Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    It's not about "going ballistic because you disagree", it's more about being mildly annoyed because you're jumping into threads about an allied race you dislike, not commenting on the topic at all, and just using your post as a soapbox to whine about said race and stating your opinion like a fact in a vain attempt to give yourself more credit without actually elaborating.

Maybe you shouldn't post in threads you have no intention in participating in? Moving on...
    Thread: How do you feel about Mechagnome customization?

Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Fuck mounts for them. They are their own mounts.
    In a game that would have dozens of races, picking a race that you know cannot use mounts is not a bad option.
    Just saying that I can think of a few ways to make mounts work for them. Like, ways that physically make sense.
    Screw clipping- clipping clearly doesn't matter to Blizzard considering some races clip through their very own racial mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's stupid there is no option to make them full mecha like Mechagon is. I think it would have been better as a Night Warrior/Golden Eyes Blood Elf option. Where you can take your existing gnome to Mechagon and choose to gain mecha enhancements.
    i think the mechagnome heritage armor makes you at least 99% mecha. you look just like the full-mechanized soldiers anyway.

but yeah, i think diapergnomes are okish. i like how you can make your parts match all the mounts you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Practically irrelevant. My Draenei Paladin clips through her very own Elekk class mount as well as the Argus Elekks. That's a mount specifically made for her to ride. Make them ride side-saddle and fix the most horrendous clipping. Whatever clipping remains is clearly not dramatic enough for Blizzard to care.

Who knows, with Azshara kidnapped by N'zoth forces, she may be freed by either faction. But then, if Azshara were ever to be redeemed, that'd be almost as cringe-inducing as redeeming Sylvanas.

You are getting me wrong. The only thing I want less than Mechagnomes are the Lightforged Undead. They're the only allied race option I can think of that is worse in every way.
    Furthermore, you asked people how they feel about Mechagnomes and their customization, not to kiss your, or Blizzard's ass and validate your feelings about how good Mechagnomes are.
    They can work around the mount issue, but arguing that it solves every problem is a bit of a stretch. Side saddle is the obvious solution but I mean have you ever seen or heard of a naga mounting anything, ever? It's a big change.

Azshara won't be redeemed, nor was she 'kidnapped'. It's more like she was reclaimed by N'zoth because he had use for her power. If she was going to reappear, we would have seen it in 8.3. Having her return as a shadow of her former self in any variety would be almost as cringe-incuding as the crap they pulled with Kael'thas. I'm pretty sure she's done, and it was embarrassing how they finished her story anyways given her importance to the lore for years and years, but that's a whole other story.

Well, as far as lightforged undead go, I don't have an opinion on them. They could be something I like if designed well, or something I hate if designed poorly. It entirely would depend on how they are conceptualized, but this isn't the thread to go into detail on it. I do apologize for misreading you, but I think you'll understand why I read your post that way given how many have done so just because I am looking for something positive to talk about for a race not many people are happy with, yeah?

And right when I thought we had something of an understanding, you feel the need to attack me with an inaccurate and underhanded comment. Welp, whatever floats your boat, buddy. I'm not even arguing that mechagnomes are the best thing ever and have repeatedly explained that they could be better, but this thread was for talking about mechagnomes, not for crying about how unfair it is that you didn't get the race you wanted (in your case, apparently naga). Literally every other thread about mechagnomes revolves around that, so I am being selfish and "wanting everyone to kiss my ass" because I want a topic about mechagnomes that doesn't revolve around that. Cool!

The irony is that I never criticized your own choice of a race and I actually think naga would be a cool addition of a new race (fully-fledged), but again, that's a topic for a different thread. For the record, I'd very much appreciate if you don't kiss my ass, but what you do with Blizzard is very much between you and them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think the mechagnome heritage armor makes you at least 99% mecha. you look just like the full-mechanized soldiers anyway.

but yeah, i think diapergnomes are okish. i like how you can make your parts match all the mounts you can get.
    Gonna cringe if calling them 'diapergnomes' becomes a regular thing, but I guess it's kind of inevitable among some crowds.

As for their limb colors. that's definitely one nice thing about them, though, that their color schemes at least match most of their standard mounts. Not the mechanocat, for instance, or the standard gnome/engineering mounts, but beggars can't be choosers in that regard. But, I would definitely appreciate if the limbs had more color options.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying that I can think of a few ways to make mounts work for them. Like, ways that physically make sense.
    Screw clipping- clipping clearly doesn't matter to Blizzard considering some races clip through their very own racial mounts.
    Clipping isn't an issue though, that much I definitely agree on. It hasn't mattered to them since the dawn of time and won't start mattering now, regardless of what it relates to.

They can work around the mount issue, but arguing that it solves every problem is a bit of a stretch. Side saddle is the obvious solution but I mean have you ever seen or heard of a naga mounting anything, ever? It's a big change.
    In as far as goat alien people from outer space are a big change. I mean, Draenei existed, but their former incarnation are called Lost Ones today.
    Azshara won't be redeemed, nor was she 'kidnapped'. It's more like she was reclaimed by N'zoth because he had use for her power. If she was going to reappear, we would have seen it in 8.3. Having her return as a shadow of her former self in any variety would be almost as cringe-incuding as the crap they pulled with Kael'thas. I'm pretty sure she's done, and it was embarrassing how they finished her story anyways given her importance to the lore for years and years, but that's a whole other story.
    Just wary of it, because it seems like Azshara's spot in the Ny'alotha raid isn't one she seems very happy with or that she consented to. I fear the opportunity that they will make her be a victim of N'Zoth and whitewash her that way if she does suddenly "oppose" him.
    Well, as far as lightforged undead go, I don't have an opinion on them. They could be something I like if designed well, or something I hate if designed poorly. It entirely would depend on how they are conceptualized, but this isn't the thread to go into detail on it.
    Fair enough.
    I do apologize for misreading you, but I think you'll understand why I read your post that way given how many have done so just because I am looking for something positive to talk about for a race not many people are happy with, yeah?

And right when I thought we had something of an understanding, you feel the need to attack me with an inaccurate and underhanded comment. Welp, whatever floats your boat, buddy. I'm not even arguing that mechagnomes are the best thing ever and have repeatedly explained that they could be better, but this thread was for talking about mechagnomes, not for crying about how unfair it is that you didn't get the race you wanted (in your case, apparently naga). Literally every other thread about mechagnomes revolves around that, so I am being selfish and "wanting everyone to kiss my ass" because I want a topic about mechagnomes that doesn't revolve around that. Cool!

The irony is that I never criticized your own choice of a race and I actually think naga would be a cool addition of a new race (fully-fledged), but again, that's a topic for a different thread. For the record, I'd very much appreciate if you don't kiss my ass, but what you do with Blizzard is very much between you and them.
    No, the reason it feels like you want people to kiss your ass is because you made a thread asking people for opinions, not a 'Mechagnomes appreciation thread'. You asked people what they thought of Mechagnomes, specifically their (barebones) armor customization and pretty meh character customization.

Now, to be fair, it's not that Naga are one of my much desired races. Those spots would probably go to something like Ethereals and Arakkoa (when/if they ever become relevant again), it's just that one argument against playable Naga always had to do with it being difficult to fit armor on them. Mechagnomes kind of strangle that argument to death, which is why I mentioned them, specifically.

As far as races I'd have taken over Mechagnomes? There are very few offered in BfA. Considering Sethrak have only a tiny bit of development with the Alliance and are more likely to jump to the Horde, that leaves only Ankoan, Lightforged Undead or older, pre-BfA races (like Krokul/Broken, High Elves, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Clipping isn't an issue though, that much I definitely agree on. It hasn't mattered to them since the dawn of time and won't start mattering now, regardless of what it relates to.
    It's still shocking to me that people somehow hold avoiding clipping up as some grand priority for Blizzard when some characters clip through their own racial and class mounts.

It's horrendeous. Certain bionic limbs and prosthetics should've become a gnome customization option. At least it'll be nice for goofing around.

I dislike quote breaking but it's sometimes inevitable. Going to do that for this because I feel like it's necessary.

In as far as goat alien people from outer space are a big change. I mean, Draenei existed, but their former incarnation are called Lost Ones today.
    Well TBC had a very sci-fi theme, and draenei weren't designed to be the better version of 'lost ones' they were more designed to be 'playable eredar in a way that makes sense, because Kil'jaeden and Archimonde were pretty cool tbh". Not that their race wasn't a stretch (and caused some embarrassment by Blizzard that they had to retcon their own lore a bit), but it turned out okay.

Just wary of it, because it seems like Azshara's spot in the Ny'alotha raid isn't one she seems very happy with or that she consented to. I fear the opportunity that they will make her be a victim of N'Zoth and whitewash her that way if she does suddenly "oppose" him.
    Yeah, better she just be killed off than to ruin her character. I still haven't gotten over what they did with Kael'thas, and he wasn't even a bad guy to begin with.

No, the reason it feels like you want people to kiss your ass is because you made a thread asking people for opinions, not a 'Mechagnomes appreciation thread'. You asked people what they thought of Mechagnomes, specifically their (barebones) armor customization and pretty meh character customization.
    I asked how they felt about it and what could be improved, and I am irritated by people dragging their hatred for the race into this thread, or worse, their saltiness that the race they wanted wasn't added over this one, instead of talking about what they dislike about the customization.

"I think the customization is bad" is okay. "I think the customization is bad because ____" is better. "I hate mechagnomes anyways, and they are shit, I want sethrak lolololol" is not okay. Some people do a variation of these but it all comes down to wanting a soapbox to talking about their own chosen race and feeling like "mechagnomes replaced them". We have a million threads for that, and I'd like to have one talking about mechagnome customization issues instead of whining about their favorite allied race idea that didn't get added.

I'm not bashing you in particular because you seemed to make some attempts to talk about it, and you didn't directly imply that Mechagnomes took the place of naga because I think you understand (as I do), that they'd make a better fully-fledged race later. They aren't "allied race" material, etc. But your comment about me was none the less inaccurate.

Now, to be fair, it's not that Naga are one of my much desired races. Those spots would probably go to something like Ethereals and Arakkoa (when/if they ever become relevant again), it's just that one argument against playable Naga always had to do with it being difficult to fit armor on them. Mechagnomes kind of strangle that argument to death, which is why I mentioned them, specifically.
    It's fair to comment on that because it is (indirectly) related to their customization. I don't disagree; naga are one of the races I'd like to see playable... someday. Any issues they have could be adjusted, provided enough people feel the same way about them. Blizzard wouldn't add ethereals over naga if they felt naga were dramatically more popular. And you are correct in that the addition of mechagnomes, ironically, is in their favor. I wouldn't go so far as to say it 'strangles the argument to death', but it's a big step in the right direction. But I am digressing.

As far as races I'd have taken over Mechagnomes? There are very few offered in BfA. Considering Sethrak have only a tiny bit of development with the Alliance and are more likely to jump to the Horde, that leaves only Ankoan, Lightforged Undead or older, pre-BfA races (like Krokul/Broken, High Elves, etc.)
    Lightforged undead (redeemed undead would be more accurate, they are resurrected with light instead of death magic) would not be on the Alliance. 8.3 is heavily implying that Calia will become leader of the Forsaken.

Sethrak are not likely to join either race, and would need more development before being made playable, but they aren't impossible... for either side. In theory.

Like sethrak, ankoan need a lot more work before they were a playable race. As it is right now, they have only one gender, and I don't feel like they are remotely popular enough to be made playable at any rate, unlike the two above.

Broken have always been curious as a concept, but they need more work than the two above combined. While they have some popularity, is it enough to justify the work that would be required to create what would take almost as much effort as a new race? Well, maybe. But I doubt it.

High elves are a can of worms I am not going to open in this thread.

I'd add that 'night elf worgen' and saberon are also potential races that could appear, but I am not going to go further as I've digressed more than enough already.

- - - Updated - - -

It's still shocking to me that people somehow hold avoiding clipping up as some grand priority for Blizzard when some characters clip through their own racial and class mounts.
    Sure, sure. I think that Blizzard should take the issue more seriously, mind you, but since they don't (and never will), it's a poor argument in any case. Especially since there's no guarantee things will clip, anyways. Just an assumption.

That said, where as most mounts are "side-saddle" friendly, many other would clip to a degree even Blizzard couldn't deny looked bad. Any kind of mount with a seat has the potential to look horrible, like flying machines, rockets, etc. But I think that Naga could easily work around that with different sitting stances, or a mounting stance that accommodates clipping in the least offensive way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It's horrendeous. Certain bionic limbs and prosthetics should've become a gnome customization option. At least it'll be nice for goofing around.
    I hear that a lot but I don't think people fully respect how much it changes them. Try creating a mechagnome on the PTR and use some emotes. You'll quickly see that while they 'look similar', the degree at which they 'feel' different is very dramatic. Might change your mind, probably won't, and their prosthetics will still look and feel weird, but at least you will see that there is more to them than attachments to a gnome body.

Not that the race couldn't or shouldn't be improved, but the argument that "they should have just been gnome custimizations' deserves a look at the PTR to see how there is more different about them than just their appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    True. Heck you could even have Children of Cenarius or Centaurs
    Missed this earlier. I mean I'd like children of Cenarius as playable (couldn't care less about Centaur, but maybe they have appeal to others), but unlike Naga, their mount issues just can't be fixed. It would be like that deer stacking glitch with druids, lol.

They can't be their own mount either, since they can't fly. Were it not for that, they could maybe get away with running wild style replacement, but it would be a feel-bad race in that they can't take part in mounts. Doesn't make me not wish there was a solution, but I can't see it happening in their case; it's just too extreme.

Very lacking and lazily designed. The mount is neat, but this was clearly a throwaway allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Very lacking and lazily designed. The mount is neat, but this was clearly a throwaway allied race.
    Feels a bit harsh to call them a 'throwaway allied race'. But you're entitled to that opinion.

I don't disagree that the design is lazy, but the reason I feel that way is primarily because the limbs can't be colored or have armor over them. It would require new tech beyond the typical for Blizzard, where everything has armor models printed directly onto the character models, but I bet they could have done it.

I actually am not as big of a fan of the mount as others are, in addition to the fact I feel like the mounting stance on the mount is off and needs work (looks bad, even ignoring the clipping). But at least it's kind of unique.

Feels a bit harsh to call them a 'throwaway allied race'. But you're entitled to that opinion.

I don't disagree that the design is lazy, but the reason I feel that way is primarily because the limbs can't be colored or have armor over them. It would require new tech beyond the typical for Blizzard, where everything has armor models printed directly onto the character models, but I bet they could have done it.

I actually am not as big of a fan of the mount as others are, in addition to the fact I feel like the mounting stance on the mount is off and needs work (looks bad, even ignoring the clipping). But at least it's kind of unique.
    Not really that harsh, they lack much customization and they can't wear leg armor and really they don't look different enough for gnomes to justify a new race opposite Vulpera who are very different from goblins, both in looks and feel. If they don't have the tech currently to release a good looking mechagnome, then it obviously shouldn't be released as a race yet, otherwise you get things like this where it definitely does feel like a throwaway race they pushed out to be a counter to Vulpera, the race they actually spent time on. Most of the time when people are even talking about mechagnomes it's about their op racials, not their design or flavor, the complete lack of interest in them as a race is really due to blizzard not really putting effort into this race.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2019-10-13 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Not really that harsh, they lack much customization and they can't wear leg armor and really they don't look different enough for gnomes to justify a new race opposite Vulpera who are very different from goblins, both in looks and feel. If they don't have the tech currently to release a good looking mechagnome, then it obviously shouldn't be released as a race yet, otherwise you get things like this where it definitely does feel like a throwaway race they pushed out to be a counter to Vulpera, the race they actually spent time on. Most of them time when people are even talking about mechagnomes it's about their op racials, not their design or flavor, the complete lack of interest in them as a race is really due to blizzard not really putting effort into this race.
    Well sure, compare them to vulpera and they'll feel lacking. Compare almost any race that isn't Kul Tiran or Zandalari to the vulpera and they'll feel lacking. Blizzard put a lot of work into the race, and it's one of the most desired of all of those release so far.

They definitely have the tech to make mechagnomes better, they simply lack the inclination. And that's okay, I guess. I wouldn't call it a 'throwaway' race, but it's obvious Blizzard could have done more. I'd rather have this version of a mechagnome than never have it, though. And I'm sure that's a controversial opinion compared to anyone else, but I know that Blizzard will never put more effort into a race like this, so I'll take what I can get. It's better than nothing, lol.

That said, what "OP racials" do mechagnomes have? This is the first I've heard of this, and at the risk of going significantly offtopic, I do really want to know. Their racials in and of themselves are a bit vague, so I don't know how good they get.

Gonna cringe if calling them 'diapergnomes' becomes a regular thing, but I guess it's kind of inevitable among some crowds.

As for their limb colors. that's definitely one nice thing about them, though, that their color schemes at least match most of their standard mounts. Not the mechanocat, for instance, or the standard gnome/engineering mounts, but beggars can't be choosers in that regard. But, I would definitely appreciate if the limbs had more color options.
    CHANGE. MY. DIAPER.

but honestly, i'm ok with the current limb colors. i just hope that dk mechas will be able to get a much more rusted look than the current rusted ones. or maybe, black saronite parts? that'd be fucking sick.

CHANGE. MY. DIAPER.

but honestly, i'm ok with the current limb colors. i just hope that dk mechas will be able to get a much more rusted look than the current rusted ones. or maybe, black saronite parts? that'd be fucking sick.
    Actually, that's a pretty cool idea with mechagnome DKs. Don't think it will happen, but I'd be stoked if it did.

Still waiting to see if multiple colors of the hertiage armor pop up on the PTR. Otherwise that's extremely lazy to have it only match one of their skin tones

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea with mechagnome DKs. Don't think it will happen, but I'd be stoked if it did.
    yeah, like fucking jagged saronite, like the lich king's citadel.

idk, i mean it'll obviously be a death related expansion, and with allied races getting dks it'd be the perfect time to increase dk customization for all races(core races included). this would be the most relevant time for it.

Maybe its just me but I think Mechagnomes should've been an unique new skin option for gnomes, similiar like the night warrior customization for night elves. I expect Mechagnomes to be the least played race unless they keep their OP racials.

it is what it is imo. The Alliance AR's have been lackluster but in defense of the mechagnomes, if you wanted to cover up the mech parts then roll a normal gnome, like I think the classes are even the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

yeah, like fucking jagged saronite, like the lich king's citadel.

idk, i mean it'll obviously be a death related expansion, and with allied races getting dks it'd be the perfect time to increase dk customization for all races(core races included). this would be the most relevant time for it.
    Well Saronite armor didn't have spikes in them IIRC, actually it looked kind of bad. But the colors felt right, and would feel right on a mechagnome. Given as little work as was put into their prosthetics to begin with, I can't imagine it would be anything other than a different color style. Even rustiness would be a stretch. But green saronite metal? Heck, maybe.

DK customization in general, I don't know what all they'd do beyond what we already have. I guess we could have red eyes or something to be more like Bolvar, but that feels like a big stretch and a little ridiculous. And it certainly didn't happen in the Legion story, so I mean...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Still waiting to see if multiple colors of the hertiage armor pop up on the PTR. Otherwise that's extremely lazy to have it only match one of their skin tones
    Agreed, I think I posted on this earlier (or in another thread). Bare minimum here, especially if we did the same things with mag'har already when it was basically optional for them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Maybe its just me but I think Mechagnomes should've been an unique new skin option for gnomes, similiar like the night warrior customization for night elves. I expect Mechagnomes to be the least played race unless they keep their OP racials.
    While their appearance doesn't set them apart, their animations definitely do. Refer to one of my previous posts on the third page, or just make one on the PTR and try it out.

Not saying mechagnomes will suddenly appeal to those that don't, but at least their being a unique race will feel justified over being a 'customization for gnomes'.

They're horrific and shouldn't be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    it is what it is imo. The Alliance AR's have been lackluster but in defense of the mechagnomes, if you wanted to cover up the mech parts then roll a normal gnome, like I think the classes are even the same.
    Actually, they would have literally the same classes if Death Knights are given to mechagnomes as everyone is assuming, so you're not far off the mark, here.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They're horrific and shouldn't be added.
    k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Missing the option to have regular arms and legs. Or just one