Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont like hearthstone or overwatch or hots and diablo 3 is really boring. This isnt about just blizzard games, because good luck trying to tear away sf5/tekken players to their fighting game and casuals find them too complicated which is why such a niche genre. Why they didnt go with a rogue like/lite is beyond me
    And I hate roguelikes and would refuse to play it on principle. Since we're pretending that our personal opinions reflect the entire consumer base, that means that any roguelike project is dead in the water as they're universally reviled.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    And I hate roguelikes and would refuse to play it on principle. Since we're pretending that our personal opinions reflect the entire consumer base, that means that any roguelike project is dead in the water as they're universally reviled.
    Who said anything about reviled? I didnt even say they would be bad. I said theyre going to have a decent player base in china, peter out in the west after a few weeks and be forgotten like most streamer games

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Saw Trump's videos on the card game. It looks different enough to be able to dig its own spot in the market. It also seems it could become pretty fast paced once people get more familiar with it, a match between two pros could end up being really flashy. Unfortunately getting/creating cards looks like the typical grind that's become standard in the genre.

Pretty excited for it all the same and I haven't even played League since about 2011 or so.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Card game looks interesting enough and its more F2P friendly than HS, im dead sure im gonna drop HS once and for all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Who said anything about reviled? I didnt even say they would be bad. I said theyre going to have a decent player base in china, peter out in the west after a few weeks and be forgotten like most streamer games
    So every game should be a dark souls, monster hunter, diablo... every game ever made should be defining it's own genre, with totally new ideas, never before heard of mechanics, and of course, tailored to somehow keep the casuals entertained despite the fact that the average casual gamer is about as flexible as a steel rod.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    despite the fact that the average casual gamer is about as flexible as a steel rod.
    You just made my argument why they wont catch on. Thanks

Oh look, another card game that'll be dead in a month. And a shooter that will survive until the twitch sponsorships end.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-10-16 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i have a feeling that blizzard is gonna kick back hard with blizzcon and blow everyone away
    I don't think it is concidence that Riot decieded announce this stuff yesterday. Two weeks before Blizzcon, bad press at Blizzard, low morale and protests durning blizzcon.

Yeah if anything big blizz will not announce, i wouldn't be suprised if this year Blizzcon will end like previous.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every thing but the diablo looking one
    Will be a pass from me. Hopefully they do some good story stuff for league.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got no investment in League as a franchise, but I'm curious to see what the Rising Thunder guys are doing with the fighting game. That's gonna be a tough genre to break into -- even Dragon Ball FighterZ lost most of its buzz after the first year. Personally committed to SamSho and GG2020, though.

It'll be interesting to see if/how the brand can expand to other genres and if the fans follow. As an outsider I can't say I'm particularly interested in the card game or ARPG at the moment.

The FPS looks alright mechanically, and has cool animations, but is a bit boring visually. I wasn't expecting such a generic "military shooter" look before clicking play.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-10-16 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    They take good moment for that announces, when Blizzard got bad press. Really good moment.
    Yeah lets hope all the boycott Blizzard people dont figure out Riot games is 100% owned by Tencent, a chinese company.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is concidence that Riot decieded announce this stuff yesterday. Two weeks before Blizzcon, bad press at Blizzard, low morale and protests durning blizzcon.
    Yeah, I'm sure they timed the release date for League just so the 10th anniversary would fall on the heels of a random controversy that affected another developer in 2019.

Did someone say...a card game?

IM IN

instantly. I hope the balancing team is on point on this one...and by that, i mean i want MY deck to be the best...as always
    Man i love card games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah lets hope all the boycott Blizzard people dont figure out Riot games is 100% owned by Tencent, a chinese company.
    They also just asked their casters and players not to discuss politics on stream, so they're just as complicit.

I'm hyped for the animated series but riot and blizzard can't design pvp games that I enjoy for shit. They don't understand what the word counterplay means and they just preach teamwork all the time. When any game with more than 1 team is team focused at a high level all you do by over engineer that shit is make me reliant on people. It's why league took it's first dip in players during season 7 because they kept adding more team based mechanics into a game with 40 minute matches. I can't tell you how out of touch you'd have to be to do that shit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They also just asked their casters and players not to discuss politics on stream, so they're just as complicit.
    DAMMIT!
    I cant enjoy videogames anymore knowing the China situation.
    You know that character on the Matrix's movie who says "Ignorance is Bliss" (cypher)...yeah...i cant simply enjoy games anymore...
    I feel bad and feel like an hypocrite

Yeah if anything big blizz will not announce, i wouldn't be suprised if this year Blizzcon will end like previous.
    if they dont announce it will be even worse, they have to announce the big games or else its done. so im expecting something big for overwatch like an expansion or new seperate game, im expecting diablo 4 , and a dope new wow expac and maybe something extra who knows

Riot Games becoming another major online game developer on PC platform which is good, maybe we will see an MMO project from them some day in the future. I'm glad they went with Tencent instead of Activation or EA, these companies are a complete cancer nowadays overrun by greed to the point of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    riot is so big now and league of legends is huge so i dont think it will be like those other standard korean versions or whatever other versions there are, riot already has a fanbase ready to go. Im curious what blizzcon holds. its time for blizzard to kick back and show us whats up
    MOBA players will not just hop on whatever Riot offers. That's not how preferences work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Riot Games becoming another major online game developer on PC platform which is good, maybe we will see an MMO project from them some day in the future. I'm glad they went with Tencent instead of Activation or EA, these companies are a complete cancer nowadays overrun by greed to the point of insanity.
    They are all equally as bad except Tencent actively censors people for speaking out for freedoms. Gamers are so screwed in the damn head nowadays.

It is a coincidence. A major reveal of multiple titles like this takes months of planning and preparation and usually has all kinds of external timelines that can't be easily moved up.

Also, it's timed to their 10th anniversary.