Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Unrelated but for the record, I didn’t bash kaep just compared the two as far as them using the platforms to speak

Eric Reid plays for my football team and I’ve never said anything about him kneeling other than “well if he helps us win who cares?”
    Fair enough. Just saw that pro-kaep, anti-American conflation and felt the need to clarify

I swear to god, the people that are in uproar over his ban are the exact same people who complain about games not being politically correct... can we not just enjoy games for entertainment, without having politics shoved down our throat every damn moment of our day? I'm just as opposed to the authoritarian communists in China as the next guy, but sometimes I just want to do something else than bother with politics and drama...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Fair enough. Just saw that pro-kaep, anti-American conflation and felt the need to clarify
    Nah it was a comparison simply about using the platforms to deliver a message. That was as far as I took the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

Exactly. How am I supposed to be expected to save Azeroth from N'Zoth and Chinese oppressive governments?
    You have a better chance against N'Zoth...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The people in question are specifically trying to gain freedom from that country... So this is probably the worst example you could have come up with.
    They will become part of China in 2047 anyway. That's the agreement between UK and China.

I mean you aren't playing the game you are watching a stream... So I feel like once you go outside of the realm of an actual game you can't really ask for censorship anymore. You would have more of a point if after every league match the screen splashed with FREEDOM FOR HONG KONG!
    I agree there is a difference, but watching a stream dedicated to playing said game should still be contained within the same atmosphere. There are other platforms dedicated to politics. When people come up with controversial statements in an environment where it isn't (atleast shouldn't be) expected, all focus is taken away from the intended activity. Which is stupid. Entertainment should be reserved for entertainment, then we use other platforms for politics, where everyone involved is aware of what the focus should be.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I swear to god, the people that are in uproar over his ban are the exact same people who complain about games not being politically correct... can we not just enjoy games for entertainment, without having politics shoved down our throat every damn moment of our day? I'm just as opposed to the authoritarian communists in China as the next guy, but sometimes I just want to do something else than bother with politics and drama...
    If we actually dealt with our civic issues and responsibilities in the proper civic venue in a timely, responsible, responsive and humane fashion, this wouldn't be happening.

Can't say that enough.

It's happening because we're ignoring problems that simply cannot be ignored. These issues can't go away, not matter how much we try to distract ourselves.

So... we can actually do our civic work and THEN go play... or... continue to have our play interrupted by civic/social issues.

So far, we've pretty much en masse chosen to ignore both the issues and any responsibilities we might have for our fellow humans/citizens and THEN bitched about how there's civil/social leakage.

Well, duh. That's gonna happen. And it's gonna continue to happen until we deal with them or they get so bad that we are forced to deal with something far worse.

That's the nature of these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the Sam hell are you rambling on about?
    about the price of trying to ask for ur right in actual glorious tyrannical military regime countries
    in non egyptian countries protest doesn't involve even half of injuries i suffered in the WORST country on earth
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewscum View Post
    I like how people think that the subjugation of an entire people falls under ‘politics’.
    Was Hitler’s crusade against the jews ‘politics’?
    Dude, what?

Hitler used antisemitism as a tool for his rise to power, how more blatant an example do you need of it being political?

If we actually dealt with our civic issues and responsibilities in the proper civic venue in a timely, responsible, responsive and humane fashion, this wouldn't be happening.

Can't say that enough.

It's happening because we're ignoring problems that simply cannot be ignored. These issues can't go away, not matter how much we try to distract ourselves.

So... we can actually do our civic work and THEN go play... or... continue to have our play interrupted by civic/social issues.

So far, we've pretty much en masse chosen to ignore both the issues and any responsibilities we might have for our fellow humans/citizens and THEN bitched about how there's civil/social leakage.

Well, duh. That's gonna happen. And it's gonna continue to happen until we deal with them or they get so bad that we are forced to deal with something far worse.

That's the nature of these things.
    I'll disagree there. I do care about what is happening in Hong Kong, media in my country are doing a great job on reporting every little bit there. I willingly read about it several times a day in newspapers.

When these things leak into every single aspect of my daily routine it doesn't make me more involved or engaged, it just makes me annoyed and tired of it. It's not about burrying my head in the sand, or pretending problems in the world don't exist, it's rather about being able to divide your attention into multiple areas.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    They will become part of China in 2047 anyway. That's the agreement between UK and China.

The promise from China prior to 1997 was that Hong Kong would be a special economic zone and would keep their freedoms. Much like Singapore and Macao are special zones with special laws/freedoms.

The issue is that China wants to pass an extradition bill in Hong Kong such that dissidents could be sent to mainland China and... well, disappeared as dissidents do in China.

Culturally, Hong Kong is about as capitalist and free market as it gets and they don't like all the Communist BS... AT ALL. They didn't want the British to stay, but they sure as hell didn't want to become part of China proper.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    hush that does not sell. Youtubers need viewers 2.

Think you can easy spot a lot of weak research youtubers. Even people i like , like yongyah or defranco fail at it.
    All of the say blizzard this, blizzard that......lets be clear, activision owns and controls blizzard. Blizzard is like a EA absorbed company. They are just there to poop out low quailty , micro transaction games. Until they do not get a x% profit anymore. Then they will be shut down.

Company: "Don't do X plz"
    Players: *does X 1000x more often*
    Company: *shocked pikachu*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    id argue using a companies tournament to spout your political ideology shows how lazy, childish, and immature you are. rather than standing on your own two feet to make a difference, you abuse screen time a gaming tournament allowed you to have. the same company that pays your bills. you force your political opinions onto their broadcast. childish.
    tournaments have been used for political reasons since the dawn of men.

it's nothing new, that's where you have the most audience, and thats where your voice is going to be heard.

if you're fighting for the freedom of your country, you're not gonna consider yourself with being childish, you're gonna consider yourself with reaching as many people as possible.

and blitzchung succeeded in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    tens of millions are in uproar to bash a company that they want to see burning, no one actualy gives a fuck that people are being beaten to death in China. And in 1 week no one will talk about it.

Did you hear about the protest going on in Iraq since few days ?? Dozens of dead and the government shut down their internet.
    Did you hear about the protest going on in Ekwador since few days ?? Buildings are burning and the army is allowed to use force. And people are protesting because government subsidies stopped being paid for gasoline so they will have to pay more than the current $0.49 per litre of gasoline by few cents.

But in Iraq and Ekwador there is no gaming company to bash so people don't give a shit about those protests and people dying on the streets. People are a bunch of Hypocrites, nothing new.
    lol, you're literally proving my point.

we hear more because there are more people speaking up to bigger audiences.

I mean yeah why interrupt our entertainment when people are suffering amirite?

Fucking still can't believe ABC interrupted my who wants to be a millionaire re-run to cover 9/11
    That's a really unnecessary way to twist my words. Creating hyperboles and strawmen really doesn't get your point made, it just makes you look less bright. I guarantee you don't make every second of your day have a political angle either, so being this opposed to having games free from political messages is just plain hypocritical.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I'll disagree there. I do care about what is happening in Hong Kong, media in my country are doing a great job on reporting every little bit there. I willingly read about it several times a day in newspapers.

When these things leak into every single aspect of my daily routine it doesn't make me more involved or engaged, it just makes me annoyed and tired of it. It's not about burrying my head in the sand, or pretending problems in the world don't exist, it's rather about being able to divide your attention into multiple areas.
    You care. I care. That's not the issue.

The issue is that AS A SOCIETY, if we don't do the civic/social work that is our responsibility to do as citizens of our country as well as our global responsibilities (stopping human trafficking, climate catastrophe, etc), then those problems will only get worse and seep into every facet of our lives.

More succinctly, as a society we haven't done the civic/social work in a really, really long time and these civic/social issues are backing up like sewage. Not saying that civic/social responsibilities are sewage, far from it. But the byproduct of their neglect sure is akin to it...

Also, I get it. I ALSO would like a respite. Point is that we're only going to get it AFTER we do the hard work of clearing our civic/social backlog. Until then? yeah, it's only gonna get worse and no amount of resentment is gonna change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    you see, the problem with your logic is that when people hijack platforms which have no room or want for said political drama/statements it drives away the paying customer who wants their platform free of this. once you drive away all the money, the platform goes away too and now everything is ruined for everybody.
    Do you understand? "There is a time and a place for ....." is one of the best statements ever and one that should be adhered to more often
    except, the thing that's driving away people atm, is the fact that they didnt let blitzchung hijack it, or rather punished him for it.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Says the guy with an "IMPEACH THE MF" Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerde13 View Post
    Says the guy with an "IMPEACH THE MF" Banner.
    No, that doesn't count. Apparently, posters on a forum focused on video game discussion should be made aware of just how much he doesn't like the current US President.

You care. I care. That's not the issue.

The issue is that AS A SOCIETY, if we don't do the civic/social work that is our responsibility to do as citizens of our country as well as our global responsibilities (stopping human trafficking, climate catastrophe, etc), then those problems will only get worse and seep into every facet of our lives.

More succinctly, as a society we haven't done the civic/social work in a really, really long time and these civic/social issues are backing up like sewage. Not saying that civic/social responsibilities are sewage, far from it. But the byproduct of their neglect sure is akin to it...

Also, I get it. I ALSO would like a respite. Point is that we're only going to get it AFTER we do the hard work of clearing our civic/social backlog. Until then? yeah, it's only gonna get worse and no amount of resentment is gonna change that.
    You're acting like it's possible for every John Doe to just grab a gun and go down to the local mafia HQ and stir things up. Not everyone lives in a major capitol city with real influence. I for one live in a small town where I have to commute to work in a slightly larger town, making the only way of doing my "civic duty" a political vote every four years. Not everyone has the time nor the demography to daily demonstrate outside a major campus or political square...
    The irony