Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

4th specs confirmed through Death Knight fire weapon datamine?

I read that the new weapons that were datamined are named after Frost, Unholy, Blood and Fire.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295682/...n-blade-swords

Now it's clear that the Allied Race and Pandaren Death Knight skins together with the new map of ICC strongly point toward Allied Races and Pandaren being able to be Death Knights, a new story development around the current Lich King and a new starter area to depict that story.

Those weapons are most likely the weapons that new Death Knight characters will get in the starting area, similar to the weapons we got at the end of the original starter area, after we fought the Lich King.

Now the weapons are clearly themed after the 3 specs, plus fire. This strongly hints at Fire being a 4th spec in the next expansion, possibly due to Bolvar's connection to fire.

I'm calling it now, we are getting 4th specs in the next expansion. Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    Last edited by fikcrim; 2019-10-17 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than likely just a bonus weapon to represent Bolvar if you don't like the other three options.

I seriously doubt 4th specs are happening.

Or y'know. It's fire because maybe Bolvar is in charge and he likes to add his own personal flaming flare to stuff.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you even know what the term "confirmed" actually means?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Or y'know. It's fire because maybe Bolvar is in charge and he likes to add his own personal flaming flare to stuff.
    Exactly. So he would likely teach this new breed of Death Knights his powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Do you even know what "confirmed" actually means?
    Do you know what a question mark means?

Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Exactly. So he would likely teach this new breed of Death Knights his powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what a question mark means?
    The answer is no then

Blizzard can't balance the current amount of specs in the game. I'd wager there is little to no chances of a 4th spec being added.

Quote Originally Posted by NERDZILLA View Post
    Blizzard can't balance the current amount of specs in the game. I'd wager this is little to no chances of a 4th spec being added.
    People say that as an argument for why they can't introduce new classes ever since the Death Knight was introduced. They still introduced more classes. The balancing is fine, nothing will ever be 100% balanced and it doesn't have to.

As a DH main, I doubt I'll enjoy being left out. I already never see tuning changes to my class, and they couldn't think of enough ideas for a 3rd spec before. Which makes me doubt 4th specs tbh.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    Holy shit. I really hope not.
    What would that spec even be?

I'd rather see them go down to 2 specs (3 for druids).

10+ Year Old Account
    4-th spec for DK makes little sense. DK healer would be idiotic. Range DPS may be, like necromancer. But I doubt about it.

As another point of note, as someone said in the comments on that page, the Frost one is a two-hander not one, so maybe we can do Two-handed Frost again.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    As a DH main, I doubt I'll enjoy being left out. I already never see tuning changes to my class, and they couldn't think of enough ideas for a 3rd spec before. Which makes me doubt 4th specs tbh.
    I see potential for a third spec for Demon Hunters and so do I for most other specs. Shaman tanking would be nice.

I wish there were new specs to every class giving them a new role, especially to pure dps classes. But I seriously doubt this weapon model means anything more but appearance customization.

I think they can add 4th spec for DKs, maybe a couple more classes + new class in 9.0.
    And in 10.0 - 4th spec for the rest of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    4-th spec for DK makes little sense. DK healer would be idiotic. Range DPS may be, like necromancer. But I doubt about it.
    It could just be another melee DPS spec based on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Fire Death Knight... derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    I wish there were new specs to every class giving them a new role, especially to pure dps classes. But I seriously doubt this weapon model means anything more but appearance customization.
    It would really make sense. Many classes have the potential to fulfill more roles than they currently do.

While I agree more specializations would be nice, the game by all means needs spec pruning - let alone additions of new ones. Even the team realized this with Demon Hunter, despite being unable to fix a lot of boring designs they have in the game from Legion's legendary / Artifact Weapon removals. Having more of the same but with a new color to your spells doesn't really make it fun, it just changes how you look. There are better systems for that, honestly.

Before 4th specs, they should nail down the fantasy of every specialization and stick to it - stop homogenizing the specs or classes together and then move on to 4th specs. It's rather insane that basically every class is three sub-classes sharing the (mostly) same talent pool, but hey - that's Blizzard's philosophy.

Which is to say, Death Knights probably aren't getting a new specialization - or even if they are, it isn't going to be fire. Bolvar may be imbued with fire because of what happened at the Wrath Gate, I highly doubt it will be a new spec.

I read that the new weapons that were datamined are named after Frost, Unholy, Blood and Fire.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295682/...n-blade-swords

Now it's clear that the Allied Race and Pandaren Death Knight skins together with the new map of ICC strongly point toward Allied Races and Pandaren being able to be Death Knights, a new story development around the current Lich King and a new starter area to depict that story.

Those weapons are most likely the weapons that new Death Knight characters will get in the starting area, similar to the weapons we got at the end of the original starter area, after we fought the Lich King.

Now the weapons are clearly themed after the 3 specs, plus fire. This strongly hints at Fire being a 4th spec in the next expansion, possibly due to Bolvar's connection to fire.

I'm calling it now, we are getting 4th specs in the next expansion. Hopefully Druid will get a 5th one.
    its not confirmed, to answer your question
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow