Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    Because DH are trained to fight the legion, using their own magic. The void are not the legion and they use other kind of magic. Maybe we need Void Hunters .

DK make more sense if you dont mind to rise your fallen friends and make them undead guys.
    Since legion, lorewise, there is Zero problem to justify new DK. We raised several via class hall progression so why not a random player who WAS GIVEN A CHOICE same way to the followers we raised?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    They don't have to. Nelf and belf dh get the original start, new races get new start.
    Why go through the effort of making a new start at all then?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Only illidari DH (which is a faction, not a class) were traditionally elves. Demon hunters in general can be any race, and there has been hints ingame of a human DH that has never been named.

Some Demon hunters created thier own version of being a Demon hunter modeled after Illidan when he was in prision for 10k years, In that time those elves couldve trained other DHs, though it would have been extremely rare.
    The only source of non-Elven Demon Hunters is the tabletop RPG, which is explicitly non-canon.

In Warcraft III, all Demon Hunters are Night Elves. In WoW, Blood Elves were added in TBC. In all cases, Demon Hunters in canon are the disciples or copycats of Illidan.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    The only source of non-Elven Demon Hunters is the tabletop RPG, which is explicitly non-canon.

In Warcraft III, all Demon Hunters are Night Elves. In WoW, Blood Elves were added in TBC. In all cases, Demon Hunters in canon are the disciples or copycats of Illidan.
    You'd need to be a race with access to Outland pre-BC.

So congratulations Humans and Orcs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

am i the only one who wants human demon hunters?

back at MoP i used to roll a warlock demon hunter with the gliph of Dark Apotheosis

also, these bad boys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sider View Post
    Because DH are trained to fight the legion, using their own magic. The void are not the legion and they use other kind of magic. Maybe we need Void Hunters .

DK make more sense if you dont mind to rise your fallen friends and make them undead guys.
    To be fair, DHs are still hunting down demons, they are making sure the remanent of the Legion is:

A) Completely destroyed

or

B) It stays without a head that can organize them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If they add more Demon Hunters, it'll likely be just two more, if that. Draenei and Orcs make sense, though an Orc with demon wings sounds a bit goofy to me. I'd settle for Nightborne and Draenei.
    Hey!, Orc look really cool with the Warlock T6 Demon wings (as long as you have them standing upright, otherwise it does look a little goofy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Demon hunters are specifically made to hunt/counter DEMONS. What's the point of a "DEMON" hunter if demons aren't a problem anymore and have been defeated? "VOID" Hunter probably makes more sense lol.. I still can't believe they just deleted the legion from the lore now basically. What a waste... Some villains just shouldn't be defeated/defeatable.
    To be fair, the Legion is not completely gone, is just leaderless, and the DHs are still going around hunting down demons and hunting down those that think they can take control of the now leaderless demons of the Burning Legion, in the end, that conflict will be eternal (at least for us mortals)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    To be fair, DHs are still hunting down demons, they are making sure the remanent of the Legion is:

A) Completely destroyed

or

B) It stays without a head that can organize them

- - - Updated - - -

Hey!, Orc look really cool with the Warlock T6 Demon wings (as long as you have them standing upright, otherwise it does look a little goofy)

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the Legion is not completely gone, is just leaderless, and the DHs are still going around hunting down demons and hunting down those that think they can take control of the now leaderless demons of the Burning Legion, in the end, that conflict will be eternal (at least for us mortals)
    Are they still doing that or is it headcanon? All I know is the leader of the demon hunters is either Anduin's or Sylvanas' (or Thralls now?) lacky.

still waiting on my mechagnome demon hunter

Is there anything in the PTR to even support DHs getting a revamped starting area?

A portal to the Tomb of Sargeras could be for many things.

I don't see why people have a problem with new Demon Hunters. In canon they were illidari NEs and BEs trained under illidan to defeat the legion, but with that reasoning why are they still fighting in BFA? Why is it so farfetched that new races would be trained to combat new threats? It's not like their power only works against Demons...

And in regards to "why make a new starting area solely for new races?", It would just make sense storywise to have the illidari stay with their opening explaining their origin, and the new races being trained by THEM in a separate experience to attempt to preserve some continuity.
    Last edited by Mishtacody; 2019-10-16 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Are they still doing that or is it headcanon? All I know is the leader of the demon hunters is either Anduin's or Sylvanas' (or Thralls now?) lacky.
    Well... at the end of Legion that was what they said that they will keep doing (Basically they will continue the invasion stuff, they also pointed out that "there were many planets that we need to free from the demon influence", and when it comes to the affiliation with the Horde and Alliance, not sure

Funny because I dreamt last night that Goblin Demon Hunters were possible to create and everywhere were female Goblin Demon Hunters running around.

If they open up demonhunters then Zandalari troll make alot of sense.
    Since the Demoniac has alot of the demonhunter trades.

Honestly, they should just open up every class to every race. Be done with it.

If anything i believe in 9.0 hero classes will be raised to 118 starting out and do a new starter story involving bolvar the new lich king and the tomb or new citadel for the demon hunters seeing as they have no real hub of their own. Could hint to 9.0 being an epic battle to defend azeroth from the newest threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If anything i believe in 9.0 hero classes will be raised to 118 starting out and do a new starter story involving bolvar the new lich king and the tomb or new citadel for the demon hunters seeing as they have no real hub of their own. Could hint to 9.0 being an epic battle to defend azeroth from the newest threat.
    Odd, thought the DH had a spaceship docked next to a piece of real estate that was removed from Legion control.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    If they do level squish, it means everyone starts from level 1, it means that they need new experience for Death Knights and Demon Hunters so it makes sense.
    If they don't do a level squish, and really even if they do, The Original Races starting area should remain the same, while allied races start at 20 (or 10, or 5 or 2, or whatever they go with) All they have to do is distribute their abilities over the level range like they do with other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Demon hunters and death knights are not "the most powerful warriors we have".
    Actually, yes they are. Care to elaborate, or are you just sitting there with your head canon going?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Actually, yes they are. Care to elaborate, or are you just sitting there with your head canon going?
    Alright. You made the positive claim that they are. Therefore the burden of proof is on you. Care to show us your evidence?

Because, if I recall, the most powerful paladin beat the most powerful death knight. And one orc warrior beat a demon that belongs to the same kind that smacked Illidan like a beetch.

7+ Year Old Account
    orcs and draeneis should be DH from the start, there is also no reason sense to put the other elves just because they are elves, those make as much sense as the others, and who knows what kind of shit would happen with void elves who eat a demon soul
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-17 at 01:02 AM.