The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    God help me I love a smart RB who knows when time on the clock is the most important thing.
    It reminds me of that mess where we intercepted the ball a few years back and some idiot on defense told the guy to kneel in the end zone instead of take the ball out and run down the clock with it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone wanna take a stab at how much Booger gets fined because the NFL gets its fee-fees hurt when someone says something factual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone wanna take a stab at how much Booger gets fined because the NFL gets its fee-fees hurt when someone says something factual?
    Zero dollars since he doesn't work for the NFL.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Zero dollars since he doesn't work for the NFL.
    Oh right. But wait, then why are commentators so afraid to say anything against the refs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right. But wait, then why are commentators so afraid to say anything against the refs?
    Hasn't really been the case, even Buck & Aikman got in on it and they had Brady's tweet and everything.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    There's not many games where I think the game is outright decided by officiating, but I think this is one.

That's not to say I think they're being biased or favoring either team, it's just they're so awful and throwing highly questionable flags while completely ignore blatant ones with no rhyme or reason that this game is less a contest of skill than it is an RNG fest that feels like it's being decided by a bunch of coin flips.

No matter which team wins or loses, the winner can thank the refs and the losers can blame them equally.

Just awful refereeing.
    I don't know, there were bad calls against the Packers earlier.. the Lions just got hosed later in the game. Its easy to point at the last call of the game ans say it was "given" to one team.. but the Lions had favorable calls and they shit the bed plenty of times. A few missed PI calls come to mind.

Pass Interference is the most ridiculous thing .. talk about no rhyme or reason

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't know, there were bad calls against the Packers earlier.. the Lions just got hosed later in the game. Its easy to point at the last call of the game ans say it was "given" to one team.. but the Lions had favorable calls and they shit the bed plenty of times. A few missed PI calls come to mind.

I'm biased cause I'm a Lions fan, but the calls (or lack thereof) that stick out were

*Missed PI on the deep ball to Jones (?)
    *13 men for the Packers on D
    *The unnecessary roughness call
    *Obviously the two hands to the face calls

I don't remember the Lions getting any breaks, but again, I'm biased.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hasn't really been the case, even Buck & Aikman got in on it and they had Brady's tweet and everything.
    Booger was literally shushed on-air by a producer or someone else in the booth when he started getting ramped up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Booger was literally shushed on-air by a producer or someone else in the booth when he started getting ramped up.
    I thought this was one of Booger's best games. The fact he got shushed explains a lot about where MNF's problems lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I'm biased cause I'm a Lions fan, but the calls (or lack thereof) that stick out were

Don't forget that Kerryon Johnson "drop". Shit was three steps, no way that wasn't a completion.

Also https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/...49573783461888

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Kerryon Johnson "drop". Shit was three steps, no way that wasn't a completion.

Also https://twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/...49573783461888
    Wasn't at least one of those flagged as a holding too no less?

I'm finding it hard to stay interested in the NFL when it just feels so broken with the current referee system. It's not fun when games are decided by clearly bad calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Patriots veteran DL Michael Bennett has been suspended one week by the team for conduct detrimental, per @MikeGiardi
    and me. He was not at practice today."

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1184186148278718465

Bennett's snap counts have steadily decreased as time has gone on. He only had 11 snaps against the Giants and was replaced in the starting lineup by Deathrich Wise.

Going to guess he's trying to get traded right before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post

I don't even like your team. At the start of the game I couldn't care less who would have won. I was about as unbiased as a person could. Your team got absolutely robbed.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams trade Marcus Peters to the Ravens, seems Kenny Young is going the other way.

I assume there will also be picks involved.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the Rams are done for this year, already were bad and now without their two starting corners. If they weren't gonna extend Peters I get it, but right off the heels of Talib going on IR, not a good look.

- - - Updated - - -

and the refs have owned up to one of their many gaffs, apparently only the second hands to the face was an error

- - - Updated - - -

and Jalen Ramsey is going to the Rams, my head is spinning

wow they are paying a ridiculous price
    /s

2 1sts and a 4th is kind of a lot, but not sure how good the Rams are at drafting. If they are as bad at picking in the 1st round as some teams are, it is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, 2 first rounders. They gonna be in cap hell, AND no firsts.

It sure does feel like overpaying, going to hurt when they are suffering in cap hell and don't have quality players on rookie deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

The first half was pretty even in amount of bad calls both ways and missed calls both ways, which spurned my comment because the refs just kept letting blatant penalties slide and throwing baffling flags which made it hard for either team to really get things going. I'm actually surprised either team did as well as they did in the first half given the circumstances.

The second half is a different story as they continued to not call obvious penalties on both teams (like that wonderful clothesline block) but all of the really baffling calls in the second half went against the Lions, and at key moments (the Lions had something like 5 3rd down stops extended by questionable penalties, including the first Flowers flag which then led to a TD).