Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Post Idea for Capital Cities for a World Revamp Expansion

Hey everyone. A thought popped into my mind today and I would like to share it with you all. If the next expansion, or an expansion in the future, does indeed contain a world revamp, where do you think the main city (or cities) would be located?

I have an idea that could be cool and bring with it a long awaited feature to the game. I think that The Exodar and Silvermoon City would make perfect candidates for new, revamped capital cities.

The Exodar would be fully repaired, floating above both Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles. These two zones would become one called The Azuremyst Isles (which is what wowpedia says the two islands are a part of).

Silvermoon City would also be fully repaired in all it's glory. Eversong Woods and The Ghostlands would also be merged into one zone, Quel'thalas.

These two new cities would be the Boralus and Dazar'alor of the expansion.

The zones would also be fully revamped for flying of course.

Just spitballing here. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Also to just add something quick.

I also had an idea of why these two would be the best picks for new cities. What if someone unleashes a miasma of Death throughout the world, one source starting from the burnt down world tree Teldrassil and another source from the fallen Sunwell? What if the reason Sylvanas fled to The Ghostlands was to corrupt the Sunwell and make it a font of Death? What if the reason she burnt down Teldrassil was to also create a font of Death there? Thus slowly corrupting both Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms for her Master. This would bring down the veil between the Shadowlands and Azeroth.

The Exodar and Silvermoon City are situated in the perfect positions to fight off this corruption. The Exodar of course can fly and Silvermoon, like Dalaran, would be held up with magic, flying above Quel'thalas.

Teldrassil and the Isle of Quel'danas would then become patch content. Teldrassil would be x.1 and Quel'danas would be x.3.

Also these two cities would not have any race restrictions. Both Alliance and Horde could visit them since the faction war is over and we would need to fight for the greater good of the world.

Edit again lol (more stuff keeps popping in my head): There would be two raids to start off this expansion. One small Onyxia-esque one called Wyrmscar Island in Azuremyst Isles and a larger like 8-10 boss raid called Deathholme in Quel'thalas.
    Last edited by literallysame; 2019-10-14 at 10:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Silvermoon yes. Exodar - no, especially with draenei overload from WoD and Legion.
    you'll never convince me that we've had enough Draenei.

We require moar Draenei!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think far as new capitals goes, a neutral one. Since breaking the cycle and all that, no more split capitals.

But revamp ALL the capitals, and make new ones for the two who lost theirs in BFA.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2019-10-14 at 10:34 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gadgetzan as how Hearthstone depicts it, a massive city.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    What we need is a bigger world, then we can have bigger cities that actually look like medieval cities size-wise.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Gadgetzan as how Hearthstone depicts it, a massive city.
    Gadgetzan done up like Suramar with the three crime families as class-based factions would be great (add DKs to Grimestreet, Monks to Jade Lotus, DHs to the Kabal).

Hard to imagine finding a good time to make it fit thematically with an expansion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    you'll never convince me that we've had enough Draenei.

We require moar Draenei!
    MERGE the Exodar and the Vindicaar NAO!

I will pay in advance for 1 year of sub if they remaster Silvermoon and Eversong Woods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Gadgetzan done up like Suramar with the three crime families as class-based factions would be great (add DKs to Grimestreet, Monks to Jade Lotus, DHs to the Kabal).

Hard to imagine finding a good time to make it fit thematically with an expansion, though.
    Fixing the planet, Tinker class, "break/peace expansion". It would fit. Some gimmicky quests and lore about goblins and gnomes and vulpera all those mischevious tiny bastards.
    S.H.

I'd love it if the world revamp included a 10 year time skip in the story, would give justification for all the major changes.

A city in the snow. We've never had a large metro area in the snow. Someplace like Alterac or Winterspring.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/5/56/Mean_Streets_of_Gadgetzan_growth.jpg?version=830eb0bbe5cd9139dd1f89cb379af077[/IMG]

If it's a world revamp no need for it to fit, it just is because it exists by that time.

Blizzard only cares about Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They would just revamp and expand those instead of focusing on new cities. Kul'tiras and Zandalar are cool but will be abandoned and forgotten by 9.0. Until Blizzard learns to make content that keeps every capital city they worked hard on relevant and a place to be, everything but the main two will always just be ghost towns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Blizzard only cares about Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They would just revamp and expand those instead of focusing on new cities. Kul'tiras and Zandalar are cool but will be abandoned and forgotten by 9.0. Until Blizzard learns to make content that keeps every capital city they worked hard on relevant and a place to be, everything but the main two will always just be ghost towns.
    Honestly I wouldn't be mad if they properly expanded on those cities. They've become increasingly patchwork ever since Legion. If they're supposed to now be housing all these refugees, they need an extra district each. Hell, the Orgrimmar Embassy was plopped down right on top of the Goblin Slums.

I call this a BS idea, namely because it's not Anduin focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I'd love it if the world revamp included a 10 year time skip in the story, would give justification for all the major changes.
    Let's skip to a time when Anduin is actually a cool character.

You know the problem with that would be that we wouldn't see the development of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be mad if they properly expanded on those cities. They've become increasingly patchwork ever since Legion. If they're supposed to now be housing all these refugees, they need an extra district each. Hell, the Orgrimmar Embassy was plopped down right on top of the Goblin Slums.
    I wish they'd use what they have at least, like re-claim Gilneas and have the Worgen go back, offering the night elf refugees to stay there to pay them back from Cataclysm, and also because Tyrande is at odds with Anduin right now and getting along better with Genn.

They need to phase Suramar and make it an actual city. That place is huge and you would easily explain many of the Horde's refugees were sent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeous Lynda View Post
    Let's skip to a time when Anduin is actually a cool character.

You know the problem with that would be that we wouldn't see the development of the characters.
    Just give them lots of room for stories in novels and comics, Heck if we are lucky they’d do cinematics.

I like those two images; where did you find them?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for the Vindicaar to be parked near the Exodar and the island itself be settled by nelfs and draenei alike, adding the new models from WOD and Suramar reskinned buildings, making it a city for nelfs and draenei!

I'm a big TFT Blood Elf fan and i think it would be awesome if Silvermoon and Exodar were turned into proper capital cities on the standards of Orgrimmar and Stormwind. But i doubt they will do it because of the effort which would have to be made. I think the chance for these cities to get an overhaul is if Blizzard figures out a way to turn cities into questing hubs as well and make the regions meaningful. Which shouldn't be too complicated but oh well, its Blizzard.

Aside from all that, i think Night Elves and Forsaken need new capitals first. I would like to see the region of Hyjal expanded, so the Night Elves can have a new capital there near Nordrassil. In regards the Forsaken, either they clear up Undercity, or we could also see a split between loyalist forsaken and those who follow Calia. I have to say, i always imagined the Forsaken building a big fat mountain fortress in Alterac. I mean, Undeads in such a fortress would be nearly impossible to siege or siege out and attack. They need no food, water, sleep and in a mountain with enough ores, they could literally sit their for millenia testing diseases and building military equipment.

Sadly i doubt Blizzard will come up with capital cities soon. It looks like the only really important capital cities in their eyes are Orgrimmar and Stormwind, they're the only ones who get updates at all and are at least somewhat important to gameplay. Shame really.

Just let them build a city out of the broken exodar parts. In the style of wod shatrath.

And yes silvermoon.

And yes timeskip. Update everything and disconnect leveling quests from endgame content so they can be Timeless.

On topic: i would love to see a new fully realized nightelfe city. With huge trees and stuff.

Also an creepy undead town where not everything is destroyed around them