Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That'd be weird... anthropomorphic animal can shape shift into other animal forms... then again, Worgen can be druids so I guess it's not that weird.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be pretty cool, actually. An actual bear TANK. Mechanized cat form. The only logistics lie in how the shape shifting works between the flesh part using nature magic, and the mechanical part transforming as well.
    tauren???????

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Not really though. In this example I'm simply saying that a small group of Draenei would form, let's say a secret society, hidden within Draenei society, that explores fel magics with the intention of making the world a better place. I'm not saying it isn't misguided. Nor am I saying other Draenei like or condone it.

Because I simply don't believe that 100% of a population thinks the same way with zero deviation. Especially after all of the abrupt change they have gone through. Look how quickly the AU Draenei changed, taking a radical approach towards miltaristic enforcement of the Light within a single generation. Can you really say that you can't see a small group of Draenei try to branch out in such a way with the best of intentions?
    That's like saying some members of the group of people that don't ride horses could create a secret group within that supergroup that does ride horses.
    No, they couldn't. They could become people that ride horses but pretend not to, but they wouldn't be people that don't ride horses anymore.

Your belief is misguided because the group is defined as agreeing on that point. Anybody who doesn't isn't part of the group. If a Draenei turns to Fel, he stops being Draenei.

Vulpera and Mechagnomes already got their classes laid out when revealed, and druid wasn't listed. Rumors are rumors, nothing is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Goblin shaman make sense, goblin priests on the other hand... welp.
    Elaborate on that one, how don't goblin priests make sense?

Far as I am aware, technically speaking, every race can be every classic from a lore perspective.
    Last edited by UnluckyAmateur; 2019-10-16 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Transformer mechagnome druids would make more sense compared to vulpera druids.
    I have been joking about it when 8.3 ptr went up. Does it make sense? Ofc no, but sense and logic regarding WoW world Blizzard has left behind veeery long time ago, and even in classic many things were a stretch.
    Imagine a hunter... just a basic, physic and nature based class, commanding ethereal and mechanical "beasts", I mean- who could imagine that?!

They were not 'bribing elementals', they were making arrangements and deals with them. Not entirely unlike what other races do, but there isn't mutual respect beyond that exchange.

It's not their strongest option but it's not that big of a reach.
    Bribing is specifically what they said when they announced them. It might have just been poor wording who knows, but that is what they went with. With they way they rape and pillage the land it is insane that the elements don't turn on them at every turn.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Bribing is specifically what they said when they announced them. It might have just been poor wording who knows, but that is what they went with. With they way they rape and pillage the land it is insane that the elements don't turn on them at every turn.
    Keep in mind that the elements aren't necessarily allies with one another. And they don't particularly care about nature. So spreading burning oil everywhere might actually get you bonus points with Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transformer mechagnome druids
    holy shit. that would be so out of place... but so awesome as well!! XD

This seems really, really, unlikely to happen, only because Blizzard never does cool stuff like this lol.

Though I could see new Druid races being announced as part of 9.0 at Blizzcon I suppose.

Don't think it's possible for 8.3 or even 8.x

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Keep in mind that the elements aren't necessarily allies with one another. And they don't particularly care about nature. So spreading burning oil everywhere might actually get you bonus points with Fire.
    They aren't and they often war with each other. Shamman find some collective harmony with them all though. Enhance and Ele directly work with all of them constantly, Resto is the only one that favors certain ones. Sure this is to some degree an issue of game play and potentially lore butting heads. That is the game in a nutshell though. Tauren join the horde to fight the dwarves for tearing up the land, yet the NE don't seem to care one bit. Fast forward a bit and all of a sudden dwarves are shammies too. Really it all just adds up to Blizzard will make something fit if they want to and ignore or retcon things as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    I dont think so, like have we even seen a Vulpera in game that can be a druid? Surely if there were, we would have seen it by now so Im going with no
    Logic fails because of monks.
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, they are going to be "possible" DKs too next expa (perhaps) so, i will not bet anything against or in favor of that. They can be warlocks, wich its related to them being "carnival Pyromancers/gypsis" but at the same time, they can be warlocks, but not Zandalari.

So, i will stay neutral... because a lot of shit going on with Bolvar, with the Tinker class and the necromancer class.....

Imagine having Tinker as a hero class for smalls races and Necromancer as a normal class for everyone... plus lifting some of the restrictions...

also, alliance need one more paladin allied race.... instead of more shamans....just to remind that.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I feel like if a Goblin can bargain with the elements to be able to be a shaman then they can pretty much be anything. Pay off a druid to teach ya how to shapeshift. Pay off a priest to show ya the ways of the light, etc
    Can't pay a druid to teach you how to shapeshift. Can't pay a monk to teach you how to meditate and master your mind and body. You could probably teach a druid to teach you restoration and balance magic, though, and you could teach a brawler to show you how to punch things hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Elaborate on that one, how don't goblin priests make sense?

Far as I am aware, technically speaking, every race can be every classic from a lore perspective.
    What religion do goblins follow?

Even Gnome priests can follow the light, even if most gnomes don't really care. But goblins?

The issue with goblins is that there isn't an answer to that question. They exist as an afterthought. There really isn't a reason for them to. Goblin priest 'lore' doesn't exist. At least with some of the other races with this problem you can speculate because religion plays (or played) some role in their society, such as with nightborne and pandaren, but goblins?

How do they exist?

Transformer mechagnome druids would make more sense compared to vulpera druids.
    In what world does a robot have more of a connection to nature than a fucking animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Shaman making deals with the elements probably plays a role in why the elementals don't turn on them as often as they otherwise could... not saying that the story is ideal, but there are much more offensive cases than this. At least some goblin shaman have played a noteworthy role in questchains, somewhere. Maybe classes exist only as an afterthought, but goblin shaman (even if they are a stretch) are not one of those cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    In what world does a robot have more of a connection to nature than a fucking animal?
    It's not the connection to nature that makes sense, rather the fact that the hardest part of being a druid (shapeshifting) can be gotten around by being a mechagnome, and the magic can be learned more easily.

It's a stretch, but the concept is interesting enough that it could work if Blizzard wanted to make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    at this point I think it's safe to assume lore and logic no longer care for blizzard and they just want them $$$ from race changes
    I love that OP goes "I heard a rumor in trade chat, here are no sources whatsoever" and your first reaction is "UGH FUCKING BLIZZARD JUST WANTS MONEY" (of course they do, btw, that's kind of how capitalism works).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    they weren't born animals
    Reminder that humans and night elves are animals.

...Actually, now that I think about it, humans aren't animals in WoW's setting. They're the descendants of what are essentially robots converted to flesh via magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Vulpera already have more classes than MG...Horde has more Druids than Alliance even though Night Elves were the original Druids. Be complete BS if Vulpera get Druid.

Alliance should get KT Pallies or Worgen Shaman is this were true...
    Everybody needs more classes. I'm hoping the addition of DKs for everybody means more class combos coming soon.

Particularly:

-Night Elf Paladins

-Draenei anything (Rogue? Warlock? The Rengari can turn invisible, what's the problem?)

-Kul Tiran Paladins

-Worgen and Goblin monks

-Highmountain Paladins? Highmountain can learn it from their cousins

-Lightforged Shaman? They can learn about the elements through their recently reunited Draenei cousins

-Zandalari Warlocks

-Void Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters

-Mechagnome Shaman? They're part earth, technically

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I love that OP goes "I heard a rumor in trade chat, here are no sources whatsoever" and your first reaction is "UGH FUCKING BLIZZARD JUST WANTS MONEY" (of course they do, btw, that's kind of how capitalism works).
    The MMO forums in a nutshell, Tolfor.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Shaman making deals with the elements probably plays a role in why the elementals don't turn on them as often as they otherwise could... not saying that the story is ideal, but there are much more offensive cases than this. At least some goblin shaman have played a noteworthy role in questchains, somewhere. Maybe classes exist only as an afterthought, but goblin shaman (even if they are a stretch) are not one of those cases.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the connection to nature that makes sense, rather the fact that the hardest part of being a druid (shapeshifting) can be gotten around by being a mechagnome, and the magic can be learned more easily.

It's a stretch, but the concept is interesting enough that it could work if Blizzard wanted to make it possible.
    Note worthy role after the class/race option was in game, they can drop anything they want there. It could be a unicorn that shits bubble gum ice cream, that doesn't mean it would make sense for that to be a player choice also. As I said in another post Blizz has to put game play before lore as a result we end up with holy void elves and various other things that don't make any sense beyond that. Each time they do it though it just chews up that much more lore and riddles the game with holes in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's like saying some members of the group of people that don't ride horses could create a secret group within that supergroup that does ride horses.
    No, they couldn't. They could become people that ride horses but pretend not to, but they wouldn't be people that don't ride horses anymore.

Your belief is misguided because the group is defined as agreeing on that point. Anybody who doesn't isn't part of the group. If a Draenei turns to Fel, he stops being Draenei.
    So give us playable Eredar. /shrug
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.