Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well most wouldn't survive it to find out. lol

And in Bolvar's case he's wearing the helm of Domination, maybe it has given him a level of mastery over the flames that are visible to this day.

Honestly my main takeaway from all this is 'please oh please bring back 2H frost'.
    If they bring back 2H Frost, I hope they bring back Frost Tanking too. I'd be novel if DK's had two viable tanking specs and one dps. Or make it hybrid tank/dps specs again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I really don't think they'd restrict certain weapons/elements to specific races like that.
    Nah. This was put with Frost, Unholy, and Blood weapons for a reason. It's gonna be 1 or 2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It could be that Bolvar asks Heroes (us) to sacrifice themselves with the promise of a greater power. That's how it could work in the Lore and that's how Pandaren and AR can be DKs.

Frankly, DIDs should have had DKs from the start, surely some of them fought against Arthas at some point.

plz be blood DPS revived.
    i still have my original DK still logged-out to retain the unaltered haunted memento buff with the permanent wraith pseudo-pet.

Here I go creating a Human Fire Death Knight named Volgin ...

I suspected that we will get a WotLK 2.0 eventually in the future. The LK scheming behind the scenes was hinted for 2 expansion's already and a rework of the DK starting zone is needed to catch up lore wise. Now I'm really hyped to see if they will address any of this at the Blizzcon somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It could be that Bolvar asks Heroes (us) to sacrifice themselves with the promise of a greater power. That's how it could work in the Lore and that's how Pandaren and AR can be DKs.

Frankly, DIDs should have had DKs from the start, surely some of them fought against Arthas at some point.
    Frankly, I doubt that the Lich King or Ebon Blade will ever "ask" us to do something or offer us a "trade", they are rather dominant and straight forward. They command and do what they think is needed for the greater good. During the Class Campaign in Legion they told you from the start that the Orcs would be pissed if you resurrect Nazgrim as the new Horseman, but you need to do that anyway. They just attacked the Silver Hand to create a diversion to get the corpse of Tirion to try to resurrect him too.
    If new DK's will be created, it would probably be out of countless corpses of fallen heroes during the 4th war. We slaughter hundreds of thousands probably in those assaults on Kul'Tiras and Zandalar. Ebon Hold was already relocated to the Broken Shore and it wasn't that far away from those both Islands. They could have easily snatched some corpses during all the faction war and nobody would have noticed. They would just argue that they "give them a second chance to fight for Azeroth" as we need as many allies as possible, fighting a greater threat.
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2019-10-17 at 05:02 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

So 4th specs could give us Dark Rangers and Necromancers? Would necro be off mages like in D&D? I think most necromancers were formally mages in Warcraft lore.

my biggest takeaway from this was the frost one was 2 handed, meaning i hope they bring back 2 handed frost..

10+ Year Old Account
    These weapons look like something more out of WoD than Wrath. Not very Death Knight like. The weapons made in Legion that you could by from the Broken Shore were better.

I really hope they dont do a wrath 2 and bastardize one of the best expansions Blizz ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Bolvar isn't a Death Knight though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Bolvar isn't a Death Knight though.
    If the Lich King doesn't qualify as a Death Knight I don't know who does.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they give Death Knights a fourth spec yet ignore tanking shamans and healing warlocks...I'm gonna feel a bit shafted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If the Lich King doesn't qualify as a Death Knight I don't know who does.
    Ner'zul wasn't a Death Knight either and he was the first. Out of the Three Lich Kings only one was ever a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodee View Post
    Genuinely hoping that they don't announce fourth specs for classes, they already can't balance the current state of specs.
    they wont ever perfectly balance the specs whether theres 5 or 10 or 36 or 48 or 100 the fundamental structure of the game makes it impossible so it literally doesn't matter

This forum's ability to read too much into things is mind blowing. They are just starting/transmog items added for the revamped dk starting zone. One just happens to be Bolvar themed weapon. Nothing else to it.

Just seems like they were going to add in Allied Race DKs so they'd change/revamp the starting area so that original race DKs aren't all reporting to the old Lich King that's been dead for a decade.

I think people are reading way too much into what this could mean for 9.0 or the actual storyline.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    It seems unlikely that Blizz would add a 4th spec to every class, when they couldn't even think up a 3rd spec for Demon Hunters.

Now, a Death Knight quest chain -- like the Codex of Xerrath -- that cosmetically turns Frost into Fire? That's something far more feasible.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    You're right. That one hints at a lot of stuff.

For one thing, Bolvar. His thing is fire. So a fire blade would mean his involvement.

It could also be hinting at a fourth spec.
    Now that's a whole can of worms right there. What spec would it be? Are other classes getting fourth specs?
    This is probably not going to be a thing, of course. But there is a small chance.

Edit: Wowhead and some pics here:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295682/...n-blade-swords
    I was going to agree that it probably has nothing to do with a fourth spec, but then I noticed all four blades are the same item level. I doubt getting to the end and Bolvar handing you an improved version of your blade would be exactly the same. Curious

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm not even sure how Bolvar got "fire powers." Alexstrasza's flames are healed him of the blight, I've never heard of a mortal getting fire power after getting breathed on by red dragons.
    Well pretty few of them were resurrected by the Lich Kimg afterwards.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    4th spec confirmed. :P
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Would it be off to assume that with many people believing that the next expansion has something to do with death,
    Blizzard would introduce some new magic type named "death Magic" and DKs are countering with fire as healing specc?
    Let's assume "death magic" would also be able to reverse the effect of wounds.
    Like a mix of cauterizing through fire and reversing damage through death Magic. Wouldn't be the first plate healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It could also be hinting at a fourth spec.
    Now that's a whole can of worms right there. What spec would it be? Are other classes getting fourth specs?
    This is probably not going to be a thing, of course. But there is a small chance.
    That would be cool but it would limit future class pool to only tinker.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.