Yeah this weird almost masturbatory obsession with using Republican talking points over health care.

"BUT WHAT IF THEY WANT TO KEEP THEIR HEALTHCARE PLAN."

I dont know a single person who isn't a millionaire that loves their healthcare plan. They pay too much for too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Yeah this weird almost masturbatory obsession with using Republican talking points over health care.

"BUT WHAT IF THEY WANT TO KEEP THEIR HEALTHCARE PLAN."

I dont know a single person who isn't a millionaire that loves their healthcare plan. They pay too much for too little.
    Except it's supported by polling amongst the democratic electorate. Like it or not, upending the entire healthcare system is not a popular endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    snip
    He spouts vague talking points that anybody could come up with. Like people predicting Sylvanas wouldn't be Warchief after BfA ended. No shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Except it's supported by polling amongst the democratic electorate. Like it or not, upending the entire healthcare system is not a popular endeavor.
    Good thing this isn't what those plans do. But you and a lot of people don't seem to know that because people jerk themselves off over a busted ass system that costs them way too much money.

He spouts vague talking points that anybody could come up with. Like people predicting Sylvanas wouldn't be Warchief after BfA ended. No shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing this isn't what those plans do. But you and a lot of people don't seem to know that because people jerk themselves off over a busted ass system that costs them way too much money.
    Explain to me how getting 150m people off of their current healthcare plan for a government run plan isn't upending the entire healthcare system?

Explain to me how getting 150m people off of their current healthcare plan for a government run plan isn't upending the entire healthcare system?
    Because for some reason you and others who aren't paying attention seem to think all those doctors you're currently going to are going to suddenly disappear when the systems transfer. As if they're going to poof away out of existence.

That's not how it works lol but apparently people just aren't paying attention to the actual specifics of these plans because they're too busy basically spooging into their own faces over how great our horrendous system is. Because they've been trained to by deceptive politicians into thinking its out of some misguided fear of "MUH SOCIALIZM."
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-10-16 at 01:31 AM.

It's funny people here are jerking off so hard to what race someone is... people obsessed with race are shitty and definitely not going to move the country forward. Ideas > race any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

We're surrendering our freedoms to fear!

A funny thing to say when it comes to gun control.

Because for some reason you and others who aren't paying attention seem to think all those doctors you're currently going to are going to suddenly disappear when the systems transfer. As if they're going to poof away out of existence.

That's not how it works lol but apparently people just aren't paying attention to the actual specifics of these plans because they're too busy basically spooging into their own faces over how great our horrendous system is. Because they've been trained to by deceptive politicians into thinking its out of some misguided fear of "MUH SOCIALIZM."
    My only goal this cycle is removing Trump. While I may be fine with M4A, I'm under 0 delusions that it would be an easy transition and that it would be broadly popular.
    It would also never make it past the Senate.

You joke about "MUH SOCIALIZM" but the fact is its an electoral killer and is the easiest argument that the GOP can make to make the general election much closer than I'm comfortable with.

The fact of the matter is that any D candidate will be far and away better than Trump.

My only goal this cycle is removing Trump. While I may be fine with M4A, I'm under 0 delusions that it would be an easy transition and that it would be broadly popular.
    It would also never make it past the Senate.
    I don't think it would be 100% easy, but I don't think using talking points from wholly dishonest actors in this debate is how to discuss the topic.

Remember Obamacare was also negatively viewed until it went into effect and then the public backlash to removing it jumped up so much that even biased fools like McCain ended up voting against removing it.

You joke about "MUH SOCIALIZM" but the fact is its an electoral killer and is the easiest argument that the GOP can make to make the general election much closer than I'm comfortable with.
    I think the message in support of it is so much more feasible to give to people drowning in medical bills than it is to be afraid of taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah now Booker is defending Sanders too lol.

He's 100% auditioning for ANYONE's VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of now, health insurance dictates who you can see, when, and what treatments you can receive.

I know of someone whose insurance said they had to go 40 min down the road and under the knife for a simple procedure that could have been down the street in an office. All because of health insurance.

I had an office try to charge me $100 and some change for a 5 min followup due to a health insurance dispute - which was all on them not understanding my coverage.

Doctors don't go poof with MFA, except for those who are only in it to game the system. Unless you believe that access to healthcare is a privilege, theres no reason to keep the private insurance industry afloat.

The transition wont be easy but its necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats Booker being Booker. Which is sadly why he'll never win because he always wants to come with the fair/unifying message.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I don't think it would be 100% easy, but I don't think using talking points from wholly dishonest actors in this debate is how to discuss the topic.

Remember Obamacare was also negatively viewed until it went into effect and then the public backlash to removing it jumped up so much that even biased fools like McCain ended up voting against removing it.

I think the message in support of it is so much more feasible to give to people drowning in medical bills than it is to be afraid of taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not understand the risk of M4A? The ACA caused Democrats to lose the House and the Senate. It may be broadly popular now, but it didn't play well to the general populace. M4A is that on steroids.

Do you not understand the risk of M4A? The ACA caused Democrats to lose the House and the Senate. It may be broadly popular now, but it didn't play well to the general populace. M4A is that on steroids.
    Yeah see I'd rather get it done and lose an off year election then do nothing and have our dogshit system in place.

Furthermore the newer generation is far, far less cared of "muh socialzm" than the older one is, and they'll be gone soon.

That line of attack is going to very quickly stop working.

- - - Updated - - -

Tulsi doing the Kremlin's bidding again by going after Warren.

It's so pathetically transparent.

Yeah see I'd rather get it done and lose an off year election then do nothing and have our dogshit system in place.

Furthermore the newer generation is far, far less cared of "muh socialzm" than the older one is, and they'll be gone soon.

That line of attack is going to very quickly stop working.

- - - Updated - - -

Tulsi doing the Kremlin's bidding again by going after Warren.

It's so pathetically transparent.
    It's literally not about losing an off year election, its about losing 2020. If you think the GOP is guaranteed to lose, I'd like to direct you to the rust belt states that swung the last election for Trump.

It's literally not about losing an off year election, its about losing 2020. If you think the GOP is guaranteed to lose, I'd like to direct you to the rust belt states that swung the last election for Trump.
    Trump's win was an insanely narrow margin against a woman who has been smeared for 30 years lol.

Pretending that the same love of the unknown chaos factor will be the same this time around is ridiculous.

I'm going to stop derailing this thread though. I personally just don't think the threat is nearly as large as presented. I'm not even saying that you're doing it deliberately, I think the discussion is so warped and misguided on the issue on purpose.

The thing is though, that M4A’s transition will be the most difficult behind the scenes, but it won’t fundamentally change the way people interact with the healthcare system. Despite the talk of “taking away people’s healthcare,” most of what M4A proponents have to convince people of is that a) their coverage will be the same or better, and b) they will be able to see the same providers. Also that cost will go down, but despite seeming like a massive change, most of the change will be felt by the industry, not the patients.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Beto out there comparing Warren to Trump when she talked about breaking up Facebook because Trump sees journalists as enemies.

What a fucking idiot. @Edge- is right, he's literally flailing about rhetorically doing the Republican's work for them right now because he knows he's losing.

Why are Warren stans everywhere so upset with the other candidates going after her? She's the big dog on stage right now. That's how this whole thing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The thing is though, that M4A’s transition will be the most difficult behind the scenes, but it won’t fundamentally change the way people interact with the healthcare system. Despite the talk of “taking away people’s healthcare,” most of what M4A proponents have to convince people of is that a) their coverage will be the same or better, and b) they will be able to see the same providers. Also that cost will go down, but despite seeming like a massive change, most of the change will be felt by the industry, not the patients.
    That may be the case, but it will easily be attacked by the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Why are Warren stans everywhere so upset with the other candidates going after her? She's the big dog on stage right now. That's how this whole thing works.
    Because they're straight up using GOP talking points.

You've had other people NOT doing this, like Sanders was earlier, and that's totally acceptable. Even Biden really hasn't been doing it. Its only the ones who really have no chance of winning that are doing it.

Holy shit Kamala think she's doing a gotcha over "Y AREN'T U SAYING TWITTER SHOULD BAN TRUMP" lol

Because they're straight up using GOP talking points.
    Which is exactly what the eventual Democrat challenger to Trump is going to face anyway in the general election. It's about letting the cream rise to the top.