Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    What would a Tinker's mainhand weapon be? How would that work with the mech suit and would they really create an entire unique weapon set for 1 class? (before you say demon hunter and glaives there were several models of glaives ingame before demon hunters were introduced).
    mace and gun nothing more simple i even think hunter wise we may need to change how gun and bow work diffrent to fix hunter
    ranger based ability looks really wierd on gun yet we have we have trueshot aura that is haste but the name is true shot dont really make sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not every character is a class in this game, some are just artisans and are defined by their profession.
    Gazlowes wowpedia says he's an engineer as "class".

Once again, he was never a tinker before. It's something they can change aka retcon.
    Even when character's have their own utility, players will always look to them for self-adequacy. It's why Sylvanas and a few others are always talked about. This trend started with the Lich King and Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A wolf biting a spider, and a turret blasting the spider from 30-40 yards away is not “overlap”.

A bomb that sucks enemies towards its center and explodes and an orb that swirls forward and freezes targets in a line isn’t overlap either.

[qyote]What does the scrap do?
    Restores resources and reduces cooldowns of abilities.

A rhino stomping the ground and an upgraded turret firing explosive shells dealing splash damage isn’t overlap.

Overlap is when two classes are literally sharing the same abilities. Unless Blizzard gets really creative with their arrow concepts, you’re going to be seeing a lot of “Dark Ranger” Hunter abilities that just do shadow damage instead of nature damage.[/QUOTE]

You’re being incredibly selective with the abilities you’re choosing to compare. There IS overlap. You’re just finding every way you can to deny it for Tinkers.

You’re hopeless. I thought you were finally at a point where you can have a reasonable discussion after you admitted Dark Rangers could be possible.

What would a Tinker's mainhand weapon be? How would that work with the mech suit and would they really create an entire unique weapon set for 1 class? (before you say demon hunter and glaives there were several models of glaives ingame before demon hunters were introduced).
    There were glaive models, but not a glaive type.

They could make a "Wrench" type as some maces have wrench models, but I'd rather just give them the ability to use ranged weapons (Bow/Gun/Crossbow) So we could have a second user there.

Are they gonna make new classes start at level 1 as well? What are they gonna do when those people want to quest through the Broken Isles? "Sorry no can do, cause you dont have an order hall or an artifact weapon"

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Even when character's have their own utility, players will always look to them for self-adequacy. It's why Sylvanas and a few others are always talked about. This trend started with the Lich King and Illidan.
    Yeah, thing is we have Gelbin Mekkatorque who is a High Tinker as a perfect candidate for that...
    Only reason people used Gazlowe was to try and tie in tinkers into the campaign in wc3 to somehow make the argument for a tinker 20 years later has been hinted at since then... not sure what that's about.

Are they gonna make new classes start at level 1 as well? What are they gonna do when those people want to quest through the Broken Isles? "Sorry no can do, cause you dont have an order hall or an artifact weapon"
    You don't need either for Broken Isle. Add a mission board in Dalaran to choose area for missions. Experience will be diminished absolutely, but frankly past expansions are sorta irrelevant. Even then since there have been hints on level squish I'm willing to bet we can chose where we go to lvl more freely.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-10-15 at 10:06 PM.

Not every character is a class in this game, some are just artisans and are defined by their profession.
    Gazlowes wowpedia says he's an engineer as "class".

Once again, he was never a tinker before. It's something they can change aka retcon.

Frostbolt, firebolt, lightning bolt, shadowbolt and plenty of other skills works exactly the same but looks different with some minor tweaks.
    He has actually been considered a tinker at the very least since HotS came out since they gave him the tinkers iconic power armor. And talked about how "Few would consider the diminutive goblin tinkers fighters, but what they lack in height, they more than make up in mechanical cunning. Gazlowe's mechanical exoskeleton is an especially effective war machine - whenever it's working." That was in 2013. Then like a year later when they added him to Hearthstone and once again gave him the Tinkers iconic power armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You’re hopeless. I thought you were finally at a point where you can have a reasonable discussion after you admitted Dark Rangers could be possible.
    There's no reasoning with him.

His admittance to the Dark Ranger is only to save his own ass after he was so adamant that the Demon Hunter was not going to be playable ever. It's not a reach for common ground by any means, it's just so that he doesn't get outed for being wrong a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There's no reasoning with him.

His admittance to the Dark Ranger is only to save his own ass after he was so adamant that the Demon Hunter was not going to be playable ever. It's not a reach for common ground by any means, it's just so that he doesn't get outed for being wrong a second time.
    He is very stubborn.

But tbh, not like Kumorii or Ielenia are much better in this thread.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    *snip*
    One is more fleshed out than the other, and has better potential in adding new gameplay mechanics, overlap or not. Dark Ranger would work best as a spec under a new class.

Classes and specs aren't all that distinct in BFA thanks to streamlining.

Real hunters refuse to use guns.
    but real hunter use guns aswell a argument that makes no sense but marksman = sniper and bow is not really a sniper spec but bow got its own style right now i just starting to see more the problem around hunter and weapon becus dark ranger and tinker arguments here is showing the problem but another problem is do people gona go with no changes on something that can fix problems or are they desperate to have transmod on it

Quote Originally Posted by Carcimomim View Post
    I’m not in favor of a tinker class because it makes no sense. It still has a likely chance of being implemented. I just don’t see how it’s really anything more than a pipe dream class.
    Not to mention that it only really fits the least two popular races in the game. If people want Tinkers they should ask Blizzard to overhaul Engineering or something.
    change can't wait.

I don't like bows for tinkers specifically. Guns and crossbows are more technologically advanced, but using mechs or turrets etc while shooting arrows with Stone Age technology seems a bit awkward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Not to mention that it only really fits the least two popular races in the game. If people want Tinkers they should ask Blizzard to overhaul Engineering or something.
    There are plenty of other options. Dwarves have loads of machines and technology. One of the members of Gazlowe's Greasemonkeys is a Forsaken, and they use chemical sprays to heal. It won't just be goblins and gnomes, even if they are the most common ones that we've seen up to this point.
    Last edited by protip; 2019-10-15 at 10:13 PM.

Iron Horde have mechs. DOESNT FIT.

Lightforged Draenei have Warframes. DOESNT FIT.

Really?
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is never going to replace/modify a full rotation, spec, or class.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    He has actually been considered a tinker at the very least since HotS came out since they gave him the tinkers iconic power armor. And talked about how "Few would consider the diminutive goblin tinkers fighters, but what they lack in height, they more than make up in mechanical cunning. Gazlowe's mechanical exoskeleton is an especially effective war machine - whenever it's working." That was in 2013. Then like a year later when they added him to Hearthstone and once again gave him the Tinkers iconic power armor.
    Sure, I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a tinker back in wc3. Nor is he referred to as a Tinker in WoW. It will certainly be retconned in Wc3R and added in WoW. Although I would much prefer him to be a sapper in Wc3R to give him the lore of ascending to status of tinker. As i've mentioned I don't understand the real focus on Gazlowe anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    I don't like bows for tinkers specifically. Guns and crossbows are more technologically advanced, but using mechs or turrets etc while shooting arrows with Stone Age technology seems a bit awkward to me.
    y i am starting to see that bow and gun/crossbow should not count as the same type of weapon those are really diffrent compare to bow like how barrage on gun and crossbow looks really wierd

10+ Year Old Account
    Real hunters refuse to use guns.
    So are you saying Hemet Nesingwary and his son are not real hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Iron Horde have mechs. DOESNT FIT.

Lightforged Draenei have Warframes. DOESNT FIT.

Really?
    So what races (on both Horde and Alliance) would you say should be able to be tinkers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Engineering is never going to replace/modify a full rotation, spec, or class.
    So then how does one make the concept of Tinkers = one class? (3 specs, and I know that DH's only have 2 but that is pure laziness)
    change can't wait.

Sure, I stand corrected. Doesn't change the fact that he wasn't a tinker back in wc3. Nor is he referred to as a Tinker in WoW. It will certainly be retconned in Wc3R and added in WoW. Although I would much prefer him to be a sapper in Wc3R to give him the lore of ascending to status of tinker. As i've mentioned I don't understand the real focus on Gazlowe anyway.
    Well, he's also not referred to as a "sapper" in WoW.

One of the reasons why there's a focus on him is because he is from back then and shows a canonical state of Tinker being in the game because you have people that refuse to acknowledge the "Goblin Tinker" hero as canon because it's not in the single player story (although it's funny because those same people will then claim that Firelords and Alchemist are).