chinese government is that bat shit crazy.

So if Blizzard wants to defend China to gain their market, they should be aware of how financially dangerous is it for them to cross their western audience. They have the potential to lose everything, as it usually happens when anyone gets too greedy.

Blizzcon is a gaming convention, not a politics forum. If any "incidents" happen, they will be handled by staff. At best there might be some booing if china gets mentioned as a "great partner in developing games" or whatever, and rightfully so, tbh. The amount of leverage they are buying in the gaming world is disgusting.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

I'm hoping that theres just a few protestors off to the side along with some cosplay people wearing Free Hong Kong shirts.

As a Canadian coming into the USA I'm already worried about my personal safety, I really don't want to worry about some nut job gunning everyone down from one of the hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm hoping that theres just a few protestors off to the side along with some cosplay people wearing Free Hong Kong shirts.
    As a Canadian coming into the USA I'm already worried about my personal safety, I really don't want to worry about some nut job gunning everyone down from one of the hotels.
    I assure you that there's not much to worry about.
    You hear a particular story about one event in one spot that gets blown out..and the 50 million other spots never get such attention because it's not a common event to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The guy has already got prize money back, why do you expect protests?
    Because protests are what canceled Blizzard's launch party for tonight's Overwatch Switch release.

Because protests will continue to happen until Blizz says they officially won't let China tell them what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Massive amounts of Mei cosplay.
    Ooooh! I haven't thought of THAT angle! ^_^

It shouldn't be hard to make a bunch of HK Protester Mei cosplays! ^_^

I'm expecting some heavy security and pre screening for the Q&A panels. Maybe they will also ban Mei and Winnie the Pooh cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Blizzard are never going to come out and say anything like this. I'm not sure why anyone thinks they will, honestly.

The best you're going to get is what they've already said about China not being a factor in their decision.
    Oh, I totally agree - I'm just saying it's going to happen for a while unless that happens - which, yes, you're right - Blizz will never do so.

So, yeah, basically it's going to happen for a few more months at minimum. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Because protests are what canceled Blizzard's launch party for tonight's Overwatch Switch release.
    I feel really sorry for blizzard and all the Switch gamers. This is really bad that politics has ruined someone else's celebration party again

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The guy has already got prize money back, why do you expect protests?
    They guy also knew all of this was a possibility. People once again overreact.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They guy also knew all of this was a possibility. People once again overreact.
    Is it "overreact" when it quite clearly worked well enough for Blizzard to reconsider their stance on the punishment? If everyone remained quiet, they wouldn't have reconsidered anything whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Damn this is ignorant sitting next to your sig.

Your blizzcon is not more important than real people, their future, or lives.
    Fight on keyboard warrior!

One day you might take down that pesky communist regime

I believe in you

/s